Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What is a good Carpet Touring car? >

What is a good Carpet Touring car?

What is a good Carpet Touring car?

Old 09-15-2002, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default What is a good Carpet Touring car?

Hi, I would like to get into some competitive Carpet racing on foam over the winter and just wondering which car would be good for both Stock and Mod? I was looking at the Losi xxx-s, FT tc3, or a 414m. Any other good choices. Had an X-ray last year but I don't think it would be a good idea again due to expensive parts, C hub's, etc.

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The ft tc3 is a very good choice. It is very tunable for foam and served me well(i just got an xray, what a coincidence)
email me for a goos starting foam setup
[email protected]
Old 09-15-2002, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

I would go with the Mission. Its very fast and more tunible then the tc3
Old 09-15-2002, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hum... even though i could't stand having what everyone else has, i can admit that the super efficient shaft drive of the tc3 makes it a great choice for stock racing. and you've got to love being able to replace parts at your lhs. same with the xxxs, but it's still a belt.

for mod, though, it's a different story, as you can makeup for driveline drag with a hotter motor. i would hands down go with the new schumacher for that one. parts may not be available at your lhs, but are cheap and always instock at schumacher usa in florida. schumacher's never released a car that didn't handle like a champ! and the mission is at the top of the list.

the 414 m is really nice too. speedtechrc has the 414's for a great price right now, but i think schumacher's got it right with their newest transMISSION design. actually it's not a bad choice for stock too. go carbon all the way though.

i'm gonna try out the rclab 7even, that i've had laying around for a few months now, for this years carpet season. it's really rigid out of the box, so i'm pretty optimistic it'll be a contender. and just as optimistic that it'll be the only one out there.
Old 09-15-2002, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

It's fairly likely carpet will be on foams this year, so your best bet would to be going with something stiff.

The FT TC3 and the XXXS are both very rigid, I don't think the mission is quite as stiff. Right now I'm thinking about getting a Losi, probably the stiffest car on the market, and the graphite version has most everything you could want.
Old 09-15-2002, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

On foam? A stiff one.

Losi or AE.
Old 09-16-2002, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

I would say Mission. Carbon version. And with the big pulleys in the drive train, I believe it would be nice in stock class also.

I'm about to save up for the Mission, so I havent tried it yet by myself. But some people claims that the drietrain is even faster / more efficient than a TC3....
Old 09-16-2002, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to have to check out the track and see what all the fast guys are running. I will think about the Mission but I don't think I could get parts locally.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

This is what I saw at my local carpet track from some very fast guys.

Mission for stock

Losi for Mod.

Although I saw Tony Phalen get his FTTC3 really hooked up in only a few hours.

I drove the TC3 and thought it fine. If you go TC3, then check out Tony's site www.competitionx.com for his Kinetix setup. Stock or mod. I ran stock and 19t.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Losi will be releasing a full hop-up version of there xxx-s by November the latest.kit will have full graphite,titamium tierods,threaded bodies,etc.this kit will be worth waiting for.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rcpilot
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to have to check out the track and see what all the fast guys are running. I will think about the Mission but I don't think I could get parts locally.
Local support is important, so check out your options in getting parts.

If you cant get parts, I would probably go with a XXX-S or the TC3.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Carpet Touring

We are trying in Kansas City Mo. to get a carpet track to work we are looking for a pretty big space to do this. Eric.B SEIDKRacing
Old 09-16-2002, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Just get a TC3 and drive the hell out of it.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Dingus

Although I saw Tony Phalen get his FTTC3 really hooked up in only a few hours.

Tony had been on carpet less than a week before visiting Kinetix, I watched him run on carpet in Shreveport......he was fast!
Old 09-17-2002, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you get a TC3 or XXX-s there better be parts support, moreso for the TC3. With the Mission parts will only be a small problem, because they don't break often.....

The TC3 isn't the most effiecient.... and I am very tired on people claiming this just because it has a shaft drive.... The Mission and Losi are much more effiecient and either will out accelerate the TC3 anywhere on the track as long as they are set-up right........

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.