Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Great job Cody, thanks for representing.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

This weekend I attended the Swedish Nationals in the modified class. We are using Ride REX30 tires and the carpet track was fairly open and fast with pretty high grip. When the grip came up the car was very good and kept getting better as the race continued. I qualified 6th with two 4th places and one 5th place (round-by-round). Got taken out in the finals so couldnt finish better than 7th. I basically run one of Marc Fischers ETS setups and it works great. I m using VBC o-rings in the dampers with Tamiya bladders on top. All the rest is Serpent standard parts.

http://www.redrc.net/2015/02/swedish...rt/#more-92466

/Christian Holmström
Old 02-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
This weekend I attended the Swedish Nationals in the modified class. We are using Ride REX30 tires and the carpet track was fairly open and fast with pretty high grip. When the grip came up the car was very good and kept getting better as the race continued. I qualified 6th with two 4th places and one 5th place (round-by-round). Got taken out in the finals so couldnt finish better than 7th. I basically run one of Marc Fischers ETS setups and it works great. I m using VBC o-rings in the dampers with Tamiya bladders on top. All the rest is Serpent standard parts.

http://www.redrc.net/2015/02/swedish...rt/#more-92466

/Christian Holmström
Sweet!

Are those bladders the greenish/teal colored ones? I think the clear Serpent ones work awesome. What made you use the Tamiya ones? Just curious
Old 02-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi Cody, I can't speak for the bladders that Christian uses, but I use either the Tamiya black bladders or the Yokomo blue bladders. They are slightly a bit shallower (sp?) than the Serpent white bladders, but the real nice part about them are the lips. The profile of the lip is rounded instead of a square cut, so the aluminum upper clamp collar goes over the lip a lot easier than the stock ones.

I do have a question about your posted setups. Both of them, I see you don't run front arm sweep, just wondering why, and what handling characteristic you where looking for doing this? Thanks
Old 02-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Hi Cody, I can't speak for the bladders that Christian uses, but I use either the Tamiya black bladders or the Yokomo blue bladders. They are slightly a bit shallower (sp?) than the Serpent white bladders, but the real nice part about them are the lips. The profile of the lip is rounded instead of a square cut, so the aluminum upper clamp collar goes over the lip a lot easier than the stock ones.

I do have a question about your posted setups. Both of them, I see you don't run front arm sweep, just wondering why, and what handling characteristic you where looking for doing this? Thanks
I like a lot of steering feel. Whenever I've tried arm sweep I felt like I lost a bit of the responsiveness from the high speed steering. I also like the steering to feel linear throughout the whole motion. This isn't to say that arm sweep isn't a good setup idea..... just a personal preference of mine.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone

The same reason as Johnny, I can adjust the collar without the top moving along.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I find the shock action is fine with the serpent clear bladders it's just the shock collars are almost impossible to turn as the bladder doesn't bite the cap enough to hold it and it just free spins. I'm currently using the old serpent black bladders in 1 set of shocks and the Tamiya bladders in my other set. I drill my caps with a 1 mm drill bit for zero rebound. I've had best luck with the serpent clear bottom oring still. I do like the Kyosho xrings and the rsd orings which both require sone shimming. I've just received some of the rdrp orings from amain to build up my spare set with those as they were recommended by heaps of guys in the FB page.

My next query is the new dodge dart. Anyone run one yet? Got mine in the post today. Not sure how it's going to go but it sounds promising. Any feedback here?
Old 02-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I find the shock action is fine with the serpent clear bladders it's just the shock collars are almost impossible to turn as the bladder doesn't bite the cap enough to hold it and it just free spins. I'm currently using the old serpent black bladders in 1 set of shocks and the Tamiya bladders in my other set. I drill my caps with a 1 mm drill bit for zero rebound. I've had best luck with the serpent clear bottom oring still. I do like the Kyosho xrings and the rsd orings which both require sone shimming. I've just received some of the rdrp orings from amain to build up my spare set with those as they were recommended by heaps of guys in the FB page.

My next query is the new dodge dart. Anyone run one yet? Got mine in the post today. Not sure how it's going to go but it sounds promising. Any feedback here?
I´ve tried a lot of bodies and always come back to the Speed 6 och LTC-R. That said I haven´t tested the Dart yet.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

It looks like one sweet body and i haven't even painted it yet. I won't get to run it till Friday week at this stage
Old 02-05-2015, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Just remove the o-ring from the shock collar..... I've ran it this way since I built the car. It hasn't affected ride height or anything that I've noticed, since the spring keeps pressure on it so it won't turn itself.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

what effect does flipping the steering blocks have on the car?

i put one of cwoods34's setup on the car and on his setup sheet it called out flipped steering blocks.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET

i put one of cwoods34's setup on the car and on his setup sheet it called out flipped steering blocks.
Basically more steering to a point... I've tried it but personally didn't like the feel it gave in modified. Sure it gave more steering but I felt I lost some consistency and stability at the rear.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LOW ET

Levels the steering links without having a bunch of shims on the knuckle.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

It's early days I know but it looks like Victor has settled in with the new car pretty quickly by setting the fastest 3 lap time in the 1st round of practice at the ETS in Germany. Woot!
http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/report/en/18916/144130
Old 02-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The car looks seriously hooked up with Viktor behind the wheel! I'm glued to Myrcm watching his debut unfold!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.