R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2014, 03:22 AM   #826
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 17
Default

thanks Metalnut, for your answer.
shanem6793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #827
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,010
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi All,
Anyone running 21.5 with the stock drivetrain? I'm getting the TB04 and wondering where I should start with a pinion spur combo. I'm going with 64P. Assuming a spur in the 70 something range?

Thanks
__________________
At The Gate Bizzos
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #828
Tech Elite
 
metalnut's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Hi All,
Anyone running 21.5 with the stock drivetrain? I'm getting the TB04 and wondering where I should start with a pinion spur combo. I'm going with 64P. Assuming a spur in the 70 something range?

Thanks
I tried a 74, 76 and 78 spur to get into the 3.7 - 3.3 FDR range. It's a bit of a tough situation, the 74 spur doesn't let you use anything below a 54T pinion if I recall, and with a 78 spur you have to start using a ball driver to tighten the motor screws with anything over a 57T pinion. Right now I'm at 78/55 and that's a good fit, but the motor is definitely pretty far back.
__________________
Team Nervous | Team Scruffy | Team Orange

"If you ain't first, you're last!"
- Ricky Bobby
metalnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #829
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,010
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
I tried a 74, 76 and 78 spur to get into the 3.7 - 3.3 FDR range. It's a bit of a tough situation, the 74 spur doesn't let you use anything below a 54T pinion if I recall, and with a 78 spur you have to start using a ball driver to tighten the motor screws with anything over a 57T pinion. Right now I'm at 78/55 and that's a good fit, but the motor is definitely pretty far back.
Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for.
__________________
At The Gate Bizzos
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #830
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,727
Default

Could anybody tell me if is worth to using tb04 shock mount in order to run short shocks in carpet tracks?
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #831
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,187
Default

The evo6 already has the low profile shock towers
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #832
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,727
Default

Oops, i forgot, thank you!
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:10 AM   #833
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Hello Evo drivers/owners.

I know it's a evo 6 thread, but if the are some evo iv owners i have some info:

I just finished a nice evo iv project to update the car to a nowadays compatible car.

First update:
- Complete 418 suspension and steering blocks.
- Gear diff in the rear
- TB-04 Spool in the front
- New gears from tb04/evo 6 in the complete car

Second update:
New carbon narrow bottom chassis, 2.25mm (lipo ready, also shorty) smaller then original, including balancing holes.
New carbon Top deck(2.25 and 1,6 version), smaller like evo 6 (more space for lipo)
New floating servo-mount to fit the narrow chassis.
New carbon top-steering brace (to adjust steering-control)
New carbon rear low-schock-tower, to fit the new low profile shocks
New carbon front low-schock-tower, to fit the new low profile shocks

All the parts are working great on the car, first race with the car i could TQ the stock (17.5) class and take the win in all triple A-mains.

If there are some people who are interested in these parts please let me know.

Best regards, Eric
Bresser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:55 AM   #834
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bresser1 View Post
Hello Evo drivers/owners.

I know it's a evo 6 thread, but if the are some evo iv owners i have some info:

I just finished a nice evo iv project to update the car to a nowadays compatible car.

First update:
- Complete 418 suspension and steering blocks.
- Gear diff in the rear
- TB-04 Spool in the front
- New gears from tb04/evo 6 in the complete car

Second update:
New carbon narrow bottom chassis, 2.25mm (lipo ready, also shorty) smaller then original, including balancing holes.
New carbon Top deck(2.25 and 1,6 version), smaller like evo 6 (more space for lipo)
New floating servo-mount to fit the narrow chassis.
New carbon top-steering brace (to adjust steering-control)
New carbon rear low-schock-tower, to fit the new low profile shocks
New carbon front low-schock-tower, to fit the new low profile shocks

All the parts are working great on the car, first race with the car i could TQ the stock (17.5) class and take the win in all triple A-mains.

If there are some people who are interested in these parts please let me know.

Best regards, Eric
Info here, and part 2 to come soon

http://www.thercracer.com/2014/07/ta...on-part-1.html
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 02:46 PM   #835
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 203
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

EVO 6 for sale !!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/13712055-post9327.html
__________________
Xray T4 2017
Awesomatix A700 L2
Yokomo BD7 2015 Spice FWD
12th scale Roche 2016
Quinny45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #836
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny45 View Post
Sold!
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:27 PM   #837
Tech Fanatic
 
vivo quevas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central, Ca.
Posts: 999
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Hi All,
Anyone running 21.5 with the stock drivetrain? I'm getting the TB04 and wondering where I should start with a pinion spur combo. I'm going with 64P. Assuming a spur in the 70 something range?

Thanks
IMHO I would use a 72t rw racing gear with a 52t pinion it is what I use in my TB04 and my EVO6. I racing USGT almost ever week week with 21.5 motors on a medium size painted asphalt track. I started out with a 75t but the 72t made my car competitive!
__________________
Tamiya/Exotek EXO6 USGT, Tamiya TB03 GT3, Exotek FR1V2
Roche Rapid 1/12, XRay Speed Merchant WGT
http://localrcracing.freeforums.org/
HobbyTown Fresno, Ca. McAllister Racing, Visa/MasterCard's
"Take an early lead and extend it".(Fast Eddie Janis)
vivo quevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:41 AM   #838
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,127
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

TAMIYA FEB 2015 had a new Black Edition release !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:45 AM   #839
Tech Master
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,010
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
IMHO I would use a 72t rw racing gear with a 52t pinion it is what I use in my TB04 and my EVO6. I racing USGT almost ever week week with 21.5 motors on a medium size painted asphalt track. I started out with a 75t but the 72t made my car competitive!
Thanks for the information.
__________________
At The Gate Bizzos
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:17 AM   #840
Tech Fanatic
 
vivo quevas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central, Ca.
Posts: 999
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
Sold!
Carlton how many EVO6 are you going to buy? By my count that's 3 or is 4. Would you sell me the aluminum shock mounts and a rear shock mount.
__________________
Tamiya/Exotek EXO6 USGT, Tamiya TB03 GT3, Exotek FR1V2
Roche Rapid 1/12, XRay Speed Merchant WGT
http://localrcracing.freeforums.org/
HobbyTown Fresno, Ca. McAllister Racing, Visa/MasterCard's
"Take an early lead and extend it".(Fast Eddie Janis)

Last edited by vivo quevas; 12-17-2014 at 10:30 AM.
vivo quevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0