R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree23Likes

Old 10-31-2016, 01:26 PM   #2311
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Congrats Mike. We never were formally introduced and didn't know who you were till after I got home. I was just hoping to grab a third spot that day but as luck would have it. It turned out much better. I miss my exo6 and I think the new flexy top deck is a huge improvement for asphalt. Your car was hooked up.
Ohhh hey Josh! Good meeting you too and double congrats to you!
You were on a tear and there was no holding you off
I emailed John after we spoke briefly and hopefully I'll be in better position for future races haha.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:51 PM   #2312
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Perfect upgrades.... Congrats, and I hope you the best luck out there...
I am hoping to be able to apply the same concept to my tc4....wish me luck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_sa View Post
Here is my Exo 5. Fantastic car! And with 419X shocks and raceberry low profile towers, low rider. Waiting on my raceberry chassis and top deck. Think we can slide the Exo 5 in EVO 6 thread

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 10-31-2016 at 04:45 PM.
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:07 PM   #2313
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Ohhh hey Josh! Good meeting you too and double congrats to you!
You were on a tear and there was no holding you off
I emailed John after we spoke briefly and hopefully I'll be in better position for future races haha.
Lol! I believe he got several orders after that day. Good meeting you and I'm looking forward to next year.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:03 AM   #2314
Tech Master

I want to know, in case using EXOSIX on tbevo6 to run on medium traction tight carpet track then run short lipo. Should i put lipo forward or backward?

Best regards
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:50 AM   #2315
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

You should of get a set of scales and glance the car. The exo chassis allows for lots of movement of the battery to do this. You migh also consider placing the ESC one the battery side tonjelpnwith balancing if using a shorty lipo.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:56 AM   #2316
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
First time back on the track in 4 months. Had a good time. But also has some issues... got rear ended while at a stop on the side of a slow part of the track to check some transmitter settings, and WHACK. Someone running a 17.5 found me like a heat sneaking missle at full throttle. Car landed on its wheels, so I drove it and it seemed fine. But... it also seemed really slow, and after a few laps I pulled it off. Motor was very warm. Warmer than it should be. Looked at the car car and the gear mess was too tight. Ahhh easy fix. Nope... that wasn't it. What the heck could be causing the drive train to be bound up. Checked the new evonspool that was a pain the shim. Spinning like it was on ice. Bent shaft... nope. As I get to the rear of the car to check the diff I find this...

Some how the whole rear input shaft/spur holder shifted back and got knocked out of the motor mount. Nothing else was wrong with the car. The lower chassis was just flexing down. Glad it wasn't an aluminum chassis. Would be FUBAR. So a V2 motor mount in the works with more bearing surface area?

Also in my 17.5, I striped my plastic diff internals, and luckily had the metal ones for a quick trackside rebuild. But in order to get it to operate freely, I had to loosen the screws a bit. And of course the fluid slung out. How are you guys building the diffs with the metal gears properly?

Also a starting 17.5 (Grey) carpet setup would be awesome. I was fighting mine all day trying to move it from USGT. The rear tires might have been drift tires. I was running jaco blues like everyone else
Hmm that's interesting that fluid was being slung out. I was able to loosen mine and nothing came out. Are you using green slime around the holes and on the top ridge of the gear diff housing? Basically it creates a seal without the need to tighten down the ends.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #2317
Tech Adept

Default EXO 6 For Sale

I will post pics tomorrow but I wanted to get this out there while I have a few minutes.

I have multiple Exo 6 chassis so I am going to part ways with my "Blue" one (but keep the Black edition!) So....Up for sale she goes!

I finished 2nd in the 2016 USVTA national points series with this chassis exactly as it sits. It is in very nice condition with very minimal scratches to the chassis. It has only run indoor carpet and I tend to run very clean so crashes are few and far between.

This car originally started life as a TB04 Pro and now is a roller and comes with the Exotek conversion (I do not have the original chassis) an ewhippler carbon center shaft, aluminum pilot shaft, front spool, front diff, and rear ball diff, 418 style anti-roll bars and 418 style front suspension arms. The rear suspension is an ARTS from VBC that bolts directly on the chassis nice and clean but I can remove and return to stock configuration if desired. I also have various blue Tamiya suspension mounts that I will include as well. The only aspect to the chassis that I have not liked is the slop in the front C-hubs. They are stock Tamiya (NOT the nice new Exotek ones) so the stock slop is present.

If you are interested, shoot me a reasonable offer as I'm not really sure where to start with an asking price.

Pics coming soon.

Last edited by RollingChicane2; 11-03-2016 at 01:13 PM.
RollingChicane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:53 PM   #2318
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubs View Post
Hmm that's interesting that fluid was being slung out. I was able to loosen mine and nothing came out. Are you using green slime around the holes and on the top ridge of the gear diff housing? Basically it creates a seal without the need to tighten down the ends.
I do not, but I haven't had to before. The diff is fine in the other car. This one is just very tight. It's almost as if the gears are too big.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:16 AM   #2319
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingChicane2 View Post
I will post pics tomorrow but I wanted to get this out there while I have a few minutes.

I have multiple Exo 6 chassis so I am going to part ways with my "Blue" one (but keep the Black edition!) So....Up for sale she goes!

I finished 2nd in the 2016 USVTA national points series with this chassis exactly as it sits. It is in very nice condition with very minimal scratches to the chassis. It has only run indoor carpet and I tend to run very clean so crashes are few and far between.

This car originally started life as a TB04 Pro and now is a roller and comes with the Exotek conversion (I do not have the original chassis) an ewhippler carbon center shaft, aluminum pilot shaft, front spool, front diff, and rear ball diff, 418 style anti-roll bars and 418 style front suspension arms. The rear suspension is an ARTS from VBC that bolts directly on the chassis nice and clean but I can remove and return to stock configuration if desired. I also have various blue Tamiya suspension mounts that I will include as well. The only aspect to the chassis that I have not liked is the slop in the front C-hubs. They are stock Tamiya (NOT the nice new Exotek ones) so the stock slop is present.

If you are interested, shoot me a reasonable offer as I'm not really sure where to start with an asking price.

Pics coming soon.
Hopefully if I did this right, pics will be attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TB Evo 6-img_5729.jpg   Tamiya TB Evo 6-img_5730.jpg   Tamiya TB Evo 6-img_5731.jpg   Tamiya TB Evo 6-img_5732.jpg   Tamiya TB Evo 6-img_5733.jpg  

Old 11-04-2016, 05:17 AM   #2320
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hopefully if I did this right, pics will be attached.
Couple more pics.

I would like to hear from those of you who have sold Exo 6's as to what a fair price would be for the rolling chassis. Is $300 plus shipping reasonable, too low, too high? Any feedback is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TB Evo 6-img_5734.jpg   Tamiya TB Evo 6-img_5735.jpg   Tamiya TB Evo 6-img_5736.jpg  
Old 11-04-2016, 07:35 AM   #2321
Tech Addict

Quote:
Couple more pics.

I would like to hear from those of you who have sold Exo 6's as to what a fair price would be for the rolling chassis. Is $300 plus shipping reasonable, too low, too high? Any feedback is appreciated.
I would start a little higher. If someone wanted to buy a brand new Evo with the conversion it would cost them no less than $380 for the Evo 6 MS, and another $150 for the conversion. Maybe start at like $375 or $400 and see if you get a buyer.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:16 AM   #2322
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubs View Post
I would start a little higher. If someone wanted to buy a brand new Evo with the conversion it would cost them no less than $380 for the Evo 6 MS, and another $150 for the conversion. Maybe start at like $375 or $400 and see if you get a buyer.
Thanks to everyone that has responded to me via PM as well as the post above.

I did forget to mention in the original post that the car does have DCJ's (thank you Professor for mentioning that). I also have lightweight outdrives for the front diff and the ball diff is NIP. I also have various gears, etc. that I will include. The rear axles are light weight aluminum also.

The ARTS is from VBC and cost $74 but is one of the key features that made this car killer for me in VTA. I could make static toe adjustments with the turn of a wrench and then by adding or removing spacers it would dynamically change the toe. The corner speed of this car was incredible on tight tracks.

Based off of others feedback, I think $275 - $300 would be a reasonable range not including shipping so if anyone is interested, let me know!
Old 11-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #2323
Tech Elite

You really think the ARS was that big an improvement over static toe? On a larger track I think it might be helpful but on smaller carpet tracks I have seen most people that run other chassis remove imthe ARS
Old 11-04-2016, 08:51 AM   #2324
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
You really think the ARS was that big an improvement over static toe? On a larger track I think it might be helpful but on smaller carpet tracks I have seen most people that run other chassis remove imthe ARS
Absolutely! The tighter the track, the more advantageous it was for me from what I experienced. I could set the car for 2.0 static toe and then dynamically back it to 0 in the turns. The car rotated incredible. It was also a great tuning aid to compensate for the huge gain in grip as the VTA tires wore down.

In all fairness, I have no idea how this would feel on a 17.5 car with tires that you can dial in based on tire/insert combinations.

I wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if someone DIDN'T want to buy the car with the ARTS and wanted standard rear suspension as I would gladly put it on my Black Edition car which is currently my back up USGT car for the current points season.

Last edited by RollingChicane2; 11-04-2016 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Because I can't seem to spell today.....
RollingChicane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:15 AM   #2325
Tech Elite

Interesting. I really would have thought you would want less static toe and have it gain two in the turns/squatting under accentuation.