R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   reedy mach2 13.5 and orca vx esc issue? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/812239-reedy-mach2-13-5-orca-vx-esc-issue.html)

bornox 05-08-2014 02:41 PM

reedy mach2 13.5 and orca vx esc issue?

does anybody here running this setup and have an issue with the motor or esc? thanks!

EAMotorsports 05-08-2014 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by bornox (Post 13247895)
does anybody here running this setup and have an issue with the motor or esc? thanks!

I have heard from several people that have issues using the Reedy motor with the VX or VXX. I can not figure out why and neither has ORCA. As the motors that have had issues work perfect with other brands of speedo's when tested and any other motor works fine on their orca speedo...just not a reedy.

Not the answer your looking for but it has happened on a few occasions with no answer as to why or how.

EA

Sean Cochran 05-08-2014 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by bornox (Post 13247895)

What is the problem? Can you describe it?

EAMotorsports 05-08-2014 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran (Post 13248037)

Hey Sean,

On the ones Ive seen it acts as the sensor board is faulty but even swapping it out didnt help the issue. Different Reedy motors didnt fix it either. Only thing that did was swapping to a different brand speedo or a different orca speedo. It almost acts likes its a tolerance in the speedo itself. Ive only seen it on 3.

EA

bornox 05-08-2014 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran (Post 13248037)

Actually i'm just curious and i want to try my reedy for my orca speedo thats why i ask around first before i put it in.

bornox 05-08-2014 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 13247957)
I have heard from several people that have issues using the Reedy motor with the VX or VXX. I can not figure out why and neither has ORCA. As the motors that have had issues work perfect with other brands of speedo's when tested and any other motor works fine on their orca speedo...just not a reedy.

Not the answer your looking for but it has happened on a few occasions with no answer as to why or how.

EA

thanks for replying my concern.

bornox 05-08-2014 06:05 PM

i guess i have to purchase an orca motor then. if u guys have one for sale let me know. Thanks!

EAMotorsports 05-08-2014 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by bornox (Post 13248391)
Actually i'm just curious and i want to try my reedy for my orca speedo thats why i ask around first before i put it in.

Please try your Reedy first! No sense in buying an orca unless you have too. There have only been 3 issues that I now of around the globe! So chances are yours will work perfect and you wont have to spend any extra money!

EA

elee32 05-08-2014 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 13248502)
Please try your Reedy first! No sense in buying an orca unless you have too. There have only been 3 issues that I now of around the globe! So chances are yours will work perfect and you wont have to spend any extra money!

EA

I ran a mach 2 6.5 with my orca vx with no issues, definitely try it out before buying another motor

bornox 05-08-2014 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 13248502)

EA

thats right. its worth a try. I like reedy motors. hope im not gonna have some issues. thanks again for all the help. appreciate it.