Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Usgt beginner needs help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default Usgt beginner needs help

Hi I am just getting into racing inroad and have bought myself a shumacher mi1 v2 to race in the locally growing usgt class. I have set the car up to specification so far with the exception of the wheels and body which I do not have yet. I am a huge porsche fan and love watching the real things on TV and I think it would be cool to have a 911 usgt car. Since the shuey is a 190mm car will I have to get the 190mm porsche turbo body made by hpi or will a 200mm body fit?? If so what rims will fill the wheel wells and still use the usgt spec tires??
Thanks,
Chris
Old 04-06-2014, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

To answer one of your questions a 200mm is fine. In fact most bodies are 200mm, you run spacers to get the wheels to fill up the wheel opening. But you dont have too. As for what rims fit most guys are using 24mm but some still use 26mm. The jury is still out on performance. But I think you woukd be better suited to read the USGT thread. There are plenty of people who can help on there. Plus alot of info that if you read it, just might answer other questions you might have.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sc10pc
Hi I am just getting into racing inroad and have bought myself a shumacher mi1 v2 to race in the locally growing usgt class. I have set the car up to specification so far with the exception of the wheels and body which I do not have yet. I am a huge porsche fan and love watching the real things on TV and I think it would be cool to have a 911 usgt car. Since the shuey is a 190mm car will I have to get the 190mm porsche turbo body made by hpi or will a 200mm body fit?? If so what rims will fill the wheel wells and still use the usgt spec tires??
Thanks,
Chris
You can use the 200mm body but you will need to get some offset wheels to make up the gap. Hpi makes several wheels with +3, +6 mm offsets. I used the +6 in the rear and the +3 in the front of my porsche. Here's a pic. Or if you get 0 offset you can get new wheel hex's that are wider to take up some space. Integy and several others make hexes that have an additional 2 or 3 mm.
Attached Thumbnails Usgt beginner needs help-image.jpg  
Old 04-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Ok awesome do you have a link for wider hexes? And I'll for sure check out the usgt thread, I haven't found it yet haha.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Ok awesome do you have a link for wider hexes? And I'll for sure check out the usgt thread, I haven't found it yet haha.
Hi, TQ Racing has all the hexes in different MM. Regards
Norman2
Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Here's a link to the USGT thread.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...1122-usgt.html

Here's a link to the wheel hexes.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...13&s_maker_id=
Old 02-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

if you decide to go with shims or wider hexex,,, make sure you have enough tread lest to wold your Wheel on...