Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Xray T4 ARS (Active Rear Suspension) >

New Xray T4 ARS (Active Rear Suspension)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

New Xray T4 ARS (Active Rear Suspension)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
So, you run old cars purely because you've deemed one feature to be a step backwards and too similar to an antique car
Other reasons are: they're cheap; I like the blade-style sway bar; they are still faster than the antique driver. These days, for me, it's not about speed-- it's about making me happy.

I also like the Awesomatix, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on one. Or four.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MDawson
The DJ Module was a dialed setup.

I still have one in the shop somewhere. Surely it too will make a comeback.
I still have a couple of sets, loads of rear end grip when needed with these. Although I wish they made the arms from plastic as they could bend on a hard hit and they would then just be junk.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The DJ pro mod is one of the few bits of Tamiya gubbins I still have in my parts boxes. Couldn't bring myself to get rid of it
Old 05-22-2014, 01:00 AM
Tech Champion

r/c goes through phases of innovation...

What strikes me as odd though is, if the David Junn arms worked THAT well, why did they not carry them over to their current product range, or get them redesigned to work with the latest TRF
Old 05-22-2014, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc3team
r/c goes through phases of innovation...

What strikes me as odd though is, if the David Junn arms worked THAT well, why did they not carry them over to their current product range, or get them redesigned to work with the latest TRF
It does work on the latest cars. although I think you need to change the reardrive shaft to a longer one. Its there as a tuning aid, maybe the cost is why it was never std (Never a cheap part). Hence why I have held onto mine, as they are very hard to come by nowadays.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Qatmix
It does work on the latest cars. although I think you need to change the reardrive shaft to a longer one. Its there as a tuning aid, maybe the cost is why it was never std (Never a cheap part). Hence why I have held onto mine, as they are very hard to come by nowadays.
Cool to know

I guess Tamiya should have kept them going on the production line

Things have moved on a lot since my last Tamiya (415msxx) and didn't know if they were something that still fitted or not.

Last edited by tc3team; 05-22-2014 at 01:14 AM. Reason: extra sentance
Old 05-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

So Xray is doing something like this?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13281117-post1027.html

Old 05-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do the parts required to do this include a c-hub with a degree of angle (Eg 4deg like the front) or are they zero degree C-Hub?
Old 05-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lycan
Do the parts required to do this include a c-hub with a degree of angle (Eg 4deg like the front) or are they zero degree C-Hub?
I would assume 0*...
Old 05-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Why assume 0° I would think have different degree c hubs would add yet another tuning option. More parts for x ray to sell and make $$$ off of
Old 05-22-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Just to answer to some of the comments mentioned here and to provide clear and correct facts - the Active Rear Suspension was first designed and used by Juraj Hudy at his first 1/8 off-road back in 1986 a long time before many of the other companies (brands) mentioned here even existed. See www.teamxray.com/XB8 for the photo of historical off-road. Later on this Active Rear Suspension was used by XRAY at the M18 again a long time before some of the other mentioned companies. The M18 was a revolutionary design with excellent handling characteristics and it seems that some of the current similar 1/10 touring car designs were inspired by the M18.

Mario Hudy
Old 05-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mario
Just to answer to some of the comments mentioned here and to provide clear and correct facts - the Active Rear Suspension was first designed and used by Juraj Hudy at his first 1/8 off-road back in 1986 a long time before many of the other companies (brands) mentioned here even existed. See www.teamxray.com/XB8 for the photo of historical off-road. Later on this Active Rear Suspension was used by XRAY at the M18 again a long time before some of the other mentioned companies. The M18 was a revolutionary design with excellent handling characteristics and it seems that some of the current similar 1/10 touring car designs were inspired by the M18.

Mario Hudy
I hear he invented the body clip too! Man the days when people did not know how to keep their bodies attached to the chassis. Thanks to him racers can safely drive their cars at speed with out worry of the body coming off. Thanks Hudy!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
I hear he invented the body clip too! Man the days when people did not know how to keep their bodies attached to the chassis. Thanks to him racers can safely drive their cars at speed with out worry of the body coming off. Thanks Hudy!!!
Who knew? I heard that Hudy invented the antenna tube. He also invented the e-clip.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

I thought he invited the tether car! (showing my age)
Old 05-23-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mario

Mario Hudy
Thanks for the clarification. We should note that it also existed before this. The Porsche 928 used it ("Weissach axle") in 1978. The links were arranged a bit differently, but had the same effect.

To be fair, Mario did not use the word "invent" anywhere in this statement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.