Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR removed Trinity Epic D3.5 13.5 and 17.5 from ROAR motor list

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott_g
Not if the reason ROAR have dropped the D3.5 is that it doesn't meet the specs that every other 13.5 motor has to meet. Then it's unfair to everybody else to give it special approval.
That is true however at this point the only motor deemed to be illegal with evidence provided was the D3.5 17.5T.

The information provided after the settlement was only the D3.5 17.5T motor that was to be removed from the approved list.

The D3.5 13.5T might be illegal but at this time the only evidence for the removal from the approved list is because ROAR can as said by Defcon.
Many retailers have stock many races use the D3.5 13.5T and they will be left with a worthless paper weight.

If you remember the poop storm roar created with ROARs stuff up of removing the 17.5T without consultation or a phase out period, exactly the same will take place again over the 13.5T.

The D3.5 13.5T might be illegal in which case it was incorrectly approved and should be banned. But it should be banned by being phased out ie clear concise public announcement and a clear (reasonable) time period.

Last edited by Matt M.; 04-02-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cplus
How do you gather that?

If it's not legal, it would be that it doesn't meet spec and vis a vis you're gaining unfair advantage over your competitors and have been for some time now (however it was inadvertently previously) - and if you think it does meet spec, pull it apart and prove it.

If you raced against me I'd be upset about it for sure if we were racing under ROAR rules. And if not, well then I should be allowed to pull out another outlaw motor, like a Vulcan outlaw or something to bring it to a level playing field.
I don't use a D3.5, as per my other post ROAR needs to provide evidence that thw motor doesn't meet spec and a reasonable phase out period.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Do you guys get to vote on decisions made seems kinda disrespectful they take it on themselves to make the rules without consulting the very ones that are keeping it alive.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evochick
The problem with this statement is Kid tt-01 is the fastest out there, he's the guy we are chasing, and one of the best stock drivers in our country.

trust me not all motors work at this track. But the 13.5 D3.5 does really well.

What a gorgeous track!

On the note to him being the fastest when he switch motors and still come on up on top it wouldn't matter. Statement isn't directed towards anyone I'm just saying that I'm sure he isn't the only person running a 13.5 d3.5 that's all. But yea that's a awesome track.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frozenpod
That is true however at this point the only motor deemed to be illegal with evidence provided was the D3.5 17.5T.

The information provided after the settlement was only the D3.5 17.5T motor that was to be removed from the approved list.

The D3.5 13.5T might be illegal but at this time the only evidence for the removal from the approved list is because ROAR can as said by Defcon.
Many retailers have stock many races use the D3.5 13.5T and they will be left with a worthless paper weight.

If you remember the poop storm roar created with ROARs stuff up of removing the 17.5T without consultation or a phase out period, exactly the same will take place again over the 13.5T.

The D3.5 13.5T might be illegal in which case it was incorrectly approved and should be banned. But it should be banned by being phased out ie clear concise public announcement and a clear (reasonable) time period.
So do you think ROAR would do it all over again, inviting a second lawsuit? That sure doesn't make sense.
So what alternate explanation might there be?

Last edited by Matt M.; 04-02-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
@ Oddin554, Its also not a matter of my club changing rules, Our club runs under AARMCC which is the Australian governing body who happens to follow Roar rules for motor approval.
Perhaps someone needs to propose that the AARMCC start following another blocks approval's
Old 04-02-2014, 06:22 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frozenpod

ROAR didnt jsut decide to pull the 13.5 off the list as well. There are reasons that it was never publicized due to the wording in the lawsuit agreement. There is not much else I can say other than it was done the way it was done due to legal disclosure matters within the lawsuit.

EA

Last edited by Matt M.; 04-02-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I found a video response from roar's officials Click Here
Old 04-02-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Motors on ROAR's approved 13.5 motor list are legal.
Dollars to doughnuts Rick knew about this when asked if the D3.5 13.5 would be legal for the Reedy Race.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta04evah
The bone of contention here is the surprise pulling of the 13.5 D3.5 off the ROAR list, most people already knew about the 17.5 being pulled and were ready for it and sourced a different motor.

There was no statement from either Trinity or ROAR that the 13.5 was going to be pulled of the list in the lead up to this decision. In Australia the "stock" class here is 13.5 blinky, and quite understandably there is going to be a significant amount of drivers that will be very unhappy with this surprise & unannounced decision.
One can only hope that a degree of common sense prevails within the governing body of rc racing in Australia, that continues to allow the 13.5 motor to be used at state & national competitions, considering the amount invested into these motors by many drivers in our country.

Cheers
Rob.
To be blunt you are piggybacking off ROARs approval process letting ROAR do all the work. If you feel that the 13.5 d3.5 should be allowed you guys are perfectly welcome to do as you wish.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

What's with all the drama here, there are many "Outlaw Motors" to choose from which include the D35 series (arguably, what should have been for some time now),
Unless your track is in the USA, racing under ROAR rules, does this really matter ?

EA has pointed out that several parties, and the defendant (that's us racers btw, by proxy of being a part of the roar membership) have agreed to this
Old 04-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Consumer was aware of the 17.5t ban... Whats' done is done. If the it was known that the 13.5t was going to be banned, and the consumer was not notified. Shame on both parties.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
What's with all the drama here, there are many "Outlaw Motors" to choose from which include the D35 series (arguably, what should have been for some time now),
Unless your track is in the USA, racing under ROAR rules, does this really matter ?

EA has pointed out that several parties, and the defendant (that's us racers btw, by proxy of being a part of the roar membership) have agreed to this
+1
Old 04-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bring back Modified as the "premier" class and never worry about this issue again
Old 04-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Man I wish this was pirate or RCC. But considering it isnt i'll not state my opinion. However My track doesnt use roar rules so anyone who wants to unload their d3.5s hit me up i'll take them off your hands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.