R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #301
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

While that is a good start, the real ban should be on receiver packs. One source of power in the car, one race pack with the ROAR measurements. Get a booster or boosted speedo. The 1s pack has been around too long for receiver packs to still be a part of racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
It has been proven in Oval racing and Oval organizations here in the US have all banned the use of a receiver pack with any speedo that uses an internal booster.

Easy way to tell if its bleeding is to unplug your 1S battery and turn on the receiver pack and car. If the motor will run with no 1S in it then its bleeding voltage from the receiver pack.

Granted its not much but in Oval racing every little bit helps they say. In their testing in oval it was good for half a lap in a 4 minute run. At a large race thats the differece in TQ to the E main

EA
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #302
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,540
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Seems easy enough to tech
Boosters only for stock class
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #303
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,855
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I call bs

I run a 8.4 lipo receiver pack in my 12th with a justock and tekin. My ko servo is slower response with a booster. And I dont like the feel. So your going to make me change because you just think receiver packs should be banned.
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #304
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 307
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Receiver packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
While that is a good start, the real ban should be on receiver packs. One source of power in the car, one race pack with the ROAR measurements. Get a booster or boosted speedo. The 1s pack has been around too long for receiver packs to still be a part of racing.
+1
__________________
Dave Willits
dds6695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #305
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 8,883
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
I think you worded that wrong, I think you meant it should only be allowed for speedos that do not have built in boosters. You say it both ways in that post.
Sorry you are correct. I corrected my post. Thanks for the catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
While that is a good start, the real ban should be on receiver packs. One source of power in the car, one race pack with the ROAR measurements. Get a booster or boosted speedo. The 1s pack has been around too long for receiver packs to still be a part of racing.
Agreed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
I call bs

I run a 8.4 lipo receiver pack in my 12th with a justock and tekin. My ko servo is slower response with a booster. And I dont like the feel. So your going to make me change because you just think receiver packs should be banned.
Neither of those have boosters built in so you are OK. But I do think technology is far enough along to do away with that like Frank said.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #306
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,302
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Kraig,

It should also only be allowed for speedo's that do not have built in boosters. Its been found that a few will feed voltage to the motor if you use the built in booster and the receiver pack. Some speedo's do NOT have a built in booster in 1S.

EA
Oh great, another list coming up.

I am actually glad this got people talking.

Look for confirmation from Scotty and myself. However, if your speed control does have booster circuitry in it you better start thinking about taking out the receiver pack if you run one.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #307
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,434
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Is there already a buyer for the carpet from this event? Every carpet racer in AZ would like to know...
Yes
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #308
Tech Master
 
WIITA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,554
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
While that is a good start, the real ban should be on receiver packs. One source of power in the car, one race pack with the ROAR measurements. Get a booster or boosted speedo. The 1s pack has been around too long for receiver packs to still be a part of racing.
+1. It's amazing receiver packs have lasted this long in the spec classes. Seems a little weird that these races still allow another source of power that will turn your wheels with out the main power source connected such as a 1s
__________________
Team CRC / Sanwa / Team scream / Genesis RC / Hobbywing / TQ Wire / Schelle / MIP / RC^2 / TEKNO / BoomRC
WIITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #309
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,540
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
I call bs

I run a 8.4 lipo receiver pack in my 12th with a justock and tekin. My ko servo is slower response with a booster. And I dont like the feel. So your going to make me change because you just think receiver packs should be banned.
It does seem unfair to call boosters only on all 1/12 stock cars
Especially for those that actually can feel a difference

However, coming from someone who has worked a fair share of tech, It would be far easier to outlaw rec packs except in mod, than go thru a list of each esc, just sayin

Have you tested back to back with a current 1s lipo ?
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 09-19-2014 at 07:28 PM.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #310
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,864
Default

Gotta love stock.
__________________
www.reedypower.com
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #311
Tech Elite
 
DesertRat's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 2,414
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Gotta love stock.
If you have to worry about this sort of thing, you're probably not a front-runner in stock anyway.

Then again, see the recent Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout for drama. Evidence shows that some of the consistent front-runners in stock are not so pure afterall.
__________________
I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
If everything is under control... go faster.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #312
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,540
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Gotta love stock.
I enjoy driving mod sedan on asphalt

But I kinda suck at high grip indoor mod everything
It's just not fun for this old slow guy
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #313
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIITA View Post
+1. It's amazing receiver packs have lasted this long in the spec classes. Seems a little weird that these races still allow another source of power that will turn your wheels with out the main power source connected such as a 1s
I don't run a receiver pack but now I want to try one (for the servo boost!)

would it satisfy the tech issues if the rule stated that the esc's red wire MUST be lifted from the receiver if a receiver pack is used.
can we not trust people to leave the red wire lifted? perhaps we could dip the red wire connector in purple goop (pick a color for the event)

on the other hand a less challenging solution is for all 1s pan car classes to switch to 2s batteries! then boosters, receiver packs ( and 1s specific esc's) etc could all be dispensed with.
__________________
Tony Shimko

Last edited by avs; 09-19-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: forgot 2s is a good idea!
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #314
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,302
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

For the 10th Anniversary of the International Indoor Championships we are proud to announce that SXT Racing is the exclusive Traction Compound!

SXT 3.0 was developed to provide superior performance in low odor environments for both foam and rubber tire class racing.

Carpet Foam and Rubber Tire: Apply SXT 3.0 to clean tires. Typically the entire rear tires and a portion of the front tires (starting at the inside edge) are coated, depending on traction conditions. Soak time before wiping is also dictated by traction conditions; longer soak = higher traction. Start by soaking the tires for 15 minutes, timing it so that you wipe them 10 minutes before racing.

__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:55 AM   #315
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,748
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Great Choice guys. We have been using SXT at our track for 5 years and it has been great.
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:04 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0