Like Tree161Likes

Tamiya TB Evo 6

Old 09-02-2014, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
I scaled my evo6. Its total weight is 1369g ready to run, all steel screws, 321 gram R1wurks battery.

The battery side is light by 15 grams, especially on the RF. GUESS WHERE the weight is going?
Alright Ce dizzle I set ride hieght then scaled my car with 61 grams on right rear of the chassis I also have the battery slid back to even with the motor. The right rear is is 4 grams lighter then the left rear. The left front is 10 grams lighter then the right front. When I put the body on if I put a plastic body washer on the right rear body post the front end is close to balanced. Should I leave the body spacer in or add weight to the left front, the only spot in that area is in front of the servo. This is in GT where the minimum weight is 1450 adding that 5 grams to the left front will make the cars 7 grams over the minimum weight.
Wondering when you are coming out to race again?

Last edited by vivo quevas; 09-03-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Wondering when you are coming out to race again?
Still Nursing a bad racing hangover. At least I think that what it is. Bad enough I didn't go Saturday after packing my truck up because my disposition was so raw, bad enough I'm writing this from bed at 5:50pm and expecting to be asleep for the evening in a couple of minutes.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by CraigMBA; 09-02-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Selling my new in box evo6. Cheap!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...b-evo-6-a.html

Last edited by Dusttt; 09-02-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Have a race weekend behind me, with rain and cold.
Had no chance with my EVO 6 and was last.

Drive only my TRF and use the EVO as spare parts and hope for a EVO 6 MS.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I'm loving my evo6, I think it was better out of the box than my 418.. Of course they both need a proper dialing in though. I was able to get it at a good price not $600 like some places. Was about $340 plus $40 shipping from Asia.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Simmi

What was wrong with the EVO?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lagcisco
I'm loving my evo6, I think it was better out of the box than my 418.. Of course they both need a proper dialing in though. I was able to get it at a good price not $600 like some places. Was about $340 plus $40 shipping from Asia.
Can you give us some more detail? Track? Class? Tires used? What did you find problematic and how you addressed it?
Old 09-03-2014, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Simmi what happened? I have the same set up you run and my car is fast handles great. You had no chance with the yours? The EVO is a the best car I have driven since I started racing TC again after a 10 year layoff.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

I have a 418 and my EVO works better.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Are any of you guys using anything in front of the battery to prevent it from moving during paint trading sessions? It seems like having something to stop the battery from moving forward on impact would help the battery tape do its job. I've seen a picture or two of someone using some sort of plastic shock screwed through the chassis hole in front of the battery, pointed with the flat side toward the battery. Any other creative solutions?
Old 09-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
With scales.

Why would you lock out the spring preload? The whole reason to corner weight the car is to set the preload!

I set the car up where it's ready to run, set the ride height, and then weigh it. You can see where the light corner is. In the evo6, it's actually the LR that's heavy. Since I can't get weight out of the LR, I add some back to the RF (because the car is underweight as it is).

For users that have no idea what I'm doing, read
this.
Instead of adding weight, wouldn't it also be as effective if you simply adjust the spring preload? I have a corner balancing scale and this is what I do. I don't add weights.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theclutch
Instead of adding weight, wouldn't it also be as effective if you simply adjust the spring preload? I have a corner balancing scale and this is what I do. I don't add weights.
Doing this would raise your ride height. That would effect your cars handling more then adding weight would?
Old 09-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theclutch
Yes, but the ride heights aren't the same l/r anymore. That is a problem if you are trying to get to minimum ride height, and if you want the spring preload to be similar l/r.

If your track doesn't check ride height, it's not a big deal. At a big race where they check ride height every round, on carpet, when the grip comes up, and cars start to traction roll, it's a really big deal.

Mind you, my car is underweight. I must add ballast somewhere.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
Are any of you guys using anything in front of the battery to prevent it from moving during paint trading sessions? It seems like having something to stop the battery from moving forward on impact would help the battery tape do its job. I've seen a picture or two of someone using some sort of plastic shock screwed through the chassis hole in front of the battery, pointed with the flat side toward the battery. Any other creative solutions?
A little piece of poster tack in the front and the back of the pack will hold your pack in place no problem. Totally re-usable unlike double sided tape, and since its so pliable, if you have a slightly puffed pack it will take the "rock" out and let it sit flat.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
A little piece of poster tack in the front and the back of the pack will hold your pack in place no problem. Totally re-usable unlike double sided tape, and since its so pliable, if you have a slightly puffed pack it will take the "rock" out and let it sit flat.
Hrm, I haven't thought about that. Interesting idea. I was specifically referring to this picture in my previous post:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.