R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   BAD BATCH OF SANWA SERVO'S (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/817852-bad-batch-sanwa-servos.html)

Jampot 06-06-2014 03:32 AM

BAD BATCH OF SANWA SERVO'S

As title I have found 3 servos with what can only be a faulty spline pitch!!

The way to test if urs is or not is with an alloy servo horn!
Yokomo hudy these types which don't have a cut in to clamp it up!

The plastic horns work fine it is the alloy ones.

I have 2 971's (waterproof) and 1 sdx801.

I have a friend with a 971 with the same fault to.

These servos are faulty contact ur shop or distributor

JimmyMac 06-06-2014 03:42 AM

Interesting. My 801 was fine but my 971 wasn't. None of the plastic Sanwa horns from my Tamiya saver would not fit. My XRay saver did. My Yokomo aluminum horn is a very tight fit. Now I know it's not just me. Thanks.

Jampot 06-06-2014 03:51 AM

At first so did I and possible most that try the alloy horn.

Sanwa have had no complaints up until me. Hence I have posted everywhere come forward.
It is an issue they will sort it out for u

Qatmix 06-06-2014 07:59 AM

I also have a 971 with a spline that is difficult to fit an alloy horn onto. I thought it was just me.

Thanks

NR 06-08-2014 07:21 AM

I've had the same issue with an 801, brand new, alloy horn won't go on but plastic will :(

Trying to get in contact with Banzai where i bought it from, but no response :((

Geezatec 06-08-2014 08:20 AM

Remember the all manufacture have different 'T' sizes(tooth or splines) Believe that there's 3 sizes available 23T - 25T. Airtronic(Sanwa) is different from Toshiba. Sanwa 971 and Airtronics 94647 Servos are the same. And they use a 23T splined Horn. Cant see the error on Sanwa or Airtronics. The error on Aluminum(alloy) Horns Manufactures or the horn you've ordered. Check the T or splines you want before ordering.

Qatmix 06-08-2014 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Geezatec (Post 13320259)
Remember the all manufacture have different 'T' sizes(tooth or splines) Believe that there's 3 sizes available 23T - 25T. Airtronic(Sanwa) is different from Toshiba. Sanwa 971 and Airtronics 94647 Servos are the same. And they use a 23T splined Horn. Cant see the error on Sanwa or Airtronics. The error on Aluminum(alloy) Horns Manufactures or the horn you've ordered. Check the T or splines you want before ordering.

Yes, we are all aware that our servo's need a 23t servo horn. The issue is that some of the 971's have a thicker profile.

As a point of reference, my SRX, BRZ, are fine with the Tamiya Alloy servo horn, but the 971 is a really tight fit, I can take it off and place it on the others and they are fine.

All Sanwa, all 23t splines. It seems that the profile is different on the spline, its still the same amount of teeth, the teeth just seem thicker.

NR 06-08-2014 10:05 PM

Correct,

I've tried 3 different brand 23t servo horns to no avail.

It's definitely a manufacturers fault.

JimmyMac 06-08-2014 10:16 PM

Yes, my 801 worked great on every saver I have used. But once I got the 971, nothing fit except maybe 2 horns. It stripped out every single Tamiya Sanwa plastic horn I had trying to press fit them on. Even the ones that fit my 801. My aluminum Yokomo Sanwa horn fit my 801, but the servo got damaged so I had to switch it out with my 971. The aluminum horn has to be press fitted on the 971 by putting the horn on top of the spline, then tightening the screw down to get the horn on. It's safe to say that the horn is now permanently staying on that servo until it strips out or breaks.

Anyways, it's very clear that the spline is just a hair too thick. Teeth count is correct, just manufacture tolerance is on the "+" side too much.