Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
STOCK motor forum >

STOCK motor forum

STOCK motor forum

Old 01-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

As an addition to Colin's point above, he also tuned my motor. Apart from the fact Richmond and Elliott are better drivers and I was having a nightmare of a day, when Richmond came round to lap me and I held it together properly, my motor was definately on par peformance wise.

I was running an brand new EA ROAR, with purple/red springs and F-lines and I ran all 5 races without having to skim or re-brush. After the second final, I could still see the remnants of serrations on the negative brush. All I did between rounds was clean out with motor spray and use the hurricane motorsports red drops to re-lube. It was geared at 8.4 FDR.

I was running an MRT TSX on the lowest profile (1khz) and using the auto-roll on the top profile (20% power).

It was the first time I have ever gone through a 5 race meeting without having to skim or re-brush! I was well-chuffed
Old 01-30-2007, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
yes i checked & dubled checked with rich & elliot (knowing full well these speedo`s can burn things prematurly)
this was backed up by Nathan parker (they had he`s program)
both drivers had the same settings
anyway how did you manage to get a 11a motor!!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by stephen hilton
anyway how did you manage to get a 11a motor!!!!
Don`t know really
the batch of F-lines i have are all the same ,also that day 3-4 others had the brush`s & run with out any probs

so it was Elliots motor that was a bit concerning ,same motor checker ,same parameters i use & it was doing 11a + with ease

i`m yet to talk to Elliots dad as i was only there half a day for what else occured (it might be one of these advanced by 8 degree stocks that are out there
Old 01-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi everyone,

Got a problem with my stock motors I hope you could help me out to find the problem.
each motor I use, the shaft on the armature (pinion end) keeps creating a kink or wearing mark where the bushings sit.
Now I know its because of wear and tare of the bushing being distorted, which causes an awful sound to the motor.

Does this happen most of the time? as its happened to most of the motors Ive run.
Do I need to change the bushings more often or is their something els I can do to prevent the problem?

May this cause any radio interference and cause the car to steer erratically?

Any help much appreciated.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default KOS

Has anyone used the Integy King of Stock motor w/Evo 30 endbell? Like? Dislike? Just wondering if there are any opinions on this. Thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cristian Silva
Hi everyone,

Got a problem with my stock motors I hope you could help me out to find the problem.
each motor I use, the shaft on the armature (pinion end) keeps creating a kink or wearing mark where the bushings sit.
Now I know its because of wear and tare of the bushing being distorted, which causes an awful sound to the motor.

Does this happen most of the time? as its happened to most of the motors Ive run.
Do I need to change the bushings more often or is their something els I can do to prevent the problem?

You can add lubricant to the bushing to keep it from making noise. Also do this to a new motor as well. You can also take out the bushings and polish them to make them smoothe, and add the lube to it keep the bushing from drying out since they are suppose to be self lubricating. I am sure others can add to what I have said.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default RE:problem with my stock motors

Are you buying the base level stock motors, or tuned motors? Even a Trinity "PRO" needs quite a bit of work.

I would do the following to most motors.
Chuck the arm into a dremel, polish the shaft with 1500 grit, and then 2000 grit. Follow with a metal polish (I use blue magic). Do to both ends.
I also put a Q-tip into the dremel and polish the bushings with metal polish.
Clean everything really, really well.

Finally, and probably most important. I center the arm in the motor, use teflon motor shims. It will not touch at either end when you finally get it right.

Oil liberally the pinion end before assembly, and a drop or two on the brush end.

Some motors (I buy Birdman) dont need any of this, except oil.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Hi everyone,

Those symptoms sound a bit like you may be setting your gear mesh too tight. Are you leaving a little bit of play in between the teeth? Too much pressure on the bushing will cause premature wear of both the bushing and the armature.

Grinding metal on metal contact like that could cause radio interference, although it wouldn't be the first thing I would guess.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Hi everyone,

also if your track allows it put bearings in as they wont wear.
hth
Old 02-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Hello guys, In some recent posts some of you where talking about the f motor brush, Is that the fantom f brush that you are talking about or is there some other manufactuer that makes a better one? Thanks, AL
Old 02-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

i was told there was only one f brush but that's what i was told
Old 02-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MEGAVOLTS
Hello guys, In some recent posts some of you where talking about the f motor brush, Is that the fantom f brush that you are talking about or is there some other manufactuer that makes a better one? Thanks, AL

the F brush is the finish line brush
Old 02-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default brush hacking

i just got a fantom dyno and it says to turn down the timming on the motor but it is a fixed end bell 24deg motor does anybody know abut brushacking to do that if so let me know how its done please thank you
Old 02-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello guys, im new in Rc hobby and im really enjoying it so far. I got myself a stock C027 motor and with it i played around using my MM motor master. Its so cool using the quick test with all the motor data showing up like RPM and AMP draw. Now i just wondered what is/are effects of the amp draw in a stock motor performance.

Changing brushes and springs gives me diferent readings on the RPM and AMP draw. How can i interpret its reading. hope someone an shed light on this matter for me. Thanks for your reply.

David
Old 02-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info on the f brush. I had seen them on left hander's site, but they didn't look like much, but I guess I'll look a little closer. Thanks, AL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.