R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-13-2002, 09:33 AM   #46
Tech Regular
Default MC800C

Has anyone tried the Futaba MC800C ESC, it looks pretty good but i'd like to know how it actually works
Does it have replacable wires?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mc800c.jpg (23.7 KB, 62 views)
LouisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 10:38 AM   #47
Tech Initiate

I think the futaba looks identical to the quantum comp. Same setup layout same info on the top of the case. I think what speedo you use has as much to do as where you live is. In my area of jersey most people use novak and lrp....A few gm's and keyence's. I would only use lrp and novak. I've blown up a novak and a quantum. But the novak had been in a ton of different cars and was over four years old and the quantum that blew up because of a mistake I made, it had nothing to do with the quality of the unit. I now have a quantum comp in my xray and I love it. As for what speedo to buy, they one peice of advice I can give is only buy the best if you can. Even if you have to save longer you get a better speedo that works better.
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 01:59 PM   #48
Tech Apprentice

My Novak Atom speed controller stopped working (i think that was a couple of years old)in my 1/12th.I needed a small esc so i got myself a Quantum comp,I could'nt beleive what a diffrence it made,i had a lot more power and was a lot smoother,at the time i coud'nt beleive that just by changing my speedo would have made that much diffrence.The only negertive i have with the Quantum is that the case would come a part,and made the terminals inside come a part,which would make the motor go at max speed,ive know put a bit of masking tape on it.& touch wood its been o.k,but it is a bit disapointing that this happens with a top of the range speedo!oh and here in the u.k the most common speedo is LRP with the odd Nosram & Novaks

Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 02:19 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Stevie, that happened with my quantum too. I put one of the LRP decals round it but it still came apart when I took it out of the car. So I put a couple of small dabs of really thick CA on the outside of the case by the tabs, it is strong enough to keep it together even in the worst crashes (It's survived for over 6 months like that) but can still be removed if it had to be serviced
LouisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 08:19 AM   #50
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

I took a piece of strapping tape and went all the way around it (and then trimmed it to make it neat and pretty and to go around the wires, etc.) and haven't had a single problem with it. It's my favorite speedo.

Wait a while on the new Novak, though. . .I've seen too many blow up at SoCal. . .they'll get it right, though.
RC10L2.5W - RC12.4 - RCNTC3(bmi) - TC4 (modded) - B44.2 - plus rent-a-rides! :D
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:38 PM   #51
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

ausracer: ive read in another thread the the TRF speedo so be released by tamiya is a "repackaged" KO-VFS2000. (just like the Nosram/Quantum/Futaba escs are all repackaged "quantums). would you know if this is true? just curious since you mentioned that the VFS functions is pattented and will probably by a KO exlusive feature. thanks.

ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 07:40 AM   #52
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

KO VFS-2000 ...... I like it beter than my Novak GT-7
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ ȻT4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
DȻ4-LE ◊ 12R5.2+RDS
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 07:54 AM   #53
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

since quality control at manufacturers has become better in the past few years speed controls have also been better. I remember years back going through speed controls and over the past couple years I haven't had to replace any. I have 1 novak c2 and 2 gmv12 worlds and a cheap novak racer all have been perfect with no problems. I don't think any of the new high end stuff is better than the other. I know a bunch of people using the new gt-7 and they swear by it (I have one on order) For us here in the US Novak is the best for support so that is why it is my first choice.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote