R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2002, 05:55 PM   #1
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Indoor track owners-Please read

Hello all,

I am looking for some real $$$$ numbers for indoor tracks. Specifically I am looking for your monthly cost for utilities, say for a track with say around 4000 sq. ft and pit space for 40 racers-all running electrci cars, running tire truers, etc. If you have A/C please note that.

Also-monthly maintenenace fees for maintaing a carpet track and facility. Cleaning supplies, toiletries, nails, paint....etc!!!

Also any other reoccuring monthly expenses. I guess like stolen or misplaced transponders, etc.

I am having a hard time generating these kinds of figures, but I need them badly and soon!!!

rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 12:51 PM   #2
Regional Moderator
Send a message via AIM to Mike F

Ray ask someone on the "Indoor Asphalt Racing" Thread, looks to be several owners on that thread posting comments
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 01:11 PM   #3
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

How about the cost of ozite, and where to purchase it? That is some info I was looking for myself.
Visit my store: www.ampdraw.com
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 04:30 AM   #4
Tech Regular

go to www.teamcrc.com they sell ozite.
ausracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 08:37 AM   #5
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ray- I believe alot of what you are triing to figure out is almost impossible to nail down a cosy on.

ELECTRICITY- this is almost dependant on the area you live in, and what electric company servivces you.

Repairs- agian this will mainly depend on the materials you decide to use for the track, the condition of the facilities, and if the repairs can be done using volunteers or professionals must be hired.

Transponders- The new carpet track in my area will be using the KO Propo lap counting system, if it works well I will repost for you. If it does the system costs about 1/2 the price of the AMB and the transponders retail for around $30, so getting guys to soak up the cost by getting their own personnal transponders will eliminate the problems and cost involed with lost, stolen, damaged transponders.......

Check out The Track and e-mail Mimi, she may be able to help you with some of your questions. She is a very nice person, but runs a full service shop/track by herself and is open 60 some hours so she may be busy..... Her track hosts the TRINTY on-road carpet challenge every January and the track is quite large. She also runs the AMBRC system.

You may also want to e-mail Kenetix, or any other indoor carpet track to get answers, also remember when asking about electricity ask for a rough estimate on the number of kilowatt hours used on a monthly baisis during the peak season, then you can convert that into numbers that will be relevent to you.....

G's RC Raceway- Best off-road track on the east coast...period!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 06:03 PM   #6
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Thanks!!!

I tell ya, finding a permanent facility for a track is harder than opening a multimillin dollar restaurant!! Well, not really, but it is Much harder to find a place that will sign a lease for only 6 to 8 months and the kind of rent a club track reqires to stay afloat.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote