STOCK motor forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STOCK motor forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well it's illegal, but I'm not sure how it will work. That's what they call a "Hybrid" motor. I have tried Top arms (out of a core) in a monster can, and the results haven't been very impressive, but I have no clue how a Monster arm in a Core can will work out. Give it a try and post the results!
Old 05-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Pfft....around here I could run a handwound stock arm & they wouldn't give a fizzuck...I know people who run 19 arms in stock cans around here...

You just can't pull that kinda crap at big races around here, or if theres tech there...Hell if it were a big race I'd run 19 turn class anyway....I have a legal-Chameleon that keeps along side on the strait and out punchs the Quadmag Outlaw 19ts & a Quadmag with even more RPM than that so I'm setup Plus, I FINALLY have an outdoor setup (yes!)

Anyway....back to the Core Can/Monster Arm....I'll post some dyno results (Indi dyno) and track performance as soon as I have it....I may be able to test it next weekend if I get to the carpet track

Last edited by The Black Kat; 05-17-2004 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Default F*@!'IN SPRINGS

Anonymous i gotta disagree w/ you on the springs. Everybody at my track is on the purple kick and I just got the hotshoe to say "who the hell is that" when I passed him in the sweeper! Of course he spanked me on the infield but that was due to driving. I was using one of his buddies old practice packs during the A main running red green combo on a motor I tuned by ear w/out a dyno.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i tune alot of motors with and without a dyno and the best results have been purple/ red combo...what works for you wont work for everyone....the couple guys i sponsor have had great success with what i put on their MS's...i do different brushes depending on application and different springs if running 4-cell

if you read Mike Blackstocks thread he almost always tweaks his springs like i do
Old 05-16-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Pfft....around here I could run a handwound stock arm & they wouldn't give a fizzuck...I know people who run 19 arms in stock cans around here...

You just can't pull that kinda crap at big races around here, or if theres tech there...Hell if it were a big race I'd run 19 anyway....I have a legal-Chameleon that keeps along side on the strait and out punchs the Quadmag Outlaw 19ts & a Quadmag with even more RPM than that so I'm setup Plus, I FINALLY have an outdoor setup (yes!)

Anyway....back to the Core Can/Monster Arm....I'll post some dyno results (Indi dyno) and track performance as soon as I have it....I may be able to test it next weekend if I get to the carpet track
around here you wouldnt get away with that even at club races
Old 05-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
purple springs for stock
Now I am confused... first you say purple springs and now you say purple/red... maybe I should just have you tune my motors so I dont have to worry about colors
Old 05-16-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Old 05-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

some motors react differntly to springs and brushes.. some work good with one type and some the other...

i have 4 monster stocks.. none of them have the same brushes or springs... i tune them with what works best...
Old 05-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cmon man...If you were running in stock class and had a 19T arm in it, then no-one at the track asked to see your car after the race, then you must race with some pretty dense folks.

You could easily hear the difference between the two engines, not only that, a car with a 19T just doesn't move like a car with a 27T. It wouldn't look right on the track and thus you'd stick out like a sore thumb.

I've seen some fast stock motors...but arm swapping is just too easy to sniff out. I tried it once...when I was 12. I actually got in trouble with my dad because I was whipping up on the pancar stock class in 1990 with an illegal motor.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

he has a I saw, I did, I know this guy story for everything anyone says
Old 05-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

The Black Kat - You'd probably get better performance if you just ran your monster stock.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ottoman
Now I am confused... first you say purple springs and now you say purple/red... maybe I should just have you tune my motors so I dont have to worry about colors
youve looked at motors in Mike G.'s car so im sure you know what i put on the motors
Old 05-17-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fatdoggy
The Black Kat - You'd probably get better performance if you just ran your monster stock.
I already run my Monster's stock....They smuck so I want to get something that actually works...

wikedgmc: WTF is that supposed to mean? I've never put a 19t in a Stock can. Hell, I can't even get to Gilroy on racenights (Friday night) anyway

Back on topic: IF I do get another stocker I should probably get a race tuned version seeing as the tuners like to weed out the crap motors & sell you the good ones....Keep in mind when you answer I only make $7.50 a week, what would be the best tuner to buy from for the money? I know theres Team1, Phantom, Race Prep, Integy & Paradigm but who sells the best motors consistantly. I like Integy's prices but I've heard nothing about their motors.

And for people who know the track...I need this motor for Sheldon's BPL Races....

Last edited by The Black Kat; 05-17-2004 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
youve looked at motors in Mike G.'s car so im sure you know what i put on the motors
I dont pay much attention to motors that only win at the club level... I am more interested in the motors that go fast at a national event... sorry
Old 05-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You just can't pull that kinda crap at big races around here, or if theres tech there...Hell if it were a big race I'd run 19 turn class anyway....I have a legal-Chameleon that keeps along side on the strait and out punchs the Quadmag Outlaw 19ts & a Quadmag with even more RPM than that so I'm setup Plus, I FINALLY have an outdoor setup (yes!)

You know thats not true Daniel.I know every last race director here would not allow anything you just said.Me being one of them you dont have to worry about me giving you grief,you dont race where the majority of racers in the Bay race{HOBBYTOWN}.I think Brendan would not allow that either at Sheldons.They have printed rules you know.Hobbyworld on the other hand is a different story.Noone cares about when you practice on saturdays.Run what you like.You must want to be branded a cheater and always scrutinized.Btw,good to hear your car is working now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.