Wiki Posts
Search

touring bodies

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 09:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
HPI bodies occasionally run into the "thin spot" problem, but the occurrences are few and far between. For the most part, their bodies tend to offer good detail and durability. Before painting the body, check the body for obvious defects (like thin spots) and you could save yourself a lot of headaches.
once you open the package you cant return it...
Old 05-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kongluc
Yes but they come in a huge clear plastic bag..... Really the easiest container I can think of to inspect something before opening it.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kongluc
Says who? Who do you buy from that wouldn't allow return/replacement of a defective product? Even if you have no choice but to deal with that retailer, I'd contact the manufacturer directly for assistance.

Besides, provided that you don't mutilate the package and/or remove merchandise, I see no problem with neatly repackaging the item for return to the retailer. If your chosen vendor treats their customers as you describe, I'd start doing business with someone else.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

on what you have said,get any body you like the look of ,as said above they all crack when you crash,depends on how much you crash as to how long itll last
Old 05-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Suspended

thanks guys
Old 05-30-2014, 10:46 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by oeoeo327
Says who? Who do you buy from that wouldn't allow return/replacement of a defective product? Even if you have no choice but to deal with that retailer, I'd contact the manufacturer directly for assistance.

Besides, provided that you don't mutilate the package and/or remove merchandise, I see no problem with neatly repackaging the item for return to the retailer. If your chosen vendor treats their customers as you describe, I'd start doing business with someone else.
the lhs here don't care how much you buy from them they don't cut ya no slack
Old 05-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Suspended

I did go in there today and got to check out some protoform bodies and even the light ones are stronger than most bodies I've gotten from hpi... not tryin to bash them or nothing the make good cars...I mean I am looking for a body for my HPI sprint 2
Old 05-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

I've never had a problem with either of those bodies. They all crack eventually when hit the wall. The solution is.........
Old 05-31-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

from what your trying to run your car is rallying correct? Purchase bodies that don't have any front lip for it will make the front end crack faster than peanut brittle. I have a Tamiya evo VII body and is sill holding up. HPI bodies are but is a little thin compared to some Tamiya bodies. Tamiya bodies on the other hand last a little longer than HPI bodies but tend to be a little pricey specially with your application. Just get two HPI bodies and be done with it. one for practice and the other for video shoots if your in to that type of thing.

P.S. having the foam bumper as close to the front end will help. there are websites that sell foams that you can layer on your existing foam bumper.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

If you are looking for performance and a mixed onroad/offroad body, you should try to find a HPI Suzuki Escudo PP replica... Probably the best for that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-Suzuki-E...-/150541733745
Old 06-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Suspended

I was thinkin puegeot, or skoda but I forgot about the Suzuki's... Tamiya also has those ford capri's that are nice... but I will be tuning the car for more on road than off
Old 06-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Do yourself a favor, get out of the S2 as soon as practical because it crashes easily due to steering slop.

I just sold mine after upgrading cars... my other cars handle so much better :-)

Consider something like an XV-01 or semi-rally car. Your wallet and your bodyshells will thank you for it.

Last edited by firefoxussr; 06-02-2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: more info
Old 06-02-2014, 09:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by firefoxussr
Do yourself a favor, get out of the S2 as soon as practical because it crashes easily due to steering slop.

I just sold mine after upgrading cars... my other cars handle so much better :-)

Consider something like an XV-01 or semi-rally car. Your wallet and your bodyshells will thank you for it.

I fixed that problem with a paper clip. there are prettier ways to fix it but the paper clip works fine...

I've had the car for 10 years