Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GTX Profile help

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Default GTX Profile help

Hi, I finally bought a Novak GTX. I need help trying to find what the best profile is for stock. Im thinking of trying the 7th profile, but i need help on which settings do what. What is the best setting for the custome profile? Im running a stock motor. Its an Epic based can. With the orangish color can. If any of you can tell me what you run for stock and if u run the 7th profile what you chose for the settings. Thank you in advance.

Chris
Old 08-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

try # 1 setting or just run the default setting...bitter
Old 08-13-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
Hi, I finally bought a Novak GTX. I need help trying to find what the best profile is for stock. Im thinking of trying the 7th profile, but i need help on which settings do what. What is the best setting for the custome profile? Im running a stock motor. Its an Epic based can. With the orangish color can. If any of you can tell me what you run for stock and if u run the 7th profile what you chose for the settings. Thank you in advance.

Chris
i just run standard (profile 3) for most things...althought when im running mod outdoors..i sometimes go upto 4, and then sometimes down to 2 for spec/stock indoors
Old 08-13-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

Do you know or does someone know what changing the drve freguency, minimum drive percentage, dead band percentage, and brake frequency does. Like if u are on number 2 and you want to change each of those. what does each do if you cange the number and how will it effect my car's performance?
Thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Why do read the answers on this thread but don't read the manual?
All the answers to your questions are in there.

Regards
Old 08-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Maybe he got it used and there's no manual? Besides, many times people here can articulate things in more understandeable terms than a manual.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Aries326
Maybe he got it used and there's no manual? Besides, many times people here can articulate things in more understandeable terms than a manual.
Point taken....
Old 08-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

lets see how about going to NOVAK'S web site it has all the answers lazy much!
Old 08-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

YOU KNOW WHAT? If you don't wanna help the guy, then DON'T and SHUT UP, don't just post here to tell him to go find the answer somewhere else.

Most people on this forum are here to help and don't mind giving advice even if it's written somewhere else.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

TL_XXX-S_racer: I can't tell you anything about the 7th profile b/c I've never tried it, but I am running foams on carpet with a stock motor and I think that profile #2 is the best(I like the punch, etc.), but it's all about personal preference(#1,#2, #3).
Old 08-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Old 09-02-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Just received my new GTX, what a great speedy!

Just a quick question, what is the difference between normal braking and the drag-brake option?

What do most people prefer?

As I am new to racing, which option should I use?
Old 09-02-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

DRAG BRAKE
Drag Brake is a feature that actually transforms the speed control's dead band into brakes with a pre-determined frequency and value. This means any time the transmitter trigger is returned to the neutral position (deadband), the brakes will be applied at the specified frequency and percentage.
The most benefit from drag brakes can be found in applications where the vehicle is difficult to slow or brake consistently.

As per Novak Web Site, hope it helps
Old 09-02-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R.Ellis
DRAG BRAKE
Drag Brake is a feature that actually transforms the speed control's dead band into brakes with a pre-determined frequency and value. This means any time the transmitter trigger is returned to the neutral position (deadband), the brakes will be applied at the specified frequency and percentage.
The most benefit from drag brakes can be found in applications where the vehicle is difficult to slow or brake consistently.

As per Novak Web Site, hope it helps
I didn't think to check their website

Thanks for the help
Old 09-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

this profile posted by steve weiss a while back works well for stock and 19t:

Drive frequency: use setting 1 (1.5 kHz) or 2 (2.5 kHz)... 1 will have a little more punch than 2, but will be harder on your motor.

Min Drive: default is setting 2, which is 3%, you can probably have good results with settings 3 and 4, which are 5% and 8% respectively...and if you REALLY feel like you need your low end response to hit harder you can try setting 5 which is 12%

Brake Frequency: I would recommend just sticking with the default setting of 3 which is 3.5 kHz.

Dead band: Default is setting 3 which is 4%, if you go to 1 (2%)or 2 (3%) the throttle might feel a little too touchy... so I would experiment with your drive frequencies and minimum drive values before I messed around with the dead band much.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys. Thank you so much for all your replys. Im sorry i havent replied back in a while. I havent been at my computer for a while. Thank you again. I finally got my GTX were i want it. Thanks

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.