R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree11Likes

Old 11-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #2356
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Did you know the best time saving technique there is?

Just Block Bert.

I've already saved .9 seconds per thread by not being forced to read complete nonsense.
How can I block him? Tired of his infinite wisdom....
HornyToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:18 PM   #2357
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

It's under user settings I think.

On a different note. Had a pretty rough day with the EXO6 today in 17.5.

Spool screws backed out and striped out front ring and pinion gears.
Broke both front and rear upper gear boxes where the upper camber links attach. (Bad driving, but a weak point that I can't wait until it gets its own Exo treatment)
Stripped yet another 64p spur. Switched to 48p for the main. Thanks NutDriver for the parts. And finally broke a rear arm during the main. Oh and went through quite a few axle cups (the white c clips that go on end of axle and into the spool/diff). Do any other brands fiit, or is there a stronger alternative?

But on a good note, when the car wasn't falling apart from bad driving or just pain ol bad luck, it was handling pretty good. Unfortunately I don't have set up written down. But off top of my head...

Yok blue pink front, black rear springs. 35 associated front and 32.5 rear. 3k diff. C front blocks no spacers. Stock inner rear and d block rear. -2 camber. 3rd hole in upper camber front and rear. And 3-4mm of inner upper camber spacers. Car seams to like a very low roll center. Droop: 3front, 2 rear (I think). Upper shocks in the middle front and rear. Running Jacob blues on grey carpet.

Hope that helps
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:27 PM   #2358
Tech Adept

That's a lot of damage for one day... :/
I'm running xgear pink springs front/rear. These things are magic on the carpet.
On my Exo 5 with 419X shocks I've used RC monkey springs also pink front/rear.

And I always run the 48 pitch on the EVO's.

Funny enough my A700 EVO never stripped a gear, even with 4.5t motor in..
Tamiya TRF 419X / Tamiya TB EVO 5 Exotek v1 / Tamiya TB EVO 5 Raceberry Edition / Tamiya TB EXO 6 / Tamiya TB EXO 5 Raceberry Edition / Tamiya TA05 v2 Exotek / Tamiya FF04 EVO / Tamiya FF04 EVO Black Edition / Tamiya FF03 EVO / Spice Yokomo BD7 FF / VBC FF17 / Sabre FD Mini
vlad_sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:40 AM   #2359
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
It's under user settings I think.

On a different note. Had a pretty rough day with the EXO6 today in 17.5.

Spool screws backed out and striped out front ring and pinion gears.
Broke both front and rear upper gear boxes where the upper camber links attach. (Bad driving, but a weak point that I can't wait until it gets its own Exo treatment)
Stripped yet another 64p spur. Switched to 48p for the main. Thanks NutDriver for the parts. And finally broke a rear arm during the main. Oh and went through quite a few axle cups (the white c clips that go on end of axle and into the spool/diff). Do any other brands fiit, or is there a stronger alternative?

But on a good note, when the car wasn't falling apart from bad driving or just pain ol bad luck, it was handling pretty good. Unfortunately I don't have set up written down. But off top of my head...

Yok blue pink front, black rear springs. 35 associated front and 32.5 rear. 3k diff. C front blocks no spacers. Stock inner rear and d block rear. -2 camber. 3rd hole in upper camber front and rear. And 3-4mm of inner upper camber spacers. Car seams to like a very low roll center. Droop: 3front, 2 rear (I think). Upper shocks in the middle front and rear. Running Jacob blues on grey carpet.

Hope that helps
Ouch! Rough day indeed. Are the track barriers lumber?

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #2360
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_sa View Post
That's a lot of damage for one day... :/
I'm running xgear pink springs front/rear. These things are magic on the carpet.
On my Exo 5 with 419X shocks I've used RC monkey springs also pink front/rear.

And I always run the 48 pitch on the EVO's.

Funny enough my A700 EVO never stripped a gear, even with 4.5t motor in..
Knock on wood lol.
I ALWAYS see guys stripping 64 pitch no matter the chassis- sedan, F1, 17.5, mod Cars are too fast now for such petite gears I guess.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
Old 11-28-2016, 04:17 PM   #2361
Tech Elite

Outside barriers are lumber with zero giv as it is the exterior track barrier, and they are also the side I happen to slide into when I drift out too far in a corner. I realize that it's 98% my driving and 2% car parts. What is aggravating though are the axle blades that the spool keeps destroying almost every run. I would really like to find a more durable solution to those.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #2362
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Outside barriers are lumber with zero giv as it is the exterior track barrier, and they are also the side I happen to slide into when I drift out too far in a corner. I realize that it's 98% my driving and 2% car parts. What is aggravating though are the axle blades that the spool keeps destroying almost every run. I would really like to find a more durable solution to those.
Tamiya (19804512)

These stock Evo6 steel outdrives are a direct fit to the spool and do not require the plastic swing shaft cap.

From experience, the wear on the driveshaft pins is minimal, since the tolerance between the pins and gap is tight.

However, since they are steel, they are heavier than the lightweight offerings available. Stay away from using this part if your name begins with Bert.
B. Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:00 PM   #2363
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Best post yet ! LoL.... I got my steel free car almost done: I just need to get the tc7.1 shocks installed....
On a serious note though, 64p gears are good for company revenues more than anything else. 48p gears can handle HV(14.8volts) motors in a 1700+ gram touring car... I only use 48p in my cars, specially after seeing a few cars dnf because of stripped 64p spurs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Santos View Post
Tamiya (19804512)

These stock Evo6 steel outdrives are a direct fit to the spool and do not require the plastic swing shaft cap.

From experience, the wear on the driveshaft pins is minimal, since the tolerance between the pins and gap is tight.

However, since they are steel, they are heavier than the lightweight offerings available. Stay away from using this part if your name begins with Bert.
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:31 PM   #2364
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info Stratos, but right now I am running the Exo spool in the car. I never had a problem with the blades running the lightweight steel TA06 outdrives on the stock spool, and no problems on the diffs. But for some reason my 17.5 chews them up like dime store chewing gum. Also I only ran USGT and USVTA with the other spools.
Old 11-28-2016, 06:47 PM   #2365
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:10 AM   #2366
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just looking for a quick input. someone locally is selling a new awesomatix 700 evo that I have been wanting to try out, but it would require me to get rid of my evo 6 ms. Would do you think I can get for it? it's only been ran once and looks brand new, comes with both front and rear aluminum lower gear boxes, new aluminum chassis, carbon chassis (currently installed), exotek chubs, square ti/al screws.

thanks!
jessele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:16 AM   #2367
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessele View Post
just looking for a quick input. someone locally is selling a new awesomatix 700 evo that I have been wanting to try out, but it would require me to get rid of my evo 6 ms. Would do you think I can get for it? it's only been ran once and looks brand new, comes with both front and rear aluminum lower gear boxes, new aluminum chassis, carbon chassis (currently installed), exotek chubs, square ti/al screws.

thanks!
I could go $7 and a King size pack of Twizzlers!!

J/K! It's really what you want out of it. You do have some nice upgrades for it, too. Don't ask too little though - ask something substantial (still realizing it is a used RC car) but put o.b.o. so people can make offers. If I didn't have two already I would probably be interested. Good luck with it.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:05 AM   #2368
Tech Champion

Quote:
Tamiya (19804512)

Yeah, when ever a track is like BattleBots I drop in the steel spool as well. It's a quick and easy swap since mine's pre-built and shimmed.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:32 PM   #2369
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Second rear diff in as many races. Pinion strips... its a gear diff. Took extra care this time shimming it, but I need to learn to properly mesh the gears. Any tips on where should teeth meet? I am not sure if I need to move the pinion or the ring.
Will know if I did a better job this time on sunday...
HornyToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:08 AM   #2370
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was having similar struggles with gears on my TB04 (switched to a TA07 so now it's only a faint memory). I had the most success when I shimmed the diff all the way over (all shims on side opposite the bevel gear) and shimmed the pinion until the gear lash was eliminated at the tightest mesh. Although the pinion insertion was only a little bit more, it seemed to make a big difference in regards to shreading pinions.
Dyingslow is offline   Reply With Quote