Tamiya TB Evo 6

You're on Page 11 of 171
Go to
  • Shame the motor isn't inline! Motor sticks out a mile (old skool)

    Any info of it's internal ratio?
  • Quote: Shame the motor isn't inline! Motor sticks out a mile (old skool)

    Any info of it's internal ratio?
    The internal ratio is 2.5 :1
  • Evo 6
    Not to sure about having exposed gears might only be a problem if you run on an unprepared outdoor track.Will have to get one to make evo 5 ms jealous
  • hmm
  • Car looks really nice, but wow that motor is out there flapping in the wind.

  • Quote: Car looks really nice, but wow that motor is out there flapping in the wind.
    It really is...But like Todd said a couple pages back...maybe this isn't so bad given the weight of newer high MAH packs? Centralized mass be damned?
  • Quote: The internal ratio is 2.5 :1
    If that's true it's going to be tough to get some gear ratio's for some spec classes on big tracks....
  • Yummy - the only way to describe those shock towers and extended aluminum mounts. My TB418EVO plans just got better. No more stacking shims and spacing the shocks out 5-6mm just to maintain geometry on the TB-03.
  • Here is to hoping that Mike from Exotek will make an inline conversion. **wink wink**
  • Quote: Car looks really nice, but wow that motor is out there flapping in the wind.

    Must have!!

    Anyone know if this will share suspension plastics with the TB04 that is coming out? This car sounds like it is using 418 parts but I couldn't find anything saying what the new TB04 is using.
  • This car is a must have. Where to pre-order?
  • A newly designed, modern shaft-driven car that can be bought for less than $900 ? I'm alright with that. Liking what I see thus far, motor protrusion aside.
  • The servo is also pushed out a bit more than it needs to be. Since they designed a new mount for this chassis anyway, why not design one that wraps around the back? It could bring mounting tabs under the shaft if you cut the upper ear off. Similar to how the pro 4 servo is mounted.
  • Quote: The servo is also pushed out a bit more than it needs to be. Since they designed a new mount for this chassis anyway, why not design one that wraps around the back? It could bring mounting tabs under the shaft if you cut the upper ear off. Similar to how the pro 4 servo is mounted.
    True, but with the Tamiya it looks as though there is little chance of any servo/steering part making contact with the center shaft. Something I've seen on the Pro4 (visible etching on the shaft). I'm not jumping on a pre-order but will certainly follow the progress of the initial release to see what the feedback is like. I think these shaft cars work pretty well for VTA which is certainly my main interest.