R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #226
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

The set sheet doesn't have a "spot" to capture droop - or am I blind?
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #227
Tech Master
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,398
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Is that what they refer to as "Rebound Stroke"?
__________________
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #228
Tech Elite
 
2-Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
Is that what they refer to as "Rebound Stroke"?
No I don't think so... When you push the shock shaft all the way in and let go the shaft can then slowly slide back out. The measurement of how much the shaft slides out is "rebound stroke"
Generally referred to as zero rebound (doesn't slide back out at all), or 50% rebound (slides back out 6mm), etc....

Droop is the measurement of how much the suspension arms free hang when the chassis is sitting on Droop blocks (wheels off the ground).
__________________
Yokomo * G Force * Sanwa * SMC * ProSpec
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #229
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post
Is that what they refer to as "Rebound Stroke"?
Yes, it is.
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:17 AM   #230
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad View Post
No I don't think so... When you push the shock shaft all the way in and let go the shaft can then slowly slide back out. The measurement of how much the shaft slides out is "rebound stroke"
Generally referred to as zero rebound (doesn't slide back out at all), or 50% rebound (slides back out 6mm), etc....

Droop is the measurement of how much the suspension arms free hang when the chassis is sitting on Droop blocks (wheels off the ground).
Yep, but to be pedantic, the sheet usually refers to the down stop setting (which we TC guys usually call droop) although droop is actually the amount of movement a chassis has from rest until the tyres at that end of the car lift of the ground. But it's much easier with rubber TC racing to use the downstops as a base measurement as our tyres are a very similar size.

And the evo sheet seems to have forgot them although I am surePetitRC will add the field on their editable version. (Maybe Kentech's car is so new they hadn't finished printing the sheet
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:46 AM   #231
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigMBA View Post
Yes, it is.
I don't agree. Look at a 418 setting sheet in comparison. It shows both.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
And the evo sheet seems to have forgot them although I am surePetitRC will add the field on their editable version. (Maybe Kentech's car is so new they hadn't finished printing the sheet
That's what I wrote on his blog - printers forgot

I also find it odd now that the new sheets are showing droop measured from the pin centre, not under the arm. Bit dumb/confusing when every droop block and gauge set (including their own) is designed to measure under.
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:21 AM   #232
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: santa monica / manchester
Posts: 1,189
Default

The 417 sheets changed from under arms / hinge pin but the common language is still under arm as that's what most set-up stations (all) use.

The evo6 one might have dropped it again (the 416 never had it on the form) you just made a note in the memo section.
__________________
http://www.theRcRacer.com/

TRF419, TBEvo6, TT02, VDF, TRF501x, TRF201, TRF101, Mi5, X-Ray T4-13, BD7 2014, A700 Evo, WR-02G
Qatmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:34 AM   #233
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I've actually seen a 417 sheet with under for front and pin for rear! (Or vice versa)
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:28 AM   #234
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Looking at the parts list on Kentech's site http://data9.blog.de/media/767/7845767_f40697b9de_d.pdf

Some interesting observations (well, perhaps )

- included are metal gears in the diff (better than 418 gets!) and yet tamiya haven't bothered to include metal cross pins, but give you a complete set of GV parts just for the cross piece....
- different rate springs front and rear - heavy back end perhaps?
- same mistake as the 418 manual, it lists the suspension shafts as part number 53827. Bzzt, wrong. It's 53825. 53827 are roll bar rod stoppers. Proper train spotting that.
- gets the new 4deg hubs that clear DCJs properly. 418's deserve to have these. Probably will come with the X/Worlds Edition (pending if they win or not!)

Looking forward to Ken's build!
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:37 AM   #235
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 848
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Posted some pictures of parts + some comments.
Will soon start building the Evo 6.
I'll post more when built.

http://kentech.blogs.se/

__________________
kentech.wordpress.com

Last edited by kentech; 06-06-2014 at 01:02 PM.
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #236
Tech Elite
 
CraigMBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Valley of the Dirt, CA
Posts: 2,832
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplus View Post
I don't agree. Look at a 418 setting sheet in comparison. It shows both.
I'm inclined to think you are right, and I wasn't.

I assumed it was something lost in translation, but maybe it's so users can identify what length shocks (short or standard) are being used.
__________________
* Cee Lo Dizzle, the Secizzle * Red Bull * Team Homies * Pintura de Negro Mate * USVTA #152
CraigMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:52 PM   #237
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Nice detail photos as always Ken.
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #238
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 119
Default

Is there a official releasedate for the Evo yet?
__________________
<Awesomatix A700 EvoII><Highest><Sanwa><Muchmore><Fantom>
<Awesomatix A800a><Hitec><Sanwa><Muchmore><Fantom>
<VBC LightningF><Hitec><Sanwa><Muchmore><Skyrc>
<=Team Autopartner=>
Gillblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #239
Tech Adept
 
Clawhammers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 192
Default

28th June 2014 for Japan domestic market.

Source:
http://www.tamiya.com/japan/news/new...it=72#calendar
Clawhammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 AM   #240
Tech Fanatic
 
d16dcoe45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Armonk, NY
Posts: 932
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplus View Post
Looking at the parts list on Kentech's site http://data9.blog.de/media/767/7845767_f40697b9de_d.pdf

Some interesting observations (well, perhaps )

- included are metal gears in the diff (better than 418 gets!) and yet tamiya haven't bothered to include metal cross pins, but give you a complete set of GV parts just for the cross piece....
- different rate springs front and rear - heavy back end perhaps?
- same mistake as the 418 manual, it lists the suspension shafts as part number 53827. Bzzt, wrong. It's 53825. 53827 are roll bar rod stoppers. Proper train spotting that.
- gets the new 4deg hubs that clear DCJs properly. 418's deserve to have these. Probably will come with the X/Worlds Edition (pending if they win or not!)

Looking forward to Ken's build!
The steel diff gears are nice in that you don't have to sand them but they are quite a bit heavier. I had them and replaced them with stock plastic that I sanded down to equal the width of the steel gears. I also use the 1-piece plastic cross pin--even with 500k in front diff.

Rheinhard runs plastic--I assume for weight savings. If they hold together with a 4.5--they are great for me in 17.5. Never had a single issue with plastic gears.
__________________
Jay Lestingi


Tamiya/Team Associated/Orca
d16dcoe45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0