R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2015, 10:45 AM   #1276
Tech Elite
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,163
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leester View Post
Carbon around 80, aluminum around 105 grams.
That's not bad at all considering other car brands aluminum chassis adds a whole lot of weight. Some titanium screws can help reduce the weight difference here.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #1277
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,565
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
The USGT tires are good to go
Similar to Sorex 32 & Jaco spec

I'm a bit shocked they work as well as they do tbh
Cheap and they last pretty long too, what's not to like?
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #1278
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,565
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leester View Post
Spy Pix of prototype EXO6 aluminum chassis soon to be released Carpet guys you're going to WANT this! The chassis will be stiffer than the cf chassis and should be the ticket on medium to high grip carpet surfaces. Fit and finish is the same high quality you've come to expect from Exotek. Just in time for Santa!!
Very excited about this. At the Halloween Classic, I experienced what Redbull described in an earlier post, just too stuck no matter what I did (wholesale changes!!). Having seen the car on asphalt, it is a killer with the graphite chassis. Should be just as dialed on carpet with the aluminum.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #1279
Tech Elite
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,163
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

When they say measure from top of axle to setup board for your droop measurements. Top of what axle? Where?
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:33 PM   #1280
Tech Elite
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,163
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Oh and what gear combo's are people using with 21.5?
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:38 PM   #1281
Tech Master
 
Leester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wrong Planet
Posts: 1,014
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
When they say measure from top of axle to setup board for your droop measurements. Top of what axle? Where?
Top of wheel axle. Tires removed. Measure with the back end of your calipers - the part that the little tail extends out as you are opening up the caliper. Stand caliper up vertical, push little tail down on the set up board until the back side of the caliper touches the top of the wheel axle.
Leester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:05 PM   #1282
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,508
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

https://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/f...3#.VjqPIqTPY0I
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:54 PM   #1283
Tech Elite
 
theproffesor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lugoff SC
Posts: 2,767
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
That's not bad at all considering other car brands aluminum chassis adds a whole lot of weight. Some titanium screws can help reduce the weight difference here.
Even with the few extra grams of the aluminum, it should be a problem. I originally thought these cars were a bit heavy, but after I put a couple new bodies on that weren't covered in duct tape on the inside, they both came in about 30 grams under weight for their respective class.

The 17.5 has 5000mah SMC batt and the USGT has a 6500 SMC.

__________________
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #1284
Tech Master
 
racer x 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: im 4rm a far away place called 1st
Posts: 1,825
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

What springs is everyone running on med bite carpet, Tq raceway?
__________________
Matt Bell
Mugen MRX5 Ae R5.2 X6^3 M11x All powered by Speedtech Rc
racer x 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #1285
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,006
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Very excited about this. At the Halloween Classic, I experienced what Redbull described in an earlier post, just too stuck no matter what I did (wholesale changes!!). Having seen the car on asphalt, it is a killer with the graphite chassis. Should be just as dialed on carpet with the aluminum.
In carpet I raised the rear roll centers 1mm . Did you try that ?
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #1286
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,006
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer x 1 View Post
What springs is everyone running on med bite carpet, Tq raceway?
Matt , it all depends how traction is and what oil you are running . Most people are running yokomo springs. Last week I ran blue front blk rear . I also have ran yellow , yellow , pink , blue
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:56 PM   #1287
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,565
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
In carpet I raised the rear roll centers 1mm . Did you try that ?
You mean besides front and rear hinge pin width, wheelbase, shock position, spring choice, shock oil, rear diff oil, camber link height/position, droop...?
LOL

Yeah, I tried a few different settings, coming to .5mm front and rear. I had looked at the setup sheets for Rod C and Lee P from the nationals just to get an idea of what they were doing (in fact I started at home with Rod's setup). Not that it necessarily translates, but its good to see where fast guys are going in general. The biggest change was putting my Xray back together which moved me up 2 mains. That was a desperation move but it did kind of confirm my thoughts that the chassis was a little flexible for the amount of bite at the race. The fact that the car was good at home on a lower bite surface makes me think it's probably going to be good again on higher bite with the metal chassis.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:49 PM   #1288
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,006
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
You mean besides front and rear hinge pin width, wheelbase, shock position, spring choice, shock oil, rear diff oil, camber link height/position, droop...?
LOL

Yeah, I tried a few different settings, coming to .5mm front and rear. I had looked at the setup sheets for Rod C and Lee P from the nationals just to get an idea of what they were doing (in fact I started at home with Rod's setup). Not that it necessarily translates, but its good to see where fast guys are going in general. The biggest change was putting my Xray back together which moved me up 2 mains. That was a desperation move but it did kind of confirm my thoughts that the chassis was a little flexible for the amount of bite at the race. The fact that the car was good at home on a lower bite surface makes me think it's probably going to be good again on higher bite with the metal chassis.
Yeah the traction at the Nats was low bite .
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:16 AM   #1289
Tech Adept
 
Aitutaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 167
Default

hi guys,
anybody of you tried the Hiro Seiko Titanium screws ?
are they ok?

http://www.hiro-seiko.com/news.php?action=detail&id=109

will save about 25g ...
Aitutaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #1290
Tech Champion
 
lbckevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 5,510
Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)
Default

I am using them and they are nice. I did not get a complete set, just pieced it together. I got them from Pit box Hobbies.

http://www.pitboxhobbies.com/screws.htm
__________________
Kevin Smith
Hobbywing * Pro-Line * MIP * Paint Monster
lbckevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net