Like Tree161Likes

Tamiya TB Evo 6

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Simmi
Here it is my finished EVO 6 and my first Setup Sheet and Outdoor run

Simmi i checked out your set up on Petit RC. What was your reasoning in using HPI blue springs. Instead of the silvers in that most guys run on their 418. I ran my EVO 6 with silver HPI springs and it handled good I thought. I have was wondering what the difference was? I will try some blues this week.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Vivo, I will post some new Sheet after my first race in two weeks.First the EVO must be a whole day reliably.
On Petit RC I see a second Sheet and I don`t know from where it Comes

You should use in the rear C und C Blocks because the car drives very fast in corners and out of the corners. I use at my TRF 418 C and D in the rear. 2 Camber around very stabil and smooth driving. Front C and B Blocks.

Only reason why I use Blue Springs? My TRF like the Silvers too
The Blues just a bit softer and also good onroad.

Last time I had problems with the Bevel Gears in the Front Spool. Shit shiming in the manual.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

First the EVO must be a whole day reliably.

Last time I had problems with the Bevel Gears in the Front Spool. Shit shiming in the manual.
Can you elaborate on this? What did you do instead? Anything we should watch out for or double check?
Old 08-22-2014, 04:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

We just got new EVO6 parts today at TQ.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/parts...arts_p_id=8033

FYI, Thanks.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi Vivo, I will post some new Sheet after my first race in two weeks.First the EVO must be a whole day reliably.
On Petit RC I see a second Sheet and I don`t know from where it Comes

You should use in the rear C und C Blocks because the car drives very fast in corners and out of the corners. I use at my TRF 418 C and D in the rear. 2 Camber around very stabil and smooth driving. Front C and B Blocks.

Only reason why I use Blue Springs? My TRF like the Silvers too
The Blues just a bit softer and also good onroad.

Simmi I raced my EVO 6 last weekend it turned faster laps then my 418 in USGT and was 3 seconds from turning 22 laps which is the USGT lap record only one driver has hit that and he had a perfect race. My race a little tougher we had a mixed field we didn't have enough experts to have our on race so we had 5 drivers that are unpredictable.
My car received extra tech inspection to make sure it was in blinky. The car turn consistent laps almost a within .5 second . EVO 6 is a fast car!
I have one more question what is the reason you are running .5mm shims under the suspension blocks. Most of the 418 set ups I see on Petit RC they are running no spacers under the blocks,I at my EVO up that way.I was wondering if you know the difference?
Old 08-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

One possibility if for higher roll center, hence less roll.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niznai
One possibility if for higher roll center, hence less roll.
Actually, removing spacers lowers the blocks and so lower the arms, which lowers the roll center. That makes the car roll more and produce more grip, but makes it a little lazier.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Read the question again.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

So I just got word that Exotek is working on a longitudinal motor conversion for the EVO.6, should be nice.

Now if someone can step up to make us some aluminum bulkheads.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by metalnut
Can you elaborate on this? What did you do instead? Anything we should watch out for or double check?
I used 0.1 or 0.2 mm more, do not remember exactly. But holds up now. Tomorrow I test the whole day the stability.

Had luck, almost milled the front gears
Old 08-22-2014, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

@Vivo

Yes, the EVO is a very fast car that`s why I didn`t sell it

I had much Problems with the shiming all the time.
0, 5 shiming under the front Suspension Blocks? I wonder
Old 08-23-2014, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

A few pages ago I mentioned that Kimbrough spurs work but come very, very close to the motor mount. So much so that you have to shim them away so they don't rub. Well, instead, I've now installed an ARC spur, namely the 74T: http://www.arc-rc.com.tw/products_spare4080.html

The ARC spurs are gorgeous, CNC machined, and very thin. Honestly, these are the nicest spurs I've ever seen, right up there with the Xray. At 74T, it will give me plenty of gearing options for VTA.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Metal, thanks for sharing that spur link. I need a VTA spur as well. Fits perfectly?
Old 08-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys, not sure if it was me suffering from this problem only. I raced my Evo 6 at 13.5T boost class in my local club. I've raced for 3 club meetings and "lucky" enough to have the bevel gears in the gear boxes milled by all 3 race days. Whenever the new bevel gear was reinstalled, I had checked the drive chain and it was free to a satisfactory level.

Now I'm thinking of switching to Evo 5 bevel gears (as mentioned above). May I ask if the modification work being difficult or not? Any advice for me about the modification work then? Very much thanks for your kind input!!
Old 08-23-2014, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mitamiya
Metal, thanks for sharing that spur link. I need a VTA spur as well. Fits perfectly?
A somewhat tight but in my opinion perfect fit, yes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.