R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #346
Tech Fanatic

Default Spec GT FDR???

Question on Spec GT. is it locked at FDR 4.7:1 or can we use 4.8 or 4.9???
thanks
bill
Founder of "Bite Me Racing"
BILLSBOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #347
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monti View Post
Bill,

There is no conspiracy to advertise one wheel and send another. It's a simple case of we didn't have enough time to have the white rims made and shipped to us for assembly. Using the black rims that we already had allowed us to make the tires, which have already shipped and on their way to Las Vegas

Enjoy the race everyone.

Monti
Hi Monti,

Never suggested a conspiracy. Just wanted to be sure how to setup the widths of my two WGT cars prior to the event.

Would have been fun to see the original fake carbon fiber JACO wheels get reproduced for the 10th anniversary IIC event.

Will the BSR version of the WGT rims (black) still continue to be made?

And thank you for the quick response. Time to work on my cars.

Bill
Old 09-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #348
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Hi Monti,

Never suggested a conspiracy. Just wanted to be sure how to setup the widths of my two WGT cars prior to the event.

Would have been fun to see the original fake carbon fiber JACO wheels get reproduced for the 10th anniversary IIC event.

Will the BSR version of the WGT rims (black) still continue to be made?

And thank you for the quick response. Time to work on my cars.

Bill
Conspiracy comment was ment to be sarcasm. :0)

The purple striped BSR Wgt tires are not going anywhere. Once we get white rims in house Jaco Wgt tires will be made on those. Since the IIC is a hand out race it really didn't matter what the rim color was.

Monti
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 11:52 PM   #349
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monti View Post
Conspiracy comment was ment to be sarcasm. :0)

The purple striped BSR Wgt tires are not going anywhere. Once we get white rims in house Jaco Wgt tires will be made on those. Since the IIC is a hand out race it really didn't matter what the rim color was.

Monti
Ahhhhhh...sarcasm...Now you sound like Kraig...LOL

Many thanks for all the information.

Hope to see you at the IIC.

Have not been on a carpet track in 6-7 months; so, not expecting much from me...more LOL

Bill
Old 09-29-2014, 08:35 AM   #350
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLSBOAT View Post
Question on Spec GT. is it locked at FDR 4.7:1 or can we use 4.8 or 4.9???
thanks
bill
You can use 4.8 or 4.9.

Just for the record, we do not round numbers either. So if you are at 4.699 that will not work.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:37 AM   #351
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
Early reports of the spec tire(touring car) show that the glue job on these premounts are horrible. I witnessed a fellow racer today have three of the four tires come unglued after two packs! Anybody else see the same trend or is this an isolated problem.
I don't know about you but I always check my pre-mounted tires to make sure they have enough glue on them. I would rather be safe than sorry.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:39 AM   #352
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLSBOAT View Post
can someone let me know how I can enter another racer running the same classes as I've already entered under my log-in. the other racer doesn't have a paypal account. HELP HELP

thanks
bill
You will not be able to. Have them create a login and if you are being nice enough to let them use your Paypal account then you should be able to identify that as you complete your registration. Let me know if there are some issues still.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:45 AM   #353
Super Moderator

Default Class changes and additions

I have had a few requests from people to add a class or switch me from one class to another. This I can do and remember there might be entry fee differences between the two. I will be able to get to those changes this week.

Seating arrangements, please e-mail your seating requests to Scotty at scottyernst @ gmail.com with the subject "iic seating request" (remove the spaces). I tried to do this a couple of years ago and it was a huge failure on my part. So I am letting Scotty handle it. Thanks!

Old 09-29-2014, 09:01 AM   #354
Tech Adept

Quote:
Early reports of the spec tire(touring car) show that the glue job on these premounts are horrible. I witnessed a fellow racer today have three of the four tires come unglued after two packs! Anybody else see the same trend or is this an isolated problem.
Had our first chance to run the GRC130s on carpet this weekend and didn't notice any problems with the gluing but our carpet only came up to what I would consider medium traction. We checked all the tires and they seemed to have a solid glue bead before the weekend started.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #355
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackout View Post
Had our first chance to run the GRC130s on carpet this weekend and didn't notice any problems with the gluing but our carpet only came up to what I would consider medium traction. We checked all the tires and they seemed to have a solid glue bead before the weekend started.
They appear to be glued upon inspection but in noticed the glue job is merely on the surface and doesn't seem to be glued at the bead of the wheel. I surely hope its an isolated problem. The previous spec tires had an amazing glue job and required no re glueing at all.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #356
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Quote:
They appear to be glued upon inspection but in noticed the glue job is merely on the surface and doesn't seem to be glued at the bead of the wheel. I surely hope its an isolated problem. The previous spec tires had an amazing glue job and required no re glueing at all.
We had a couple this weekend that were either not glued at all on one side or that came off the rim pretty quickly affecting the outcome of races. Hopefully that does not happen at the IIC. It would be ashamed if the race results were affected by a poor tire glue job.

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #357
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
We had a couple this weekend that were either not glued at all on one side or that came off the rim pretty quickly affecting the outcome of races. Hopefully that does not happen at the IIC. It would be ashamed if the race results were affected by a poor tire glue job.
Agreed.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #358
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Let me translate--
Larry's tire peeled in our 13.5 amain and lost to me. He doesn't want that to happen again..
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #359

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
From what I understand, the glue not being on the bead is not an isolated problem.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #360
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
From what I understand, the glue not being on the bead is not an isolated problem.
Schucks! Not the news i was hoping for.