Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor? >

Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

What's wrong with running a fan? If my car is 50 grams underweight, then I'll have to add 50 grams of static weight. Why not run a 30gram fan and heatsink to cool off the stock motor?
Old 08-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go to www.prosilver.com they have some nice motors cheak it out.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Pro4Capece:

I mentioned Express earlier. Really good tuner. I did, however, forget to mention Putnam Propulsion and Fantom Motors. Sorry guys.

EddieO:

OK, I'll defer to your opinion EddieO, just because I think highly of you and Team Br00d. BUT, when the hell are you going to get your website up?

adr3naline fix:

I still like the P2K2 as my preference for small, tight tracks, but maybe you'll have better luck with the Monster. If you do go with the P2K2, I've found the best final drive ratio for the TC3/4 for a tight track to be around 6.6 - 6.8 with trued-down foams. I try for 6.66 (just because I am the spawn of Satan ) and move up or down to adjust for roll-out. Anyways, to figure your final drive ratio for your TC3, divide your spur gear tooth number by your pinion gear tooth number, and then multiply by 2.5. I run a 100 tooth, 64 pitch spur gear with usually a 37 tooth, 64 pitch pinion. 100/37 = 2.703 * 2.5 = 6.76. If I were running a Monster (which might be the case after EddieO's information), I would shoot for 6.9 - 7.1 by dropping down to a 36 or 35 tooth, 64 pitch pinion. (Oh, BTW, if your TC3 still has the stock 48 pitch spur gear, you should consider going to 64 pitch - it's not that big of an investment for a new spur gear and if you don't already have the pinions, you're going to be buying a few anyways in order to get the right gearing for your track).

Last edited by RandomFellow; 08-21-2005 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

From my experience, the Monster-based stock motor is the best choice for sedans right now. There are exceptions to every rule, and you will occaissionally come across another combination that runs well, too.
If you want a fast motor that will work at 99% of the track layouts you'll come across, regardless of size, stick with a monster-based stock. I can promise you that you will not lack horspepower.

Hope this helps...
Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
www.putnampropulsion.com
518-452-0422

(Thanks for the endorsement Adrian...)
Old 08-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

At this point I just need the fastest motor for the money. EA seems to be the cheapest at 36 bucks and 5 for shipping, so Im going to have to go with that since Im spending over what I want to already on the rest of my stuff.

Alright, anyone have any disagreements because Im going to buy that motor before the tick of mid night tonight if no one does.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just bought it

Monster Tuned Stock motor from EA motorsports

41.?? including shipping

hope it comes before the end of the week
Old 08-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

There seems to be a fairly logical solution to the issue of which motor works better on certain tracks...

Pick a tuner, and buy one of each. One Monster stock, one p2k2 stock.

Test them both, and see what works better for your situation. Sure, it will cost you a bit more, but in the long run, the opinion of your car on your home track is the only one that matters, right? No one said racing was cheap. I'd rather show up to a gunfight with 2 guns instead of one. Guaranteed, if you go to a different track, you'll have that one covered with one of your two motors. It would take a lot of the guesswork out of it, too, and provide you with actual first-hand data to make your race-day decisions on.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

doug
Old 08-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default TEAM BR00D

I KNOW ID STICK WITH THE BROOD TUNED MONSTER BR00D HAS BEEN WINNING ALL THE BIG RACES LATELY AND THERE MONSTERS HAVE BIG RIP AND POWER UNBEEATABLE IF YOU DONT CRASH NOT CRASHING BEING THE KEY
Old 08-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

any of you motor tuners have any fresh paradox's laying around or midnights that never sold. pm me.

i'm feeling much better about my on road performance now that i know i've been using off road motors.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Helo,

Whats the best Motor Tuner?There are allot of tuners that make monster based stock motors,BUT WICH ONE IS THE BEST?Br00d, EA, DC, BMI, Putnam,blablabla,.....
Old 08-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by adr3naline fix
At this point I just need the fastest motor for the money. EA seems to be the cheapest at 36 bucks and 5 for shipping, so Im going to have to go with that since Im spending over what I want to already on the rest of my stuff.

Alright, anyone have any disagreements because Im going to buy that motor before the tick of mid night tonight if no one does.
i will give you a piece of advice
There is more speed in your car then in a motor
if your car is crap your speed will be crap ,car good your speed will be good

just make sure you have the best setup in your car for YOU
don`t rely on horse power alone to help you out (it helps though must admit)
Old 08-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run a small technical track, here is the site and run a monster pro tuned motor.

Here is a link, the track changes from week to week so never know what were running. 56x32.

http://www.hisnhershobbies.com/id20.htm

You can see by my avitar who motor I run. Most of us that's all that we run. A few guys will run a P2K2 I prefer the monsters. I ran a 19T the other day and that was a blast on this small track.
Old 08-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by belgianchamp
Helo,

Whats the best Motor Tuner?There are allot of tuners that make monster based stock motors,BUT WICH ONE IS THE BEST?Br00d, EA, DC, BMI, Putnam,blablabla,.....
There are only so many ways to make a stock motor fast. All the reputable tuners know what they are doing. You will be happy with any one of them.
In no particular order: brood, putnam, hyperform, EA motorsports.
Find out if your local shop carries any of them. Most of them will tell you to support your local shop and look for them there.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I was wondering what people normally gear the C2's? I gear my Monsters at about 7.0-7.2 at SoCal, a smaller asphalt track and don't really want to spend half the day trying to get in the ballpark. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For SoCal and the C2 I would start near 5.6-5.9 that track has so many layouts that it would be wise to try to go lower if the track is layed out with the larger strait..if it is tight as usally than maybe closer to the 5.9 range..I have not run 19T at SoCal in a long time....

-Shookie <><
Hey Chris are you going to make Crystal Park this sunday for the Babcock race?
Later....
Originally Posted by Chris Brown
I was wondering what people normally gear the C2's? I gear my Monsters at about 7.0-7.2 at SoCal, a smaller asphalt track and don't really want to spend half the day trying to get in the ballpark. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.