Wiki Posts
Search

Please help, 40mhz FM in 29Mhz FM tx/rx

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Please help, 40mhz FM in 29Mhz FM tx/rx

I currently have a 40mhz fm Mars radio (not mars R). I have had it a while and feel the need to upgrade. I like the look and feel of the Futaba 3pk, and like the idea of HRS's high speed response. However, the only 3pk' you can get in Australia without bringing them in yourself are 29mhz FM. My theory is, they are both on the FM band, it's just the frequency that is different. And the frequency is controlled by the crystal, so I can just put 40mhz crystals in it and everything will be fine, as I have read k.o and futaba crystals are compatible. Does anyone know wether this is true or not before I commit, I can afford the tx, but not to replace all my recievers and crystals with 29mhz. Please help me!!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

your theory is flawed. They make different frequencies for a reason. The reason is so they do not cris cross between each other. Another part you must think about is why manufacturers listed each receiver to its own frequency? Ring a bell? You guess it!

So whatever you were thinking, it won't work. The receiver was calibrated from the factory to work only on 29Mhz not 40Mhz not 27Mhz not 75mhz. Only 29Mhz. So does the transmitter. Lucky you there are some solutions to your problem. Read below.

I think the best ways for you to get what you want, the 3PK, are these below:
1. You buy australian version of 3PK and you order the 40mhz transmitter module and the receiver overseas. That way you do not need to buy the whole radio.
2. Even better: why not buy spectrum kit? It's 2.4Ghz transmitter module and receiver kit. Since it is running on 2.4 Gigahertz you do not have to worry about interference nor people running on your frequency.

I hope that helps.