R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow, impressive. How many cars do you have? I have 4 at the moment. 3 nitro serpents and the electric Ofna. I like the 1/10 f1 cars but there's no place to run them nearby.

P.S. That green looking snow mobile truck with the tank wheels is pretty neat too.
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
SMC, Max Amps, LRP, Poseidon Motors, Cordova Research Motors, Xceed.
Evo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #32
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo 13 View Post
Wow, impressive. How many cars do you have? I have 4 at the moment. 3 nitro serpents and the electric Ofna. I like the 1/10 f1 cars but there's no place to run them nearby.

P.S. That green looking snow mobile truck with the tank wheels is pretty neat too.
Not that many... I have 8, which is less than my RC airplane count of 12, but more than my Helicopter count of 6

I suppose I have many more other RC cars, but true hobby grade would be 8.

1) Traxxas Ultimate, heavily modified 1/10
2) Traxxas Rally/GT8 Heavily modified 1/8
3) Traxxas Rally heavily modified 1/8
4) Traxxas XO-1 nicely modified 1/7
5) Tamiya TT-01 just finsihed 1/10
6) HPi Sprint 2 nicely modified 1/10
7) Associated TC6.1 new in box to be constructed 1/10
8) Ofna X3 GT in construction 1/8

I would like to build a F1! I just heard our club races them so I have been looking

You have a nice collection as well!

Last edited by ViperZ; 06-12-2014 at 06:40 PM.
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:36 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just want to come back to the DTM M3: I f I remember correct, the left mirror was painted red, too.
Other than that it looks absolutly beautiful! Looking forward to see your next projects
Old 06-13-2014, 05:19 AM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
I just want to come back to the DTM M3: I f I remember correct, the left mirror was painted red, too.
Other than that it looks absolutly beautiful! Looking forward to see your next projects
Thanks! Yes you are right about the red mirror. I have not found a suitable matching red as it is more a red orange. Tamiya indicates to use TS-31, however my LHS does not have it. I could check ebay or custom blend it to match.

I'll start soon on the other cars.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Hey Viper Z,

Just passing through, Any updates on that hpi 17548 BMW?. I'm working a my first electric project, well 2nd electric kit but the first that I'm building—might sell the ofna. Anyway I'll be utilizing that body again and love that I won't have to cut out exhaust holes and window vents. I got a cool "new" color I'm going to experiment with but I'll surprise you with it if it turns out well.
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
Old 07-02-2014, 05:48 AM   #36
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hey Viper Z,

Just passing through, Any updates on that hpi 17548 BMW?. I'm working a my first electric project, well 2nd electric kit but the first that I'm building—might sell the ofna. Anyway I'll be utilizing that body again and love that I won't have to cut out exhaust holes and window vents. I got a cool "new" color I'm going to experiment with but I'll surprise you with it if it turns out well.
Hey Evo!

Sorry, I have not worked on this project of late. It's sitting on my desk just waiting. I was thinking of 2 scenarios for this. 1) paint it as designed for the kit decals, that is all white. 2) paint it as a street going version of a car I would like to own.

Now that I hear you're working on one, I may have to wait even more until I see your idea LOL I'm looking forward to what you have in plan!

I've been working on my new Ofna X3 GTe, and fixing up my Rally GT8 that I crashed into myself a few weeks ago. I should get back on to this Project M3 soon....

Here is some video from that day

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by ViperZ; 07-02-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Fix video links
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #37
Tech Addict

Humm, not sure why my video links are not live...
Old 07-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Not prob "Bing Fund" I am able to see them.

My personal opinion regarding the 17548 BMW, I would paint it like a car I'd like to own. That car looks a lot better with solid colors.

How do you like that ofna so far? It looks nice. is that the short chassis? What electronics are you running. This may give me some idea about how I'll set my my GTV2e pro up if I don't sell it.

Off topic, that Park Zone P-47 Snafu Retract Tail wheel airplane is kinda sick too.
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
Old 07-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #39
Tech Addict

Thanks! I will probably go with the solid color then!

Snafu was a fun project. It was built from a airplane that suffer a mid air collision with another plane. I was able to rebuild her

The X3 GTe I have not ran yet. I hope to soon! It has a Tekin RX8 Gen2 ESC with a Tekin 2650kv motor running with 4s lipos. I'll post pictures later when I get home

That GTE v2 is a keeper
Old 07-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #40
Tech Addict

I forgot to mention, the X3 GTe is a 330mm wheel base chassis.

Here are some shots of it along side of my Traxxas Rally/GT8 car.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:27 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Nice, that mustard paint job came out well. We have some of the same electronics. I have the rX8 for my 1/10 electric and a couple of gen aces in my bump boxes. But I think for the car, Imma go with some SMC lipo's. I heard really great things about them and prices are very reasonable. For example: they have 6500 mah 70c 3s packs for like 60 bucks!
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
Old 07-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #42
Tech Addict

Thanks Evo! It's the Tamiya Camel Yellow (PS-19), which is like a McLaren orange, with Parma Pearl black and Parma Pearl white.

Hey, I may have to check out the SMC Lipos as well, I'm going to need a few for my Associated TC6.1 car. If I get them in a +5000mah size I could series them for the 1/8 cars.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #43
Tech Addict

It's been awhile since I've worked on this project. I've started painted the E92, but wouldn't you know it, I ran out of paint.... It's a custom blend of Parma Florescent Orange, and Fastorange in an attempt to replicate the E92 GTR/M3.

So while I get some more paint, I've started constructing the next car for this project, the Associated TC6.1 World's Car. This is the first 1/10 Competition grade TC kit I've built, and I have to say it's darn addicting! I've already been thinking of getting another TC kit, just so I can keep constructing

I'm amazed at how many parts are in these things! With out a doubt, there is truth to so many reasons and excuses to lose! None of my 1/8ths or other RC's have this level of complexity designed into it. That being said this is nicely executed, and it's nice to see how it all comes together. Everything just bolts into place, unlike the freelancing required in RC Airplane construction

This TC6.1 was originally slated as a chassis for the E46, however, once it is complete and pictures for the completed project is done, I will likely turn it into a VTA racer or GT class car. Now I just need another chassis for the Stock class racing.

Who doesn't like a box packed full of goodies?

That's a lot of parts! Thankfully they are all nicely bagged and labeled for sequenced construction

Shocks, spool, diff, CVD's and A-Arm construction done, that's still a crap load of parts on the table and in bags yet to be opened, I called it a day

This morning results

Nearly at the end of the tunnel. I think I'll take a break and go enjoy the outdoors.

Here is the E92 I ran out of paint on...
Old 07-20-2014, 03:30 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Impressive, My experience has been once you deal with the complexity, quality parts and performance of the race level kits, you simply can't go back to the simple stuff.

P.S. Hurry and get some more paint!! I'm sure that BMW will be sick when your done with it.

P.S.S. I got all the parts for my serpent 747e w/BMW shell. I'm just waiting on UPS to deliver my soldering station and I can get to work. IF I can execute the paint job the way I'm envisioning it, I think your going to like it
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
Old 07-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #45
Tech Addict

Quote:
Impressive, My experience has been once you deal with the complexity, quality parts and performance of the race level kits, you simply can't go back to the simple stuff.

P.S. Hurry and get some more paint!! I'm sure that BMW will be sick when your done with it.

P.S.S. I got all the parts for my serpent 747e w/BMW shell. I'm just waiting on UPS to deliver my soldering station and I can get to work. IF I can execute the paint job the way I'm envisioning it, I think your going to like it
I totally get what you are saying of the race level kits, but there is a elegant beauty to a simple pan chassis too

Thanks, I'll stop at the hobby store tomorrow and get more paint.

I'm so looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Funny how a couple of Bimmer fans can get obsessive over simple things like they, hey?

I finished the roller, so now it time to install the electronics. I have the ESC, motor and Tx, just need to find a servo.... I had purchased one from another forum member here, but he never sent it, and is not responding to emails. Paypal has given me back my money.

I know everyone knows what a TC6.1 looks like, but this is mine, and I'm liking it! Not sur eif I should keep the spool on the front or go to a full diff...?

A test fit of the Lipo hard pack shows the belt can come in contact with the sides of the case, is this normal?

Here it is with the Tekin Redline. I know it doesn't really match the car, but I happen to have this one on hand as well as the RS G2 ESC.