Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST >

2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Questions??

This year will be the first time I can go to IIC. I know I want to race my sedan in a 17.5T stock class, but I haven't decided which of these two classes I should enter: 'Amateur' or 'Sedan Stock'. What are the Pros/Cons of these two classes?
Old 08-26-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wwddww34
This year will be the first time I can go to IIC. I know I want to race my sedan in a 17.5T stock class, but I haven't decided which of these two classes I should enter: 'Amateur' or 'Sedan Stock'. What are the Pros/Cons of these two classes?
Amateur has a hand out motor, stock is bring your own. Also amature is for racers that have no ties to rc companies so that means no stickers on your bodies and no company logos on you.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Here is a quick way to look at it:

Amatuer- if your not sponsored and not the consistent A-main winner at your local track, I would run this class. Same motors so no motor of the month to buy, everyone is same speed(all driving skill), races are early in the rounds so you get out to Vegas sooner( more time for drinking, gambling and other illegal activities )

17.5- is full of sponsored guys that live at local carpet tracks nationwide. The A main is the whose who of national stock racing. If you are the king at your local club in 17.5, I would run this class to see how you stack up since its extremely competitive. BRING YOUR "A" GAME

Last edited by dizzy1; 08-26-2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: edit
Old 08-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some of the "amatuers" have been permanent fixtures in the "A" main for as long as I have gone to the race.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by dizzy1
Here is a quick way to look at it:

Amatuer- if your not sponsored and not the consistent A-main winner at your local track, I would run this class. Same motors so no motor of the month to buy, everyone is same speed(all driving skill), races are early in the rounds so you get out to Vegas sooner( more time for drinking, gambling and other illegal activities )

17.5- is full of sponsored guys that live at local carpet tracks nationwide. The A main is the whose who of national stock racing. If you are the king at your local club in 17.5, I would run this class to see how you stack up since its extremely competitive. BRING YOUR "A" GAME
Thanks Dizzy, that helps a bunch. I am nowhere close to being the king at my local club, so I will go for the Amateur class.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks Dizzy, that helps a bunch. I am nowhere close to being the king at my local club, so I will go for the Amateur class.
Or run both classes with same car/motor to dial everything in..
Old 08-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Im gonna add on to that. I ran stock. Amateur, and spec.. if you have 2 cars. should not be an issue. Rodney had a good point about if your the top driver at home. you should move up and challange your skillz!

Nick K
Old 08-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

KRAIG,

did i miss the WGT Tire announcment?

ALOHA
Old 08-26-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Has a Spec GT tire been announced? Or is it the same as the TC tire? With Gravity being the provider of the spec tire for TC, I was hoping the Ride GT tire would be used instead of a standard TC tire.
Originally Posted by Kraig
It will not be the Ride GT tire. We are working on it and I should be able to say something in a few days. I just need the green light.
Interesting, so the Spec GT class will be another tire?

Also, to Tekin, will you be selling at a discount the Spec GT ESC/Motor combo again this year? Thanks again for sponsoring the class with such a capable system!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexRCProshop
KRAIG,

did i miss the WGT Tire announcment?

ALOHA
No announcement yet. I got pictures of the tires and the announcement should be coming shortly.

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate
Interesting, so the Spec GT class will be another tire?

Also, to Tekin, will you be selling at a discount the Spec GT ESC/Motor combo again this year? Thanks again for sponsoring the class with such a capable system!
I didn't say it would be a different tire or it will be the same tire. Stay tuned.

As for the Tekin system, yes I do believe so. It is an awesome deal!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Hey Kraig,

I was wanting to see a recent driver class count.
Here is the list that I have. Keep in mind the mod classes are usually the last ones to fill up.

1/12th Modified (6 Entries)
1/12th Stock (25 Entries)
1/12th Super Stock (16 Entries)
Amateur Touring (38 Entries)
Expert WGT (3 Entries)
Formula 1 (15 Entries)
Modified Touring (13 Entries)
Spec Grand Touring (26 Entries)
Stock Touring (52 Entries)
Super Stock Touring (23 Entries)
World GT (18 Entries)
Old 08-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Default World GT and Expert World GT Tires

For the 10th anniversary of the International Indoor Championships we are proud to announce that JACO will be the foam tire of choice for the World GT and Expert World GT classes.

JACO for years was a staple in the racing world and is now produced by BSR Racing Tires. You can expect the highest quality, you have come to expect in the BSR Racing Tires line, now available in the JACO line produced by BSR Racing Tires. The JACO WGT part number is JAC2100B front and JAC2110B rear. Look for them to be available in September at your local track or hobby shop.

We look forward to having JACO and BSR Racing Tires be part of the International Indoor Championships.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

do we have a 'solid' FDR for the Grand Spec Touring class yet? looking to bring in the necessary sized spur gears....
Old 08-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Any word on the tire sauce selection yet?
Old 08-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
do we have a 'solid' FDR for the Grand Spec Touring class yet? looking to bring in the necessary sized spur gears....
For anybody racing the Russian Rocket, 7:1.

I just know someone is going to go faster in SGT than I will in Touring. Happened last year and I still carry the shame.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.