R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #166
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That's going to be a real beauty Evo... Looking forward to the color scheme you come up with for this. The Body looks so new style super car to me Is it a Tamiya Body?

Finished the TC6.2 tonight. I just need to install the DCV shafts in the front, paint a sedan body, and I'm ready to go racing at the club!

Oh, those darn Racers Edge servo savers did not fit, they were too big in diameter. So I'm going to try a Hot Racing, which probably won't fit either, or an Xray, which will fit....

TC6.1 (left) & TC6.2 (right)

I had painted a wing at the time of painting the body. I decided to mount it and see how it looked

Old 08-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #167
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Damn that color is sick Viper. Yes the SLS is a 190mm Tamiya—my first. Deciding the color scheme has been a bit of a headache. I must have look at over 1000 SLS's and other 1/1 car paint jobs to find some inspiration, but nothing yet. I even ordered paints for two different paint schemes, and decided against both after receiving them. I'll figure something out.
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
SMC, Max Amps, LRP, Poseidon Motors, Cordova Research Motors, Xceed.
Evo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #168
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

These pictures are making it hard to resist spending money on a TC 6.2...
Old 08-20-2014, 05:04 AM   #169
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo 13 View Post
Damn that color is sick Viper. Yes the SLS is a 190mm Tamiya—my first. Deciding the color scheme has been a bit of a headache. I must have look at over 1000 SLS's and other 1/1 car paint jobs to find some inspiration, but nothing yet. I even ordered paints for two different paint schemes, and decided against both after receiving them. I'll figure something out.
Thanks! I've been looking at a few Tamiya bodies as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly6401 View Post
These pictures are making it hard to resist spending money on a TC 6.2...
Awesome to hear, thanks!
Old 08-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #170
Tech Addict

I assembled and installed my Associated TC6.2 DCV kit tonight. What a difference! It's like night and day. Before, the front CV's would bind at lock to lock turns, so much you can hear it bind. Now it's butter smooth, and totally silent at lock to lock. Well worthwhile upgrade!

The kit with dual joint coupler tubes

The inboard bearing on the steering block needs to be replaced with a 5x10x3 bearing from the stock 5x10x4.

Here is the single CVD versus the DCV

Now I wonder if this kit will fit the TC6.1?
Old 08-21-2014, 12:42 AM   #171
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nice BMW's.
Willybeamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #172
Tech Addict

Thanks Willybeamin!

I will need to get a few more BMW bodies. Maybe a new Z4....
Old 08-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to LasagnaCat

Nice rides. You may want to consider taking the heatshrink off the posts on the black Tekin. Not sure how far down it goes, but those posts are how your esc sheds heat.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #174
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasagnaCat View Post
Nice rides. You may want to consider taking the heatshrink off the posts on the black Tekin. Not sure how far down it goes, but those posts are how your esc sheds heat.
Damit Lasag cat!!! I was digging the shrinktube Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #175
Tech Fanatic

Sneak peek:

Serpent 747e
1512 2650kv Poseidon 1/8 motor
Gearing: 55 Spur 35 pinion
6s SMC lipo 3200mah 70c (Have two)
Foam Tires

She is the ultimate 1/10 Racer!

Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)
Old 08-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #176
Tech Addict

Evo, She's a Lean, Mean, Fighting Machine! Makes me want one of those bodies

Got my SMC Lipo yesterday. Nice battery. 80C continuous, 160C burst. I would buy a few more, however I have way too many lipos to keep track of and deal with already I ordered mine from Bego Racing in Canada. SMC pointed me there to save the UPS shipping to Canada

Got my wheels for the BMW 2002 project. One day I will find a chassis for it. Its a slow parts collection

After Lasagnacat mention the ESC cooling. I de soldered and rewired most of the car. I did leave just a touch of shrink on the ends of the wires for the clean cut look, but for the most part the ESC posts are exposed.

I thought the Lipo made a nice billboard for the Team

OOh, look! A super lots of character sedan car... looks like one of those awesome exotic Mazda GX's which I've never seen on the road

Old 08-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #177
Tech Fanatic

Viper, I'm happy you got the SMC, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Here's some updated, yet still uncompleted SLS Pics. I have mix feelings on the outcome of this body. First thing, I'm happy with the rag top experiment, I think it worked. I have done so much darn research on "how to do" RC rag tops but found absolutely ZERO useful info on it. So I gambled with this carbon vinyl and I think it came out okay. On the down side, because I had given up on the rag top theme, that is, a more, simpler, elegant Mercedes paint theme and proceeded to do a racey sporty theme, This outcome is an improvisation and not what I had in mind. Now, I'm going to do the SLS again, this time with my original rag top theme.
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)

Last edited by Evo 13; 08-26-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #178
Tech Apprentice

Wow Iooks like ive missed a bit of action ! Evo13 your SLS build is amazing! And ViperZ your tc6.2 and body came out great as well , !
Picked up some new wheels , got a hold of some 11mm offset rears for my gt2 m3, the 9mm offset where not as flush with the body as I would like , the e30 got a little love with some disk brakes put in .. the atomic is getting some more aluminum parts put on tmw. Not much else to report , as i am busy assembling a Tamiya Tundra i recently got a hold of ., Great seeing so much progress !!
Attached Thumbnails
Project RC BMW ///M3-20140824_002741.jpeg   Project RC BMW ///M3-20140824_002759.jpeg   Project RC BMW ///M3-20140823_225531.jpeg  
traxxas stampede 4x4/traxxas slash 4x4 lcg/tamiya CR01/losi 5iveT/losi comp crawler/losi E-Lst XXL/losi micro t/team associated tc4 rally/team associated sc8.2e/team associated tc6.1/ hpi sprint 2/hpi savage xs flux/axial exo buggy/team associated mini apex/team associated sc18/rc4wd trail finder/17" proboat miss geico/vaterra kalahari
M235i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #179
Tech Addict

Hey Guys! Thanks for posting up!

Evo, the SLS looks great! I have to admit, I'm not a real fan of convertible coupes with the top up look, but I have to say you did capture the effect of a vert roof very well.... So you're going to do another one? I would like to do one of these in the classic Merc Silver!

M, those wheels look nice and the brakes are awesome! I have a set of orange Brembos as well that I picked up long ago for the McLaren project, I've been wondering if I should pull them out for show photos

Okay, seeing as we are doing the Stance Nation thing to our cars with lots of poke, I decided to try the 9mm chromes I got. They were suppose to be Silver so I could use the 9mm on the back and 6mm on the front, but the seller sent 2 sets of 9mm chromes..... I put them on, more poke in the front than I care for, and the chromes look great, but just a bit more bling than I typically like. But Hey, these are RC cars, and we may as well have fun with them, right?!?

9mm chromies front and back

Hella Flush

The reserved side of me likes this look a bit more for scale, boring, but that's me

More bling and showy

Since we're Stance Nationing here, check out the poke on the front of the E92 with the 9mm chromes

Last edited by ViperZ; 08-24-2014 at 09:18 AM.
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #180
Tech Fanatic

Hey M235i, where have you been, Haven't seen you here in a while. Post some pics of your tundra build, Your really good with the off road builds. The disk brakes looks great on the Beamer too.

Viper Z, The 9mm looks awesome man, I like them a lot. I would go with the designer wheels but because I set my cars up for speed runs on 4 and now 6s, I have to run foams to prevent ballooning. On another note, I still cant't get over that beautiful blue color. Do you know if they have that color in aerosol?

And yes, I'm going to do the SLS again. I'm going for the classic look as well, maybe a darker color contrasted with a beige rag top. I was going to do the bucket lights on this one but I think I'll just touch up the grill and finish the meshing, and conserve the rest of my energies for the classic theme.

Do you have any videos of your touring cars in action? I'm going to start recording some of my runs.
Mugen MBX7T ECO (Truggy)