Search

looking for my next Touring car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Pickup whichever car your heart is set on

There is no difference whatsoever between the pace of all the cars you listed in your OP

You are always going to wish you bought that ONE car no matter what car you end up with

The only thing that sets one car apart from another, aside from quality/craftsmanship, is driving, & setup, same as it ever was, and always will be

The grass is always greener in RC
Old 04-04-2014, 01:04 AM
Tech Champion

The Xray T4 is a very strong car, I am very happy with the progress I have made with mine since I've had it and know the car isn't holding me back now, it's the setup and my ability!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
The only thing that sets one car apart from another, aside from quality/craftsmanship, is driving, & setup, same as it ever was, and always will be

And the color... don't forget the color!
Old 04-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Color...lol...
Old 04-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Has anyone driven a 417v5 or a smokem 417v7 got a offer from a friend to buy either!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eivind E
maybe you'd want to read the threads on each individual product you are considering purchasing, as most of them will have 100's and 100's of posts, covering most any topic. This would then give you a good idea of which flaws the design&manufacture might have, and how likely it is to suit you.

Starting one of these "what should I buy"/"look at me" threads almost always seems to end with the thread starter completely disregarding any advice given and purchasing what he had his mind set on.

Therefore I can't be bothered posting a summary of what I've already read on these forums, as it took me quite some time and I'm sure you'd just completely disregard it anyway.
This should be Stickied.
A valid and good point.
i find most people just do not like to search and read
i would have never entered this section but lookn' for a future build.
i will keep readn' now

P.S. VBC is easy as 123, JMO
CRC has been great to me and the machine.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Im really liking the TCXX but why aren't more people running that car. I really want to take my racing serious so i want a car I can tune endlessly
Old 04-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer034life
Im really liking the TCXX but why aren't more people running that car. I really want to take my racing serious so i want a car I can tune endlessly
I'm still happy with my hotbodies car. I don't feel the need for something new for the moment. There's still many option parts and I have spares from when I was running pro4, tc, tcx, and now xx
Old 04-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I'm really enjoying my Schumacher mi5 I have had so many different cars lately and this one is a car I really enjoy working on. Ease of maintenance i s something I look at nowadays as all cars are good and I feel with that in mind you can't beat the mi5. Take a look at one they have them at discountrcstore.com. and its by far the beat looking belt car out right now.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Over the years I have built TL01's - TA05's - 416WE's - Pro 4's - Cyclone - TCX - M03 - M05 - Photon EX's.

I have just built a D06 which I have found the quality the best I have ever built as in style, very little shimming required compared to others and the kit comes with 3 mm shims all sizes no extra's really required, except for the arms and usual spares for breakages.

I have heard good things about the ARC - Team C, the thing with Xray good car but when you make a change sometimes you can not see a difference, as for the BD7 guys I know who are fanatics have said the quality is not the same one actually got tie rods in the kit with threads on only one end, and they had to buy as they said go fast bits.

It is always a hard decision but what has been said is something to think about, what is raced at the track you are racing at so if you break something and you don't have someone might have a spare to lend you and you replace it and how fast you can get spares.

Goodluck on your decision.

Noel
Old 04-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a local hobby shop that can get parts for almost and tc. I really want a tc thats going to take the stress of a new racer. I can make time but i want something i can bang a beat up if it happens
Old 04-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Richards Racing
Over the years I have built TL01's - TA05's - 416WE's - Pro 4's - Cyclone - TCX - M03 - M05 - Photon EX's.

I have just built a D06 which I have found the quality the best I have ever built as in style, very little shimming required compared to others and the kit comes with 3 mm shims all sizes no extra's really required, except for the arms and usual spares for breakages.

I have heard good things about the ARC - Team C, the thing with Xray good car but when you make a change sometimes you can not see a difference, as for the BD7 guys I know who are fanatics have said the quality is not the same one actually got tie rods in the kit with threads on only one end, and they had to buy as they said go fast bits.

It is always a hard decision but what has been said is something to think about, what is raced at the track you are racing at so if you break something and you don't have someone might have a spare to lend you and you replace it and how fast you can get spares.

Goodluck on your decision.

Noel
You need an xray to real see quality!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew S
I race with 1 off the Xray sponsored drivers in Sydney and others in our club and also know the importer so I know the quality which is 2nd to none and everyone tries to reach and I said I believe it equals it if not even a better in look & finish and reading the forum quality as well, from those who have raced Xrays and swapped over.

Noel
Old 04-10-2014, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew S
I personally think the quality of a VBC car is pretty darn close to an xray. VBC is one of the few cars that doesn't require a ton of shimming everywhere.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Lol, I was just pumping some o2 in there!
I know the vbc's as well, you can't go wrong!
Just that I drive xray ya know!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.