Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Xray T4 ARS (Active Rear Suspension) >

New Xray T4 ARS (Active Rear Suspension)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

New Xray T4 ARS (Active Rear Suspension)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

BMT did this on their 1/8 nitro cars more than 20 years ago... and they weren't the first, either.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does this mean my new car is already outdated?
Old 05-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Had this on the Schumacher SST back in the 90s. Probably not by design; they just wanted to save moulds and use the same suspension front and rear :-)

Can see it working on smooth grippy surfaces at the ETS. Not sure having bump-toe on the rear will work so good on our bumpy outdoor UK tracks with modern power levels and light cars.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
Can see it working on smooth grippy surfaces at the ETS. Not sure having bump-toe on the rear will work so good on our bumpy outdoor UK tracks with modern power levels and light cars.
This was my concern as well, but for those running on smooth tracks an advantage is an advantage. I know Honda used bump toe in the rear of the first generation S2000, but got rid of it on the second generation car because it made the car unstable/unpredictable.

Interesting to see this come out as an option though. Hopefully it won't make the cars unstable. The toe will decrease on throttle in a straight line, so that might effect straight line stability, but for low power classes it might not matter.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

LOL, great now it will cost $40 for top hats and $30 for hubs when you crash. Double the the parts count for the 2 most replaced parts on the chassis - what a great idea - NOT! Sorry, love my D06, front hubs dont' break and top hats cost $4 (and they are the same top and bottom).
Old 05-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
It's just history repeating as manufactures revisit old concepts and seeing if they can improve on it (see gear diffs etc as well)

Recall my first TC, Schumacher Mission also had steering blocks at the rear, but it's links attached right at the back of the car.
What I find hilarious is that since coptimizing the whole car is not an easy task they pick the easiest thing to copy and give it a shot.

Personally I find on the awesomatix that setting the car to have the least amount of rear toe change under load works the best for me.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

GAH!!!! THEY STOLE MY IDEA!!!!

LOL, good job Team X-Ray, I approve of rear steer. It could be a life saver on low traction, no more five degrees of rear toe just to keep the back behind the front. Maybe this is the wave of the future instead of rigid rear blocks.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Providing the link length is adjustable, from short to long u can have it as aggressive or tame as u like,
Schumacher had the first reactive rear toe in tc's
Tamiya ta02 was the first tc too release a shaft drive car?

So Who did copy who?

Surely it's not about who is copying who that's child's play, it about designing the ultimate tourer, taking the best of the best and the consumer opening a box building it and going racing with a smile..
Old 05-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Man what a buzzkill. And here I thought they had active dampers with Magnetorheological fluid.
Or the kind of suspension formula1 (the lotus) had to ban because those 1000hp monsters tracked like slot cars lolz. Lets face it the only innovation in TCs are gonna be the awesomatix cars.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_suspension
Old 05-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another wicked 'renaming' by Xray.....HA
Old 05-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Optimized.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Copying good ideas has been a part of TC design as long as there have been TCs. That's why they all look the same these days.

Awesomatix has obviously stumbled onto something that gives the car an advantage in certain scenarios. It doesn't surprise me that other companies are going to try and figure out what that is and incorporate it without making wholesale changes to their car design. I'm surprised it's taken this long. This is what I expect from car designers. Kudos to them for acknowledging that someone has built a better mousetrap and trying to address it.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I kinda feel sorry for Serpent. They announced theirs nobody really said anything about it. Xray puts theirs out and everyone flocks to new Xray upgrades.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
I kinda feel sorry for Serpent. They announced theirs nobody really said anything about it. Xray puts theirs out and everyone flocks to new Xray upgrades.
Yay Serpent!!!!! feel better?
Old 05-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

some of you guys should really stop trolling, i have been out of the tc game for years....but ideas have been borrowed for ever.....

many of you guys in here are sponsored, why not act like a professional, represent your companies well and not troll to create problems..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.