Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Car What to Buy! >

New Car What to Buy!

New Car What to Buy!

Old 05-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New Car What to Buy!

Hi, i am looking at buying an rc car to race at my local club, all the meetings are run on wood flooring so please take this in to mind when recommending. I have done some racing but been out of it for a while, i am going to be racing 1/10 17.5 brushless and wondering what chassis to buy, here are some of the options i have looked at
Xray T4 14
Team Durango Detc410
Schumacher Mi5

Any Recommendations are welcome and would people explain a little why they would buy one car over the other

Many Thanks
Old 05-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Does your LHS carry parts for each car?
Old 05-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

+1 parts support is critically important.

Assuming equal parts support at your LHS, go with the Xray.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Xray. Superior durability.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FunYunTuSun
Hi, i am looking at buying an rc car to race at my local club, all the meetings are run on wood flooring so please take this in to mind when recommending. I have done some racing but been out of it for a while, i am going to be racing 1/10 17.5 brushless and wondering what chassis to buy, here are some of the options i have looked at
Xray T4 14
Team Durango Detc410
Schumacher Mi5

Any Recommendations are welcome and would people explain a little why they would buy one car over the other

Many Thanks
Just go to the club and see which is the most popular car and get that. It will be the chassis that works for the track. it will have the best set-up and spares advice as other racers will have it and be on hand. Every track / club has it nuances and the most accurate answers would be from the guys who race there.

As a general chassis guide all of the cars above are good. The Schumacher is quick but parts seems to wear really quickly. The Durango is getting a lot of positive comments (testing one tomorrow) but the most popular is the X-ray, strong, consistent and easy to drive.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Xray. Strong, best build quality available, loads of grip in all conditions and doesn't need loads of options to make it work.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a T4 '14, it's an awesome car.
A friend of mine has one of the Serpent chassis' and it's been going well for him. But just as everyone else is saying, make sure your local hobby shop carries spare parts for the chassis you want to run.