R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #346
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This one.

[/QUOTE]
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
SMC, Max Amps, LRP, Poseidon Motors, Cordova Research Motors, Xceed.
Evo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:28 AM   #347
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo 13 View Post
Looking good Viper, looking good! The greeninsh-navy blue M3 is missing from the line up.

Thanks Evo, Right The chassis for that E46 M3 is actually my VTA chassis right now. I'm going to convert that over to USGT or maybe build another chassis for USGT.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:03 AM   #348
Tech Rookie

What wheels are those on the black m3? Looks great!
Trayzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #349
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayzer View Post
What wheels are those on the black m3? Looks great!

Thanks! The wheels are made by Correct Model, # CR-DHS 6mm offset in the pictures.

http://www.correct-model.com/en/product_view.asp?id=35
Old 01-24-2015, 10:58 PM   #350
Tech Addict

I have started to convert my VTA TC6.1 over to a USGT car. I painted up a Ferrari 458 and trimmed it like a 458 Speciale GT2. I had painted up the door mirrors, however did not install them as I did not want to drill holes in the doors to mount them. I would not run with them so left them off. I thought the Italian Red, White and Green would make a nice theme for the Speciale.

Now I just need the spec USGT tires and it will be ready to race. What do you think?

Old 01-24-2015, 11:18 PM   #351
DBM
Tech Addict

That looks awesome! Super happy that we are running usgt. Really opens it up for a huge variety of scale bodies. The muscle cars in vta/cta are cool, but are quite limited with only a handful to choose from, and not everyone is attracted to old American iron.
My usgt tires are at the track and are mounted on tamiya Ferrari wheels! Feel free to use them tomorrow! They are broken in and grip well (I used them outdoors outside Streetwise Service on a handful of Friday afternoons this past summer).
I'm really looking forward to running usgt with you! I'll likely have to wait until after the wcics series is over before I go messing with the setup on my cta car though.
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:21 PM   #352
DBM
Tech Addict

I'm sure you could run any treaded tc tire for the time being. Jesse used a set of hpi x-patterns with a supra body and a frs body at Wednesdays practice. The x-patterns worked well! They are the same compound as the vta tires.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:10 AM   #353
Tech Addict

Thanks Dennis! I'm not sure I'll be running a second class today. It was really hectic last time with only a hand full of us. I look forward to relaxing, and running 2 cars wasn't it

I am looking forward to this USGT class and have already started collecting many other bodes and wheels for it.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:57 AM   #354
DBM
Tech Addict

I agree with you about running two classes being pretty hectic when there are only 4 run groups. When there are 6 run groups, it is much more enjoyable to run two classes since there is actually time to sit and tinker.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your usgt bodies. My first will likely be the hpi lexus is-f race concept, or the slightly blob-ish protoform lexus lfa. Yeah, I'm a toyota fan and my gf works for lexus....
Old 01-25-2015, 01:45 PM   #355
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
I agree with you about running two classes being pretty hectic when there are only 4 run groups. When there are 6 run groups, it is much more enjoyable to run two classes since there is actually time to sit and tinker.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your usgt bodies. My first will likely be the hpi lexus is-f race concept, or the slightly blob-ish protoform lexus lfa. Yeah, I'm a toyota fan and my gf works for lexus....
After seeing Bing's 458 body, and you talking about the awesome LFA, I'm tempted to convert my cta car to usgt after the Calgary wcics race. Is the only difference from cta the body and tires?
CamLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:25 PM   #356
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks great Viper!
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
SMC, Max Amps, LRP, Poseidon Motors, Cordova Research Motors, Xceed.
Evo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:48 PM   #357
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
It was pretty relaxing today with just the TC car I'm looking forward to running more classes at the Moose Jaw WCICS. LFA would be sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLS View Post
After seeing Bing's 458 body, and you talking about the awesome LFA, I'm tempted to convert my cta car to usgt after the Calgary wcics race. Is the only difference from cta the body and tires?
As far as I know Cam it is just the wheels & tires. Dennis will know more, but my understanding is at our club level we are wanting to mix the CTA and USGT class together. Although I started conversion of my CTA to the USGT, I'll be swapping it back in the short term for the WCICS, as you suggested to enter more classes. I also hope to run my WGT as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo 13 View Post
Looks great Viper!
Thanks Evo!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:09 PM   #358
Tech Addict

Painted up a practice STC-6, plain and simple. Looking forward to how the Sweep bodies handle. I plan to run them at Round 6 of WCICS. I'll pack along some other bodies as well.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:50 PM   #359
Tech Addict

I'm just stopping by to say hi to you friend and as always your painting skills blows me away with all the little details really pops out, hard to believe its an rc cars lol. Best of luck with your race, go get 'em.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:25 AM   #360
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by humayraykinaon View Post
I'm just stopping by to say hi to you friend and as always your painting skills blows me away with all the little details really pops out, hard to believe its an rc cars lol. Best of luck with your race, go get 'em.
Hey Humay! Thanks for your words, and for stopping by, nice to see you around buddy! Hope you and the family are well!

I really liked the Sweep STC-6 body in pactice. It seems very suited to my driving style. It has a very good balanced grip, and allows me to power through our tracks infield, like with a LTC-R, but with a bit more control at the edge of grip. Being heavier on the throttle than I can be with a Protoform GX. I found I could apply throttle a lot sooner with it, and hold full throttle longer. It's a nice low looking car on the track as well. I'm glad I stocked up on these.