Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna GT-V2e

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Ofna GT-V2e

I apologize for the newby questions as 1/8 onroad is new to me. I now have on order an ofna GT-V2e and I'm wondering about the stock motor and esc. I have a nice Xerun 150a and a new Trackstar 2350 motor. Would it be worthwhile to swap out the stock esc/motor for the Xerun/trackstar?

I may at some point want a max speed run with 6s power and I doubt the stock stuff would take that correct?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Try out the stock system first and feel it out . I think you'll fry it in no time if your running some good power gear up and bash hard , then try the ther system . There's a gtv2e section on forum plenty of info
Old 04-21-2014, 12:11 AM
Suspended

I also bought a GT, still waiting for it. What servo and battery you use?
Old 04-21-2014, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

A buddy just got a new one in and it was topping out on our track. I'm going to do the Xerun/Trackstar swap and sell the stock combo. I plan to use the stock servo for as long as it will go.

I tried reading the GTV thread but it just turned into jibberish when looking for a specific answer. I'll try again.

As for batteries I have 5000 MAH batteries in 50-100C and 75-150c. I will also do a 6S run eventually but for the most part it will only get 4S. With longer straps you can fit a full 4S on one side or the other, I can see this helping to balance the car if all you're running is an oval.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Exojoe
A buddy just got a new one in and it was topping out on our track. I'm going to do the Xerun/Trackstar swap and sell the stock combo. I plan to use the stock servo for as long as it will go.

I tried reading the GTV thread but it just turned into jibberish when looking for a specific answer. I'll try again.

As for batteries I have 5000 MAH batteries in 50-100C and 75-150c. I will also do a 6S run eventually but for the most part it will only get 4S. With longer straps you can fit a full 4S on one side or the other, I can see this helping to balance the car if all you're running is an oval.
How much do you think in total... i do not have many budget for the electrics.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

There is a local guy who is offering $120 for them. If he backs out I'll probably post em in the for sale section.