Wiki Posts
Search

July 30th - Aug 3rd Roar On Road a Paved Nationals Fullthrottlercraceway

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
We've held two national events.We didnt charge extra for anything.
We tried and lookout for the racer, since they are spending alot on traveling and rooms.

Track nows what its getting into when they bid.

The track pretty much knows what it can make before they bid.

Dont bid on the race, if you dont feel your going to make enough money.
Al I raced at Jackson back in the days you don't have permanent pit spots everyone brings there tent chair etc
All that we have done to improve our facility me & my partner Steve paid for
It was not for roar not for Ifmar but to make it the best we could to accommodate the racers since a lot of them suggested it
We bid for the nationals for the racers to experience the best facility that we could present & if you or anyone does not want to pay for it don't come just like any race its gonna cost u regardless travel or no travel it's the price you pay for the experience of the event
The bigger the track the bigger the cost your track is about 1/4 of the size of ours
We have a diesel generator to provide power it does not run on the love of the hobby it has a cost since we can can not get power from the city we purchased one for our facility
Old 05-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by The Teacher
geeunit1014, if spending the extra money is an issue.....don't go! Stay home and race at our parking lot track, where the water comes up through the pavement and makes the track a swimming pool. If you want somewhere nice to play, sometimes you have to pay....
Ty for understanding
Old 05-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
FT is one of the best facilities anyone could possibly hope to race at. The surface is less than a year old, it is excellent. I don't mean to speak for George but this facility resides on the grounds of a golf course, I am pretty sure that keeping the place going is not exactly cheap. It is a very nice place to play .
Ty for your support
Old 05-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Al I raced at Jackson back in the days you don't have permanent pit spots everyone brings there tent chair etc
All that we have done to improve our facility me & my partner Steve paid for
It was not for roar not for Ifmar but to make it the best we could to accommodate the racers since a lot of them suggested it
We bid for the nationals for the racers to experience the best facility that we could present & if you or anyone does not want to pay for it don't come just like any race its gonna cost u regardless travel or no travel it's the price you pay for the experience of the event
The bigger the track the bigger the cost your track is about 1/4 of the size of ours
We have a diesel generator to provide power it does not run on the love of the hobby it has a cost since we can can not get power from the city we purchased one for our facility
George,
When the Nationals were at jackson the track rented pit tables, chairs and a large party tent for the racers. Those of us that were local brought our own stuff. I am hoping stuff lines up for me and i can make the Nationals at you track. I know July/ august is brutal down there but i'm sure it'll be a great time.

Jerry
Old 05-07-2014, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jerry P
George,
When the Nationals were at jackson the track rented pit tables, chairs and a large party tent for the racers. Those of us that were local brought our own stuff. I am hoping stuff lines up for me and i can make the Nationals at you track. I know July/ august is brutal down there but i'm sure it'll be a great time.

Jerry
Thanks Jerry
Jackson was one of my favorite tracks to race at when I lived in Brooklyn
I hope we can get an understanding that everything has a cost & we tried to do our best for the racers but we can not afford to lose money due to the lack of turnouts this is not off road were there getting 300+ entries
We are just trying to keep a float to continue doing what we enjoy racing
Old 05-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Hope you enjoyed our facility Chris, we were very proud to be able to host the race and was not even in discussion for charging. Race was not perfect, but we learned a lot.

I am surprised to see the extra charge, and will bring it up to the other excom members. I wanted to host a "Club" race on Thursday night for our Nats, and was not allowed to. The reasoning was the it was a compulsory extra cost. On top of that it was a compulsory session for everyone.

This is George/Steve's facility and they have to make ends meet, but ROAR sanctions the race. My comments are not of the ROAR EXCOM, they are personal. Just know that someone from the excom is aware and were looking into it.
Tim,

You are correct you where not allowed to have a club race during the nationals, it was not due to being "compulsory" but due to the fact it was a national event no other facility has ever requested a club race during a national event. As far as wed practice all of the Excomm has ben aware of it. It is an optional practice that is controlled by the ROAR RMT with all practice funds going to the track. Some tracks choose to charge for wed practice others do not. We will review this procedure at our fall meeting.

Steve Mruk
ROAR President
Old 05-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

So if 20 gets you a chair, table, and power in the pits. So what are you getting for the 20 pitting in your own trailer?
Old 05-08-2014, 07:02 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team mopar
So if 20 gets you a chair, table, and power in the pits. So what are you getting for the 20 pitting in your own trailer?
The privilege of parking it at the "World" famous track! And using the porta pooper that they gladly pay for out of their pockets and dont charge extra for as noted elsewhere in this thread.

EA
Old 05-08-2014, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Don't any of you that are knocking the event have anything better to do? The funny thing is the people talking the most trash and being most counter-productive are the ones that either Represent or own companies within the hobby. You should be embarrassed! Try helping promote the hobby/event instead bitching about everything all the time. Try being constructive instead of destructive!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The privilege of parking it at the "World" famous track! And using the porta pooper that they gladly pay for out of their pockets and dont charge extra for as noted elsewhere in this thread.

EA
Lol
just like everyone pays for the magic hand for an Ea sticker on a motor/battery that is not made by Ea
free market choice I guess
I was expecting to hear oversized Pit Area but I like the title
Old 05-08-2014, 08:13 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Lol
just like everyone pays for the magic hand for an Ea sticker on a motor/battery that is not made by Ea
free market choice I guess
I was expecting to hear oversized Pit Area but I like the title
So are you going to answer his question at least? Or just make a lame attempt and making fun of me? I can take it.. I got broad shoulders unlike some! Glad to see the only way you can communicate with personal attacks as always.

The attitude you have on this thread from the beginning with questions, the Worlds thread attitude and the attitude you had at the Snowbirds is what garners responses like this.

Continue on. I got more motors and batteries to go put stickers on and continue to push them out the door faster than I can get them in!

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 05-08-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Don't any of you that are knocking the event have anything better to do? The funny thing is the people talking the most trash and being most counter-productive are the ones that either Represent or own companies within the hobby. You should be embarrassed! Try helping promote the hobby/event instead bitching about everything all the time. Try being constructive instead of destructive!
Robert,

I was halfheartedly answering the guys question with some of the comments I had already seen posted here already.

I hope the Nats and the Worlds are a HUGE Success this year for the sake of the racers attending..... On road needs to continue to grow in the US. Hopefully the North American team will do outstanding this year at our Worlds as well! Good luck to you at the race as well!

EA
Old 05-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
So what you are saying is that racers shouldn't voice their concerns/opinions? Sure, some are written a bit sarcastically, but some are well written, legitimate questions. The majority of the responses however, are with an attitude. A track owner could have the nicest facility in the country. But if turnouts are really low, I would think that the owner(s) would want to know why. Obviously you can't please everyone, but with a "if you don't like it, don't come" mentality, maybe some people just don't care why more racers aren't showing up.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

All I can say is that the cost of the "big" races. ALL OF THEM not just ROAR Nats are getting out of hand.

I remember the good ole days when entries were $40 and the entire A main got a plaque or trophy and the 1-3rd got the same in every main and most of those races you got a hand out motor and an Event T-shirt.. Now they want you to pay for the pit table, chair, electricty, Motor and shirt on top of the $80-100 entry.

With an "if you don't like it, don't come" attitude....and ppl wonder why the hobby isn't growing.

Like Billy said. If you can't answer the sipmlest of questions without sounding like you already have a chip on your shoulder...may be YOU aren't the person who needs to be representing the track on these forums. Not all owners need to be the spokes person for thier business...

I love how after tracks take the time to bid and then WIN the bid do they try and throw it back in the racers faces of how much money they are gonna lose by hosting a race.

You knew EXACTLY what you were getting into when you accepted the race! If its not cost effective for you to hold the race and you are gonna lose $$$ why accept?

Ok off the soap box for now.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by team mopar
Larger pit spot depending on your trailer than covered pit spots that are 4x3
We are limited to trailer spots which will be located on the right side of the track
In the past property owners did not allow us to have overnight parking & campers but allow us now by having a fee imposed
If you feel the fee is to expensive there are some camp grounds close by
We are limited to 12 trailer spots out of 15

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.