R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #301
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

While that is a good start, the real ban should be on receiver packs. One source of power in the car, one race pack with the ROAR measurements. Get a booster or boosted speedo. The 1s pack has been around too long for receiver packs to still be a part of racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
It has been proven in Oval racing and Oval organizations here in the US have all banned the use of a receiver pack with any speedo that uses an internal booster.

Easy way to tell if its bleeding is to unplug your 1S battery and turn on the receiver pack and car. If the motor will run with no 1S in it then its bleeding voltage from the receiver pack.

Granted its not much but in Oval racing every little bit helps they say. In their testing in oval it was good for half a lap in a 4 minute run. At a large race thats the differece in TQ to the E main

EA
Team CRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #302
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Seems easy enough to tech
Boosters only for stock class
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #303
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I call bs

I run a 8.4 lipo receiver pack in my 12th with a justock and tekin. My ko servo is slower response with a booster. And I dont like the feel. So your going to make me change because you just think receiver packs should be banned.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #304
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Receiver packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team CRC View Post
While that is a good start, the real ban should be on receiver packs. One source of power in the car, one race pack with the ROAR measurements. Get a booster or boosted speedo. The 1s pack has been around too long for receiver packs to still be a part of racing.
+1
Old 09-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #305
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
I think you worded that wrong, I think you meant it should only be allowed for speedos that do not have built in boosters. You say it both ways in that post.
Sorry you are correct. I corrected my post. Thanks for the catch.

Quote:
Agreed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
I call bs

I run a 8.4 lipo receiver pack in my 12th with a justock and tekin. My ko servo is slower response with a booster. And I dont like the feel. So your going to make me change because you just think receiver packs should be banned.
Neither of those have boosters built in so you are OK. But I do think technology is far enough along to do away with that like Frank said.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #306
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Kraig,

It should also only be allowed for speedo's that do not have built in boosters. Its been found that a few will feed voltage to the motor if you use the built in booster and the receiver pack. Some speedo's do NOT have a built in booster in 1S.

EA
Oh great, another list coming up.

I am actually glad this got people talking.

Look for confirmation from Scotty and myself. However, if your speed control does have booster circuitry in it you better start thinking about taking out the receiver pack if you run one.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #307
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Is there already a buyer for the carpet from this event? Every carpet racer in AZ would like to know...
Yes

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #308
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
+1. It's amazing receiver packs have lasted this long in the spec classes. Seems a little weird that these races still allow another source of power that will turn your wheels with out the main power source connected such as a 1s
Old 09-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #309
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
I call bs

It does seem unfair to call boosters only on all 1/12 stock cars
Especially for those that actually can feel a difference

However, coming from someone who has worked a fair share of tech, It would be far easier to outlaw rec packs except in mod, than go thru a list of each esc, just sayin

Have you tested back to back with a current 1s lipo ?

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 09-19-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #310
Tech Elite

Gotta love stock.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #311
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Gotta love stock.
If you have to worry about this sort of thing, you're probably not a front-runner in stock anyway.

Then again, see the recent Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout for drama. Evidence shows that some of the consistent front-runners in stock are not so pure afterall.
It is obvious and intuitive to the most casual of observers that RC racing is better than golf.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:25 PM   #312
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Gotta love stock.
I enjoy driving mod sedan on asphalt

But I kinda suck at high grip indoor mod everything
It's just not fun for this old slow guy

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #313
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIITA View Post
+1. It's amazing receiver packs have lasted this long in the spec classes. Seems a little weird that these races still allow another source of power that will turn your wheels with out the main power source connected such as a 1s
I don't run a receiver pack but now I want to try one (for the servo boost!)

would it satisfy the tech issues if the rule stated that the esc's red wire MUST be lifted from the receiver if a receiver pack is used.
can we not trust people to leave the red wire lifted? perhaps we could dip the red wire connector in purple goop (pick a color for the event)

on the other hand a less challenging solution is for all 1s pan car classes to switch to 2s batteries! then boosters, receiver packs ( and 1s specific esc's) etc could all be dispensed with.

Last edited by avs; 09-19-2014 at 10:18 PM. Reason: forgot 2s is a good idea!
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #314
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

For the 10th Anniversary of the International Indoor Championships we are proud to announce that SXT Racing is the exclusive Traction Compound!

SXT 3.0 was developed to provide superior performance in low odor environments for both foam and rubber tire class racing.

Carpet Foam and Rubber Tire: Apply SXT 3.0 to clean tires. Typically the entire rear tires and a portion of the front tires (starting at the inside edge) are coated, depending on traction conditions. Soak time before wiping is also dictated by traction conditions; longer soak = higher traction. Start by soaking the tires for 15 minutes, timing it so that you wipe them 10 minutes before racing.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 07:55 AM   #315
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Great Choice guys. We have been using SXT at our track for 5 years and it has been great.

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote