R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-31-2014, 10:23 AM   #196
Tech Apprentice

ViperZ awesome work always !! And your collection is awesome !!! I've been looking more and more at the 1/8 pavement pounders, how is that X3 ? What's it's advantages vs the gtp2e or the gtv2e? Can't wait to see the bodies you scooped up
traxxas stampede 4x4/traxxas slash 4x4 lcg/tamiya CR01/losi 5iveT/losi comp crawler/losi E-Lst XXL/losi micro t/team associated tc4 rally/team associated sc8.2e/team associated tc6.1/ hpi sprint 2/hpi savage xs flux/axial exo buggy/team associated mini apex/team associated sc18/rc4wd trail finder/17" proboat miss geico/vaterra kalahari
M235i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #197
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235i View Post
ViperZ awesome work always !! And your collection is awesome !!! I've been looking more and more at the 1/8 pavement pounders, how is that X3 ? What's it's advantages vs the gtp2e or the gtv2e? Can't wait to see the bodies you scooped up
Thanks man!

As to the differences I can't say betweent the gtp2e other than the X3 is a newer design thus may have evolved. The gtpv2e is a longer wheel base car at the 360mm wheel base versus the 330mm of the X3.

The bodies I got are another. M3 e46 and a LCR touring body. The average cost was $40 each painted and shipped. I can beat that, and unless the paint job sucks. How can I go wrong?
Old 09-07-2014, 02:34 PM   #198
Tech Addict

I was able to get a HPI Cup Racer for the BMW 2002 project!! I purchased a kit from a fellow forum member as a roller with spare parts, wheels and body. It comes as a Datsun 510 kit.

I'm really pumped for this and I'm looking forward to it. Suddenly I want to get a Porsche Carrera RSR for in now too

This is the actual kit I bought
Old 09-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #199
Tech Apprentice

Awsome ViperZ !!! Looks great , I passed by my local hobbyshop again and they finally agreed to sell me the T.O.P. racing mini fd for 200$ , has Trinity 17.5 sensored setup with a tekin RS , savox digital servo , gens ace 2s and a spectrum reciever included =) , got home and linked to my dx4s and man what a little rocket I love this thing , ill stick to mini cooper bodies as it adds to the realism of the fwd chassis , very fun and agile chassis , can anyone tell me who manufactures this mini cooper body ?
Attached Thumbnails
Project RC BMW ///M3-20140906_221049.jpg   Project RC BMW ///M3-20140906_221322.jpg   Project RC BMW ///M3-20140906_221341.jpg   Project RC BMW ///M3-20140906_221459.jpeg   Project RC BMW ///M3-20140906_221522.jpeg  

traxxas stampede 4x4/traxxas slash 4x4 lcg/tamiya CR01/losi 5iveT/losi comp crawler/losi E-Lst XXL/losi micro t/team associated tc4 rally/team associated sc8.2e/team associated tc6.1/ hpi sprint 2/hpi savage xs flux/axial exo buggy/team associated mini apex/team associated sc18/rc4wd trail finder/17" proboat miss geico/vaterra kalahari
Old 09-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #200
Tech Apprentice

Put on some radials on mini coop wheels, will most likely get hpi mini cooper or tamiya mini body next for it , I might be joining the 4wd mini club soon too =)
Attached Thumbnails
Project RC BMW ///M3-20140906_225321.jpg   Project RC BMW ///M3-20140906_225410.jpg   Project RC BMW ///M3-20140906_225334.jpeg  
Old 09-08-2014, 04:54 AM   #201
Tech Addict

That's an great looking kit, and what a great price! The ESC and motor alone is with the costs The mini body is wicked awesome as well, I like it! Sorry, I don't know who makes that body with out a bit of research. What is a 4WD Mini club?

For this Cup racer I have a Toro ESC and a Tekin G2 Redline 13.5t I'll try in it. I've read lipo fitment maybe a challenge, but should be able to figure something out.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #202
Tech Apprentice

Thanks viperz ! Yea it was a hell of a deal , chassis had 0 scratches , raced maybe indoors a couple of times I assume , I cant seem to find that body anywhere! As far as 4wd mini club , just meant to say Im on the lookout for a 4wd M wheelbase car to add to my collection, sorry for the confusion. A 13.5 in a cup racer should be plenty to have fun with !! Love the fender mirrors on the datsun , when will you be getting it in ?
Old 09-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #203
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Awsome ViperZ !!! Looks great , I passed by my local hobbyshop again and they finally agreed to sell me the T.O.P. racing mini fd for 200$ , has Trinity 17.5 sensored setup with a tekin RS , savox digital servo , gens ace 2s and a spectrum reciever included =) , got home and linked to my dx4s and man what a little rocket I love this thing , ill stick to mini cooper bodies as it adds to the realism of the fwd chassis , very fun and agile chassis , can anyone tell me who manufactures this mini cooper body ?
Thats the Chevron Monster Mini Body. I believe that is out of production.
x3inchesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:17 AM   #204
Tech Apprentice

Indeed it is thank you x3inchesx !!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #205
Tech Addict

Quote:
Thanks viperz ! Yea it was a hell of a deal , chassis had 0 scratches , raced maybe indoors a couple of times I assume , I cant seem to find that body anywhere! As far as 4wd mini club , just meant to say Im on the lookout for a 4wd M wheelbase car to add to my collection, sorry for the confusion. A 13.5 in a cup racer should be plenty to have fun with !! Love the fender mirrors on the datsun , when will you be getting it in ?
That was a nice find indeed! I would have popped for it too! Great on the 4WD Mini. Look at the T.O.P. Sabre Mini. It's AWD, has adjustable wheel base, and looks to be designed like a top competition Touring car. I was wanting one, but the cost was more than I wanted to pop down for something that may get beat up on as a parking lot basher. I don;t have a problem with the bigger 1/8th cars, but these small 1/10 cars really get beat up in parking lots.

If you get one, then I'll have no choice but to get one too

The Cup Racer was shipped today so hopefully in a few weeks... I 'm looking forward to these mini chassis, scale realistic cars!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3inchesx View Post
Thats the Chevron Monster Mini Body. I believe that is out of production.
Excellent job! Thanks for letting us know...

That body is super! It's just so cool, I've never seen it before, but I'm digging it! It reminds me of the full scale Fiat 500 with the 580hp Lamborghini Murcielago engine in it constructed by Oemmedi Meccanica in Italy.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Check out that awesome sound! That Chevron Monster Mini reminds me of it
Old 09-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #206
Tech Addict

I received one of the 2 bodies I bought off ebay last week. The HPI BMW E46 M3 arrived. It was fully painted and decaled out for $32.. You can't beat that!

Here it is as pulled from the bag. I mounted on a set of HPI 10 Spoke M-Sport wheels I had purchased a year back when I had this idea to do 1 M3 The body is a 190mm as apposed to the 200mm of the carbon black one. I think the 190mm looks better proportioned, but the wheels have to have 0 offset.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #207
Tech Addict

I received some more parts and the other body. It's pretty sweet!! Its painted by Franks Bodies. This guy does great work, I can see me getting a few more of these

Xray servo saver for the TC6.2

DVC kit for the TC6.1. I installed this same kit on the TC6.2 and the difference is amazing, no binding at all.

Protoform LTCR body

The headlights, tail lights and grills are all painted

Old 09-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #208
Tech Addict

I just ordered up Yodog's carbon bumper brace for the TC6.2 and carbon lipo stays for the TC6.1. Need one more transponder, paint up a body and find some time to run at the club.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #209
Tech Apprentice

Great deals on those bodies ViperZ ! They look great , your tc6's are turning out very nice ! After some trading around I got a hold of a brand new gtp2e, with one painted body a spare unpainted body a new savox servo and a new mini 8T truggy with some other goodies, the gray body was painted but he drilled the mounting holes horribly so I extended them to the right positions with a dremel and epoxy bonded some metal washers on the body , also made a aluminum wing for it , might wrap it in carbon fiber, just for aesthetics, ., any suggestions on motor/esc for a nice parking lot basher?
Attached Thumbnails
Project RC BMW ///M3-20140916_162933.jpeg   Project RC BMW ///M3-20140917_130203.jpeg   Project RC BMW ///M3-20140917_171828.jpeg   Project RC BMW ///M3-20140917_171845.jpeg  
Old 09-18-2014, 07:22 PM   #210
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Great deals on those bodies ViperZ ! They look great , your tc6's are turning out very nice ! After some trading around I got a hold of a brand new gtp2e, with one painted body a spare unpainted body a new savox servo and a new mini 8T truggy with some other goodies, the gray body was painted but he drilled the mounting holes horribly so I extended them to the right positions with a dremel and epoxy bonded some metal washers on the body , also made a aluminum wing for it , might wrap it in carbon fiber, just for aesthetics, ., any suggestions on motor/esc for a nice parking lot basher?
I would check out the Poseidon Motors. They're not that expensive and run very smooth. Check them out on youtube. A lot of guys in your area do speed runs with them and have given them high praise; In fact, the company is hosting a speed run event on 9/28 in Ventura County, CA. I run their motors as well and like them a lot. Also you can not go wrong with LRP. Customer service is great. I will say this, if the bottom end of the power band is important to you then go with a sensored motor, otherwise, sensorless will do. As far as ESC's, I can't name one that I absolutely stand by as I've only used the Tekin rx8 and have had some issues with them—but perhaps it was my fault.

Viper Z,

Your cars came out amazing. You got a great deal on those bodies. I placed my order with RCMarket, their prices are indeed competitive!
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
SMC, Max Amps, LRP, Poseidon Motors, Cordova Research Motors, Xceed.
Evo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote