Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor? >

Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

im sure your dialed at everything right....
Old 08-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

random fellow thanks for getting the thread back on track.

I need the torque in the corners, and from what I hear, the P2K2 is the best for my track.

Im going to be buying it in a week so if anyone knows of a better fit motor for me please speak up.

Thanks guys
Old 08-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Helo,

What 27motor four this track?P2PK or trinity monster based?And what trinity monster based there are allot of monster based motors?
What gearing do you guys think?Straight about 20meters,always accelerating,need allot of power afther corner.I'm drving MI2.
If you have a good motor tuner send me his e-mail.
Attached Thumbnails Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor?-mrcp03-04-track-03.jpg   Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor?-mrcp0405-race03-track%2520-8-.jpg  
Old 08-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The p2k is still available from trinity.....I got in a case a couple of months ago.....I still even sell them.

As for the performance, I think Big Jim always said the p2k2 (not the p2k which he designed) held the power record on his dyno. I don't think he ever dynoed a newer monster (yes there is a difference) or a ROAR. I can show you an email where jim flat out says the monster is the best stocker available.....but he would not admit it in public as he still hated trinity.....by time he mended the fences with trinity, he wasn't doing much stock motor stuff, so it never got mentioned really.....

On the track.....the p2k2 and p2k are offroad motors. In onroad, you can't gear the things correctly without them having overheating problems. The monster is the best onroad motor hands down, with the ROAR being a good motor on certain tracks (mainly larger or open tracks).....if you are beating people with a p2k2 in onroad, its one of two things or both.....you are simply a better driver than they are and/or the track is literally working perfect with your gearing on the motor.....

In offroad, the monster isn't very good.....most people say its cause they can't hit the right gearing because of physical limitations with the motor mount.....not saying people have not won with them, but in general, I sell very few to the offroad guys.

Big Jim liked spool up, but NEVER at the sacrifice of POWER. Power is king....plain and simple, thats what he preached....lightwire armatures were thought of by me.....I found and bought the wire after coming up with the idea.....which I can't get back from Jim's bitch/thief of a daughter (yes, I just said that....and its true, ask anyone who had stuff at jim's or an outstanding order). Spool up is king though is more of a statement directed towards modified motors.....not stock motors.

Last I heard, I was one of the top OEM accounts......not sure where I stand anymore.

Running a fan on a motor can work if setup correctly.....In stock it works fine, as you have plenty of battery power for it. I do know it's rarely used on the top car's though. Peter Robinson wasn't running any on his Reedy Race or Carpet nats winning cars....

Most national races are handouts anyways.......you run what they give you.

The highest stock motor ever on my dynos (robi and TD45) was an Binary Outlaw 4 magnet....thing was impossible to gear right though. Next most powerful, is the ROAR.....but like the p2k2, its hard to gear on certain tracks.....then a monster, then a p2k2, then a p2k....then the Orion/Reedy things....

Later EddieO
Old 08-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Final note to this thread's author: Please, oh please, for the love of God, please be very careful when taking advice from your fellow racers. Most people have a herd mentality, so they believe that if everyone is running Monsters, then they must be good. They will preach their newfound "wisdom" till their dying days, and you'll still be smoking them at every turn because you decided to use that gray matter between your ears.
This sounds harsh but it's oh so true...
Old 08-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow now Im really confused on what to get.

The thread goes back and forth. Experienced racer against experienced racer.

What I need is flat out torque power to get through the corners faster than my competitors. I have a very tight technical track and I need the right motor.

I want to purchase the motor tonight but Im still off. Im going to go look up a few spectifications of torque and what not between the P2K2 and the Monster.

BTW: Doesnt trinity only make the P2K2? And I can only find the "Monster" made by Trinity.
Attached Thumbnails Whats the fastest 19 turn and 27 turn stock motor?-midwesttrack_3.jpg  

Last edited by adr3naline fix; 08-21-2005 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'd go monster. Two Major tuners have come on here and have recommended the monster as the only motor for touring cars. Yes the P2K2 makes more torque on a dyno, but it is hard to gear in a touring car. Need to run a monster on a smaller track, simple, gear it down a little.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

is the "Monster" everyone is talking about made by Trinity? because thats the only brand I can really find looking for a monster.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Eddie O is the Owner of Brood http://www.teambrood.com

Eric is the owner of EA Motorsports http://www.teameamotorsports.com/

I run for Surge http://www.surgeworldwide.com

All offer tuned versions of the monster but unfortunately Surge is out of stock.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

DC MOTORSPORTS offers a great version of the monster also,
you should check it out.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adr3naline fix
is the "Monster" everyone is talking about made by Trinity? because thats the only brand I can really find looking for a monster.
Yes it is the Monster Stock made by Trinity and tuned buy a hundred or more diffrent companies. It dosen't matter how big your track is, it is the fastest ROAR legal stock motor you can buy. It is fast on tight tiny on road tracks and big oval tracks.

FYI, you just had 2 of the top Stock/19 motor tuners in world (EA and Team Br00d) tell you the Monster is best.

I would get it from EA, DC, Br00d or Putnam (not in any special order). They are the top guys in the tuning game right now.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

I would highly recomend hyperform for all your motor needs they have some killer motors and a killer price check them out at www.hyperform-racing.com
Old 08-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by adr3naline fix
Wow now Im really confused on what to get.

The thread goes back and forth. Experienced racer against experienced racer.

What I need is flat out torque power to get through the corners faster than my competitors. I have a very tight technical track and I need the right motor.

I want to purchase the motor tonight but Im still off. Im going to go look up a few spectifications of torque and what not between the P2K2 and the Monster.

BTW: Doesnt trinity only make the P2K2? And I can only find the "Monster" made by Trinity.

That looks big enough to be a Trinity Monster track. Also, Trinity is the maker of the EPIC line of motors. Those include the Monster, P2k, P2K2, GM3, and ROAR motors.

I'm suprised that no one has named Express as a major tuner Maybe they're only big on the East Coast.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

So this

http://www.teameamotorsports.com/cat...products_id=28

is a Stock LEGAL tuned monster motor from EA?

Right motor to get? Or should I just stay with the original stock monster. (not tuned like this one)
Old 08-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Thats the one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.