1/12 tires for asphalt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/12 tires for asphalt

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 11:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks again, Andrew. Hobbywing XERUN 120A V3.1 1S, Hobbywing Xerun V10 13.5T, Futaba S9650 all controlled by a DX4R will work fine without the need for a booster etc? ( God I sound like a noob and I've been in this hobby for almost 11 years. )

-Jeremy
Old 04-14-2014, 12:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yep, that's fine, no booster needed!
Old 04-14-2014, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

im sure for AOC the grip will be even higher then what i was like at the State Titles, especially with 3 times the amount of cars running on it all laying additive. it was bad enough your shoes would stay sticky after walking on the racing line. however not sure if they will place a control additive or leave it open.

tires, you'd definitely be looking at your purples, double pink and magenta fronts and pink or magenta rears really depends on how much steering you like.

i ran dbl pink fronts and magenta rears and they worked well. running the xti with servo up front did find to have more front tire wear then others due to weight balance. will definitely be going to altered ego with servo in traditional position.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silberpfeil
Thanks again, Andrew. Hobbywing XERUN 120A V3.1 1S, Hobbywing Xerun V10 13.5T, Futaba S9650 all controlled by a DX4R will work fine without the need for a booster etc? ( God I sound like a noob and I've been in this hobby for almost 11 years. )

-Jeremy

running the spectrum you might need the extra receiver capacitor just so you will eliminate any glitching as the lipo voltage drops, but really depends on if it happens or not.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys!

I think I'll just get a pair of each tire that's known to work ( dbl pink, Meg etc ) here then and see what works best for me. I'll also pick up a glitch buster just in case.

Thanks again.

-Jeremy
Old 04-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting back into RC after being away from it for 20yrs (wow shows my age!), a few classes these days that appeal to me are are F1 and 1/12 Pan Cars.

Like you guys I love the simplicity of the design and bodies on both classes are great (compared to TC, that's just my opinion).

So looking into places to Race it seems AA caters for both F1 and 1/12 Pan Car classes, what days/nights do most of you run and what do most people run there in 1/12? 10.5, 13.5 or 17.5? Want to go where the numbers are

Thanks in advance,

Mark.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

F1, I don't know, 1/12th is really just mod while still building up the classes, AA is still new.
Friday's would be your best bet for 1/12th.
There is a practice day for on toad on the 17th, enter on line through AA website.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Great thanks, think I'll go ahead with the 1/12 would be worth it just to get some track time on such a chassis.. Hopefully other clubs start picking it up like nsw
Old 04-28-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

honestly, it's not likely to run anywhere but at AA.
They do run them a little at bittern, but most other tracks are too dirty and bumpy for 1/12th scale. For this reason, I don't think it will ever be huge in Vic and if you want to run more, then get a F1 as they run these at all the clubs and it's much more popular.
It's just that I don't run F1, so I know nothing about it.

Cheers.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks again Andrew, makes sense re: most likely only running 1/12 at AA. But it's somewhere finally which is good As they run a good mixture of other classes I'll most likely just attend the Friday meets starting with 1/12 and then see if I feel like running F1 or another class.

Time to pick a chassis What chassis are most people running at AA? I'm looking at either Serpent, xray, Team Associated at the moment.. the all seem great.. Probably wise to run something that others are though!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is Ulti foam tire any good?

www . ultitires . com
Old 04-30-2014, 01:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Prince Nuada
Is Ulti foam tire any good?

www . ultitires . com
I've been doing a lot of asphalt running of late with Ultis. I've found them to be far superior to the pink/magenta/purple family on that surface.

Previously I preferred Speedminds on asphalt, but having swapped my previous Speedmind rears for Ultis one night and pushed like crazy, I haven't used Speedmind since.

The thing about the pink/magenta/purple family is that they have a lower rubber content than the foams specifically designed for asphalt racing. This means that, particularly in low traction situations, they won't soak up traction compound quite as well and won't offer as much grip generally on asphalt.

Of course, the yellow/grey/black family has an even higher foam to rubber ratio, which is why they are good in over-gooped black line carpet situations compared to pink/magenta/purple.

Last edited by Radio Active; 04-30-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew S
F1, I don't know, 1/12th is really just mod while still building up the classes, AA is still new.
Friday's would be your best bet for 1/12th.
There is a practice day for on toad on the 17th, enter on line through AA website.
You will build 12th faster if you run spec rather than mod from my experience. Otherwise what happens is newer guys try it, find it difficult or get run over by the fast guys and then get scared off. Starting with spec on the other hand most guys are pleasantly surprised at how easy 12th is. At least this is the case where I am since they've mostly only been exposed to 12th Mod.

The other thing to be said for spec 12th is that it can be run without too much difficulty on tracks that are otherwise regarded as bumpy or too low grip. If you push spec then that allows you to grow the class across more tracks in the region.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

I agree, just that we haven't the numbers yet, with most of the guys that are running them experienced drivers that don't wanna do stock.
I actually brought a 13.5 for my car when I first got it, but could never get anyone to run with me! So I went mod.
I think perhaps after the AOC, maybe some guys will keep 12th up and we can run some stock as well.
I think we just need some time to brew.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

Tow side, all the 12th cars are decent at the moment!
We have some vbc, could xray's, couple yokomos, a few rcx's and a few ae's.
Do your homework and find one you think you like and can get parts for.
Ren at rab will carry vbc parts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.