Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree164Likes

Tamiya TB Evo 6

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Mine is whisper quiet. I am running the plastic diff gears (sanded). And I shimmed the ring and pinion gears (diff input and main diff gears) front and rear so there is just a tick of play.

I am also running the EXO conversion and never ran it with the transvers motor.

I love the sound of a shaft drive over a belt drive. And this thing brakes extremely hard. Had to turn turn down my initial brake setting on my speedo.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnn27
Are you running metal diff gears ?
Yes.

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
If your drive train is noisy you have damaged the ring or the pinion gear one is missing a tooth most likely. You may need shim the pinion out or shim the crown gear. Mine was noisy and that was the problem when ever I here a noise that is what I check for
What ring? Which pinion?

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Mine is whisper quiet. I am running the plastic diff gears (sanded). And I shimmed the ring and pinion gears (diff input and main diff gears) front and rear so there is just a tick of play.

I am also running the EXO conversion and never ran it with the transvers motor.

I love the sound of a shaft drive over a belt drive. And this thing brakes extremely hard. Had to turn turn down my initial brake setting on my speedo.
I have the EXO conversion but I'm running it stock with the transverse motor mount for now. What size shims on what part of the pinion?
Old 10-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Emaculant
Yes.

What ring? Which pinion?

I have the EXO conversion but I'm running it stock with the transverse motor mount for now. What size shims on what part of the pinion?
On the shaft the pinion is mounted to also the diff shims they are in your kit the ring and Pinion need the slightest amount of lash.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Dave..what diff oil where you using? How was the feel?
A noob Jerez. Do you mean the diff oil to be filled up in the differential gear during setup? In the Evo 6 set up manual's supplement, it states that damper oil (clear) provided shall be used instead of differential oil, and I did accordingly. Am I wrong in this case? Thank you.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kakaru
A noob Jerez. Do you mean the diff oil to be filled up in the differential gear during setup? In the Evo 6 set up manual's supplement, it states that damper oil (clear) provided shall be used instead of differential oil, and I did accordingly. Am I wrong in this case? Thank you.
You can buy aftermarket diff fluids. I use 1k-2k in my cars.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

On the shaft the pinion is mounted to also the diff shims they are in your kit the ring and Pinion need the slightest amount of lash.
Are you guys adding any shims or are you using just what came with the kit? Can you send me a pic?
Old 10-26-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Emaculant
Are you guys adding any shims or are you using just what came with the kit? Can you send me a pic?
Inline Exo here
Used some shims with kit, not all
Steel diff gears 5k
Sounds same as belt drive
Old 10-26-2015, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Inline Exo here
Used some shims with kit, not all
Steel diff gears 5k
Sounds same as belt drive
Post a picture for all to see please
Old 10-26-2015, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

You can buy aftermarket diff fluids. I use 1k-2k in my cars.
Well, the thing is I'm following the Evo 6 setup manual to use the stock clear damper oil to fill up my differential gear. Am I doing the right thing? Do I need to buy differential oil and rebuild my differential gear? I'm a noob in RC and this is my first time building a RC car.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kakaru
Well, the thing is I'm following the Evo 6 setup manual to use the stock clear damper oil to fill up my differential gear. Am I doing the right thing? Do I need to buy differential oil and rebuild my differential gear? I'm a noob in RC and this is my first time building a RC car.
You did fine. Different thickness of diff fluid make the car act differently. I'm not sure what the thickness of the stock diff fluid is so I start with what most people start with and that's usually 2k. Haven't ran the car yet to decide what else to use yet.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
You did fine. Different thickness of diff fluid make the car act differently. I'm not sure what the thickness of the stock diff fluid is so I start with what most people start with and that's usually 2k. Haven't ran the car yet to decide what else to use yet.
Thanks Josh. Glad that I am not in the wrong track of build the Evo 6 thus far. :-)
Old 10-27-2015, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Exo Six missing part

Hi just wondering if anyone elses EXO Six conversion kit was missing any parts.
Mine arrived the other day missing the Alloy motor mount, have sent an email today so hoping for a reply tomorrow
Old 10-27-2015, 02:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Toolmannz2
Mine arrived the other day missing the Alloy motor mount, have sent an email today so hoping for a reply tomorrow
i was missing a m2x4 screw... luckily not the alloy motor mount..
a screw is easy to replace

and of course the ball bearing, which is missing in every kit...

Last edited by Aitutaki; 10-27-2015 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toolmannz2
When I ordered from Exotek yeah my motor mount was missing. Sent them a email and they said they had realized there mistake and it was shipped shortly after my kit was sent. Got it in the mail the next day. Good service!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had my first outing on the track with the Exo conversion a few days ago and it handled great. However, after five runs or so, I did notice the gold drive cup from the spur gear was starting to open up slightly. Not as wide as Aitutuki's but I am starting to get a little play between the cup and the plastic cap. Was there an error in my assembly or is this a known problem with the drive cup?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.