Tamiya TB Evo 6

You're on Page 97 of 171
Go to
  • Hi Team,

    EXO-SIX Alloy bottom plates are in!

    Tamiya TB Evo 6-dsc_0121.jpg  

  • Quote: Hi Team,

    EXO-SIX Alloy bottom plates are in!
    Mike,

    What's the advantage to running the aluminum versus the carbon plate on carpet?
  • Quote: Mike,

    What's the advantage to running the aluminum versus the carbon plate on carpet?
    Hopefully less traction! Can't wait to test mine out .
  • Probably wouldn't want that in usgt. It took me some time to dial in traction on mine. 17.5 tc I can see this working well.
  • Quote: Probably wouldn't want that in usgt. It took me some time to dial in traction on mine. 17.5 tc I can see this working well.
    Even if its slightly a lil heavier, I think this is even better in the USGT class bud. since the weight is already going to have a lower CG, and you need more weight in USGT
  • Aluminum chassis always better for "high grip" tracks

    Would be great especially in USGT
  • AL chassis already on order...for USGT duty!!
  • The aluminum chassis looks great. Hard to justify getting one since my both my cars are pretty dialed in right now. I don't want to have to start over chasing set-ups.

    On another note, both my cars have slightly different set-ups on them (USGT & USGT). But both cars exhibit hard initial turn in if I'm not carful. What are some general set-up ideas I can try to lessen this. I can say both cars already have 0deg front tow in. I really like haw well the car handles other than that so I don't want to really change too much.
  • Quote: The aluminum chassis looks great. Hard to justify getting one since my both my cars are pretty dialed in right now. I don't want to have to start over chasing set-ups.

    On another note, both my cars have slightly different set-ups on them (USGT & USGT). But both cars exhibit hard initial turn in if I'm not carful. What are some general set-up ideas I can try to lessen this. I can say both cars already have 0deg front tow in. I really like haw well the car handles other than that so I don't want to really change too much.
    Not sure what springs, but with Yok Pink fr, Blue rr
    Recommend changes in this order

    Front shock pos 8 (Slower initial roll, more stable)
    Raise front inner camber link (less camber gain)
    Raise front camber link inner and outer (Less aggressive front)
  • Thanks. I'm running RSD springs similar in rate to the yok's. On the USVTA car, the one with more aggressive turn in, the front camber links are at the longest position as it is now, and the USGT are in hole 3. Both already have pretty low front roll centers, but I'll give a go in .5mm increments to sailing the inner front camber link. ill also try moving the front shock out a couple more holes
  • Quote: Hi Team,

    EXO-SIX Alloy bottom plates are in!

    Merry Christmas to me!
  • Thank you to those of you how helped me add another Exo 6 to my RC garage. The new one will become my VTA car. As much as I like my years of VBC cars, the Exo 6 is simply awesome to drive. This is my chassis for the foreseeable future. Great support network of fellow racers as well.
  • Quote: The aluminum chassis looks great. Hard to justify getting one since my both my cars are pretty dialed in right now. I don't want to have to start over chasing set-ups.

    On another note, both my cars have slightly different set-ups on them (USGT & USGT). But both cars exhibit hard initial turn in if I'm not carful. What are some general set-up ideas I can try to lessen this. I can say both cars already have 0deg front tow in. I really like haw well the car handles other than that so I don't want to really change too much.
    How does the back end of your car feel? Could it be the back end being too loose and causing the feel of too much initial turn in?

    Front roll center adjustments that were suggested as well as droop on both ends are what I usually start with when trying to calm down the front end of the car.

    Also, I know it all comes down to preference, but I tend to remove steering servo speed and adjust my steering expo to be a little slow to counter-act my nerves. Sometimes my hands shake so bad in the mains that if I didn't have my Expo adjusted, my car couldn't possibly go straight, ha!
  • Quote: How does the back end of your car feel? Could it be the back end being too loose and causing the feel of too much initial turn in?

    Front roll center adjustments that were suggested as well as droop on both ends are what I usually start with when trying to calm down the front end of the car.

    Also, I know it all comes down to preference, but I tend to remove steering servo speed and adjust my steering expo to be a little slow to counter-act my nerves. Sometimes my hands shake so bad in the mains that if I didn't have my Expo adjusted, my car couldn't possibly go straight, ha!
    I used to adjust servo speed & expo too, eventually found it made my driving too inconsistent, but I know of pro drivers that use all sorts of odd settings that they are just used to
  • A version 2 Evo is on the way from Tamiya

    84427 TB EVO 6 Ver.II Chassis Kit

    interested to see what this entails