R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #346
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 876
Default Spec GT FDR???

Question on Spec GT. is it locked at FDR 4.7:1 or can we use 4.8 or 4.9???
thanks
bill
__________________
2011 - 2014 Roadrunners R/C Club President
Race Director
Hot Bodies TC, US Vintage Trans Am, Tamiya Mini Cooper
Founder of "Bite Me Racing"
BILLSBOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #347
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,077
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monti View Post
Bill,

There is no conspiracy to advertise one wheel and send another. It's a simple case of we didn't have enough time to have the white rims made and shipped to us for assembly. Using the black rims that we already had allowed us to make the tires, which have already shipped and on their way to Las Vegas

Enjoy the race everyone.

Monti
Hi Monti,

Never suggested a conspiracy. Just wanted to be sure how to setup the widths of my two WGT cars prior to the event.

Would have been fun to see the original fake carbon fiber JACO wheels get reproduced for the 10th anniversary IIC event.

Will the BSR version of the WGT rims (black) still continue to be made?

And thank you for the quick response. Time to work on my cars.

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #348
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 1,303
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Hi Monti,

Never suggested a conspiracy. Just wanted to be sure how to setup the widths of my two WGT cars prior to the event.

Would have been fun to see the original fake carbon fiber JACO wheels get reproduced for the 10th anniversary IIC event.

Will the BSR version of the WGT rims (black) still continue to be made?

And thank you for the quick response. Time to work on my cars.

Bill
Conspiracy comment was ment to be sarcasm. :0)

The purple striped BSR Wgt tires are not going anywhere. Once we get white rims in house Jaco Wgt tires will be made on those. Since the IIC is a hand out race it really didn't matter what the rim color was.

Monti
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:52 PM   #349
Tech Champion
 
Still Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 7,077
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monti View Post
Conspiracy comment was ment to be sarcasm. :0)

The purple striped BSR Wgt tires are not going anywhere. Once we get white rims in house Jaco Wgt tires will be made on those. Since the IIC is a hand out race it really didn't matter what the rim color was.

Monti
Ahhhhhh...sarcasm...Now you sound like Kraig...LOL

Many thanks for all the information.

Hope to see you at the IIC.

Have not been on a carpet track in 6-7 months; so, not expecting much from me...more LOL

Bill
__________________
Constantly evolving CRC WGT and WGT-R/T...Carpet & Asphalt...All thanks to Team CRC.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:35 AM   #350
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,326
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLSBOAT View Post
Question on Spec GT. is it locked at FDR 4.7:1 or can we use 4.8 or 4.9???
thanks
bill
You can use 4.8 or 4.9.

Just for the record, we do not round numbers either. So if you are at 4.699 that will not work.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:37 AM   #351
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,326
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
Early reports of the spec tire(touring car) show that the glue job on these premounts are horrible. I witnessed a fellow racer today have three of the four tires come unglued after two packs! Anybody else see the same trend or is this an isolated problem.
I don't know about you but I always check my pre-mounted tires to make sure they have enough glue on them. I would rather be safe than sorry.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #352
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,326
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLSBOAT View Post
can someone let me know how I can enter another racer running the same classes as I've already entered under my log-in. the other racer doesn't have a paypal account. HELP HELP

thanks
bill
You will not be able to. Have them create a login and if you are being nice enough to let them use your Paypal account then you should be able to identify that as you complete your registration. Let me know if there are some issues still.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:45 AM   #353
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,326
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default Class changes and additions

I have had a few requests from people to add a class or switch me from one class to another. This I can do and remember there might be entry fee differences between the two. I will be able to get to those changes this week.

Seating arrangements, please e-mail your seating requests to Scotty at scottyernst @ gmail.com with the subject "iic seating request" (remove the spaces). I tried to do this a couple of years ago and it was a huge failure on my part. So I am letting Scotty handle it. Thanks!
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #354
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Dark side of the moon
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
Early reports of the spec tire(touring car) show that the glue job on these premounts are horrible. I witnessed a fellow racer today have three of the four tires come unglued after two packs! Anybody else see the same trend or is this an isolated problem.
Had our first chance to run the GRC130s on carpet this weekend and didn't notice any problems with the gluing but our carpet only came up to what I would consider medium traction. We checked all the tires and they seemed to have a solid glue bead before the weekend started.
__________________
A700 17.5 Stock, USGT, CVTA, RCO Sportsman
WF D06 USVTA
trackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #355
Tech Master
 
trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackout View Post
Had our first chance to run the GRC130s on carpet this weekend and didn't notice any problems with the gluing but our carpet only came up to what I would consider medium traction. We checked all the tires and they seemed to have a solid glue bead before the weekend started.
They appear to be glued upon inspection but in noticed the glue job is merely on the surface and doesn't seem to be glued at the bead of the wheel. I surely hope its an isolated problem. The previous spec tires had an amazing glue job and required no re glueing at all.
__________________
Minh Nguyen
[Maclan Racing][Xpert]
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #356
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,754
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
They appear to be glued upon inspection but in noticed the glue job is merely on the surface and doesn't seem to be glued at the bead of the wheel. I surely hope its an isolated problem. The previous spec tires had an amazing glue job and required no re glueing at all.
We had a couple this weekend that were either not glued at all on one side or that came off the rim pretty quickly affecting the outcome of races. Hopefully that does not happen at the IIC. It would be ashamed if the race results were affected by a poor tire glue job.
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #357
Tech Master
 
trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
We had a couple this weekend that were either not glued at all on one side or that came off the rim pretty quickly affecting the outcome of races. Hopefully that does not happen at the IIC. It would be ashamed if the race results were affected by a poor tire glue job.
Agreed.
__________________
Minh Nguyen
[Maclan Racing][Xpert]
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #358
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,196
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
We had a couple this weekend that were either not glued at all on one side or that came off the rim pretty quickly affecting the outcome of races. Hopefully that does not happen at the IIC. It would be ashamed if the race results were affected by a poor tire glue job.
Let me translate--
Larry's tire peeled in our 13.5 amain and lost to me. He doesn't want that to happen again..
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #359
Moderator
 
Clegg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Outside doing things in places... Denver, CO
Posts: 4,608
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
They appear to be glued upon inspection but in noticed the glue job is merely on the surface and doesn't seem to be glued at the bead of the wheel. I surely hope its an isolated problem. The previous spec tires had an amazing glue job and required no re glueing at all.
From what I understand, the glue not being on the bead is not an isolated problem.
__________________
Joe Kelly - JK720.net
5280 Raceway |5280raceway.com | 5280 Raceway Facebook
Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #360
Tech Master
 
trigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
From what I understand, the glue not being on the bead is not an isolated problem.
Schucks! Not the news i was hoping for.
__________________
Minh Nguyen
[Maclan Racing][Xpert]
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:18 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net