R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   How much did you spend (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/80183-how-much-did-you-spend.html)

cars.cars.cars 08-07-2005 11:58 AM

How much did you spend

just wondering cause im buying the HPI RS4 Pro 4 kit with everything i need and the total came to 840$. is this to much. (2 motors( 1 spair just in case)

josh69162 08-07-2005 12:01 PM

List everything you plan on buying...
-Josh

Big Daddy Boomer 08-07-2005 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by cars.cars.cars
and the total came to 840$.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow that is alot to spend if you are just getting into it. You dont even know if you are going to like it. Buy something used at your local track. then if you enjoy it, you can jump off the deep end.

If you have raced before then you should be ready to rock and roll with that much invested.

Just my 2 cents
Boomer

BONZAIII 08-07-2005 12:25 PM

For everything needed to start racing sounds cheap.But without a complete list of everything you bought it's hard to tell.

cars.cars.cars 08-07-2005 12:30 PM

PRODUCT Qty.

HPI X-Pattern Belted Radial 26mm (2) -2
HPI Mesh Wheel 26mm Chrome (2) -2
HPI RS4 Pro 4 Touring Car -1
Trinity Formula 2000 Comm Drops 1 oz. -2
HPI BMW 3 Series Body 190mm -1
Epic ROAR Rebuildable Stock Pro Motor -1
Novak GTX Programmable ESC -1
Epic 6-Cell 3800mAh Sport -2
Unmatched Stick Zapped
Futaba S3152 Servo Digital Standard Hi- -1
Torque
Trinity Golden No Solder Leads (2) -2
MRC Super Brain 969 Pro Series -1
(Charger)
Trinity P2k Copper Head Motor -1
Epic Motor Brush -2
Trinity E Brush w/Terminal -2

P.S. I do nitro off-road just switching to electric on-road. (i like r/c)

and the raeson for the extra rims is cause im also gonna drift so im gonna make drift tires.

BONZAIII 08-07-2005 12:34 PM

It looks like a pretty reasonable deal to me.

cars.cars.cars 08-07-2005 12:36 PM

ok
i was just wondering cause my dad thought it was a little much. but its every thing i need cause i have one servo from my associated tuck and my reciever from my plane that got wrecked

BONZAIII 08-07-2005 12:44 PM

I'd say pretty good I'm sitting here looking at mine and I have spent over $1500.00 US. Before any electronics my car alone had approximately $700.00 in it.So tell your dad you got a pretty good deal and if he doesn't believe you show him my post.lol

Jack Smash 08-07-2005 12:44 PM

You cant use the plane reciever in cars. Airborn and land vehicles run on different bands. Interesting to see your buying a competition level ESC and Trinity no solder connectors. Everything that the GTX is going to give you is going to be wasted running it through those connectors. I would get a soldering iron and at least put deans connectors on if you must run connectors.

handyrandyrc 08-07-2005 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by cars.cars.cars
just wondering cause im buying the HPI RS4 Pro 4 kit with everything i need and the total came to 840$. is this to much. (2 motors( 1 spair just in case)

Sorry, but can I just butt in here for a moment? Hey there, Mr. cars.cars.cars., I noticed you join just a few days back, and now you are starting piddly threads left and right. Can you please save it? I know it may be fun to boost your post count on other forums, but this really isn't the place for it.

We don't mind helping, but what you seem to be doing is just to boost your count. You come on here, asking this vs. that questions and "how fast?", "how much??" I'm through with your threads. Welcome to my ignore list. Please use more courtesy in the future.

Randy

BONZAIII 08-07-2005 12:46 PM

And I thought I had an attitude sheesh.

pops 08-07-2005 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by handyrandyrc
Sorry, but can I just butt in here for a moment? Hey there, Mr. cars.cars.cars., I noticed you join just a few days back, and now you are starting piddly threads left and right. Can you please save it? I know it may be fun to boost your post count on other forums, but this really isn't the place for it.

We don't mind helping, but what you seem to be doing is just to boost your count. You come on here, asking this vs. that questions and "how fast?", "how much??" I'm through with your threads. Welcome to my ignore list. Please use more courtesy in the future.

Randy

Thread Nazi :weird: :weird: :weird:
Please put me on your ignore list too.

cars.cars.cars 08-07-2005 12:59 PM

what do you mean boost my post count didnt mean any harm by making some threads. no one else seems to care. they're helping me and i thank all of you who helped mefind what i needed. i just wanted to make shure i wasnt getting ripped off. and i know how lots oof people dont like cross posting and i didnt see any other threads like this so i made it.

SoCalLosiRacer 08-07-2005 01:05 PM

Are you planning on actually racing with this setup? If you aren't, there are some things you could definately cut back on, but overall, it doesn't seem like a bad deal.

cars.cars.cars 08-07-2005 01:08 PM

i dont plan on raceing right away but once i get used to the car i will race.

what are some of your ideas of what to cut back on

im new to electric so i dont know what i need and what i dont need