Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
OFNA GTV2E PRO “ON-ROAD” >

OFNA GTV2E PRO “ON-ROAD”

OFNA GTV2E PRO “ON-ROAD”

Old 05-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by g-one
Im running the grp and sweeps but had to make some clearance for the GRP. What gearing should i run with a 2200kv with a 220ft straight? I havent been to the track because ive been waiting for all my parts to come in.
The racers at your track will be able to better answer your question on gearing, this is what Tekin recommends:

Gearing is a very important part of any setup and should not be overlooked. Track size, level of traction and motor choice all come in to play. Gearing is also car-specific, so there is no one answer for say a 10.5 GEN2 Redline to be geared. A good rule of thumb is to keep ANY Tekin motor, be it 1/10 or 1/8, under 180*F at all times. Usually being geared properly for your track, conditions and car will yield temperatures between 150*F and 180*F. Pay attention to run-time, if your motor is coming off at 180*F after 5 minutes, don't go run a 15 minute practice session as you will likely overheat the rotor, causing permanent magnet/stator damage.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks bubble
Old 05-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

g-one, which body are you going to use?
Old 05-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well the car came with 3 bodies. A ceptor lightly reinforced and 2 heavily reinforced corvette bodies. The guy I purchased it from intended it for high speed runs he just never got around to actually driving it. So I will run the ceptor until I get a new r8 or vette body
Old 07-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Unknowing to me someone caught my car in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG1uG...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I realize this is a completely different car altogether than the DM-1 specE, but how do the two compare? I feel like this car is a much beefier, nicer build quality (apparently it's a serpent make), and more familiar layout. It's like an onroad buggy. Not really, but it sure does look nice from above.

Other than maybe an E-truggy, I was thinking about getting something like this for onroad just because it's difficult and annoying to drive my offroads like I would want this for. For someone new to 1:8 onroad, is this a good choice? Fortunately, I have a couple extra motors that would do nicely in this.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RepEvox
I realize this is a completely different car altogether than the DM-1 specE, but how do the two compare? I feel like this car is a much beefier, nicer build quality (apparently it's a serpent make), and more familiar layout. It's like an onroad buggy. Not really, but it sure does look nice from above.

Other than maybe an E-truggy, I was thinking about getting something like this for onroad just because it's difficult and annoying to drive my offroads like I would want this for. For someone new to 1:8 onroad, is this a good choice? Fortunately, I have a couple extra motors that would do nicely in this.
Actually it's it's built for of a by team c these are good cars they handle well and the long wheelbase is great especially for larger tracks. I highly recommend the pro kit as I had the Rtr and upgrading all the stuff for durability will put you well above the pro kit price.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The car is good with a lot of potential. I purchased the gtv2e "pro" a few months back and have yet to get working on it but its solid and durable. My advise to you "RepEvox", just watch the millions of gtv2e pro videos on youtube. That should help with your decision to buy one, It sure helped my decision.

Last edited by Evo 13; 07-13-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yes, I meant Team C; my mistake. Lots of obscure, internet only companies around like Durango, Serpent, TeamC. I've been watching videos and it seems like the best 1/8 onroad dedicated car. Sometimes I just can't drive to a good offroad spot so driving this on a track or doing speedruns would be pretty simple for my lifestyle.

Not to mention it is a pretty kit. Not too sure I'm entirely willing to spend $450+ for the pro version, but I'll be looking.

So how does the DM-1 compare? Seem like it might be a little lighter seeing as it's has pillow ball hubs, F1 style front shocks, and lots of skeletonization. It's significantly cheaper too at around $250 I think.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RepEvox
Yes, I meant Team C; my mistake. Lots of obscure, internet only companies around like Durango, Serpent, TeamC. I've been watching videos and it seems like the best 1/8 onroad dedicated car. Sometimes I just can't drive to a good offroad spot so driving this on a track or doing speedruns would be pretty simple for my lifestyle.

Not to mention it is a pretty kit. Not too sure I'm entirely willing to spend $450+ for the pro version, but I'll be looking.

So how does the DM-1 compare? Seem like it might be a little lighter seeing as it's has pillow ball hubs, F1 style front shocks, and lots of skeletonization. It's significantly cheaper too at around $250 I think.
I believe the DM1 is an older car with a dated design. But I'll let the true Ofna guys elaborate. Moreover, check Nitrohouse, I bought my gtv2e Pro with body from them for $399.00 shipped.