Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STOCK motor forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Its outdoors on an asphalt track with off camber turns. It maybe a 70'x50' track. The track temps alone have been getting to the 150* mark. Also thanks for the information. I am very greatful for it.
I was wondering what will red/red or green/green do to the motor? MAn, Stock is so technical just to get the right amount of power out of a motor.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default CO27 Gearing

JRX-s Bill,The track is asphalt, main staight +/- 80 meters long. There is also a smaller track for smaller classes. We run only electric. The super stock class runs full track using stock motors and foams. The CO27 seemed to be very slow with no top end or grunt. That is why I am asking for advice on gearing, brush and spring combo. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails STOCK motor forum-parow-rc-club.jpg  
Old 08-08-2006, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys

Whats the best bushing oil to use on stock motor bushes?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:18 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howard1
JRX-s Bill,The track is asphalt, main staight +/- 80 meters long. There is also a smaller track for smaller classes. We run only electric. The super stock class runs full track using stock motors and foams. The CO27 seemed to be very slow with no top end or grunt. That is why I am asking for advice on gearing, brush and spring combo. Thanks
Howard, I would try the Epic Roar motor or the new X Stock Motor. We ran them on our big carpet track. Seem to have more noticable top end RPM. gear to 27.5-28.5 rollout, not sure what the Gear ratio is, I have Rollouts stuck in my head!

...And I guess i would rather race 19turn on that track, stock looks like it would just be to slowwww!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default CO27 Gearing

Bschorr, thanks for the reply, but that rollout will be peaking before it reaches halfway down the straight. The motor (CO27) I have has approx. 29000 rpm and 76nm torque.I am guessing that I would have to go for at least a 32 to 33 rollout (FDR of 6.1). Thats my guess. I will try it tomorrow and see what the result is.BTW the track is not slow for stock. AVG laptimes of 17 sec's. The 19 turns also use the track with avg times of 16.4's
Old 08-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You are probably going to get the best input from others that drive your track. Have not been to anything comparable here in US...Except for what I consider as being pure nitro tracks.

The layout in the picture is really cool. Surprised to only see only two cutoffs that lead to a limited number of course variations. Wish it was scaled down to be maybe 2/3 that size. Where is this track?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

hey howard1, i ran at a 1/8 scale track cut in half with a driving line of about 650 ft. for stock we rolled out at about a 1.2". this was what everone was using and lap times varied but were in the mid 18's.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

That's an awesome looking track!
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default CO27 Gearing

JRX-s Bill, the track is in Cape Town South Africa where we run electric for all classes. I was at the track earlier today to try different rollouts. The motor performed best at a rollout of 32.9mm (1.3inch), but still couldn't get under 18 sec's. The motor performed poorly going up or down on the gearing. It would seem that the CO27 is for smaller twistier tracks (my opinion!). Put the monster back and it was flying! If you ever in Caape Town pay us a visit!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Are the newer CO27's worth it? I want to get a new motor, but my old Monster Stock keeps up with the faster guys in the straight just fine. But it IS getting old (comm is wearing down after cuts, etc etc.).
Old 08-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

what i have found is that the co27 maintains power throughout the 5 minute run... i attribute this to the fact that the co27 does not get as hot as the monster
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMOisCOOL
Are the newer CO27's worth it? I want to get a new motor, but my old Monster Stock keeps up with the faster guys in the straight just fine. But it IS getting old (comm is wearing down after cuts, etc etc.).
DOMO... Ive noticed on onroad, the Monster heat fades at teh 4 minute mark. But for the CO27, Ive had some of my fastest laps at the 4-4.5 minute mark..

Offroad Truck and Buggy.. I havent really seen a difference. Our track can be inconsistant at most times. But the CO27 is teh latest and greatest

The "Epic Roar" most of the time is a better motor then the CO27 on a 100x48 track. But the new "Epic X-Stock" came out, so I cant wait to put that in my sedan, especially in teh 12th scale! If the track is tight, a CO27 might be better with the low end torque. Just gott aplay around with spring combos and springs. Genrally, Purple + and Red - for Sedan, Red + and Red - for Medium Offroad Tracks, and Red + and Green - for Large tracks
Old 08-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

JRX-s Bill, the track is in Cape Town South Africa where we run electric for all classes. I was at the track earlier today to try different rollouts. The motor performed best at a rollout of 32.9mm (1.3inch), but still couldn't get under 18 sec's. The motor performed poorly going up or down on the gearing. It would seem that the CO27 is for smaller twistier tracks (my opinion!). Put the monster back and it was flying! If you ever in Caape Town pay us a visit!
Kewl, kewl track. But still thinking that 19T would be fun, fun...
Old 08-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys, quick question. i wanna get my hands on a Trinity CO2 Pro stock motor.

Would this work with my stock Tamiya ESC found in the TT-01 kit?

has anyone tried it?

problems with over heating?

performance etc...

just give me a general over view.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Can anyone give me a good motor setup, springs, brushes etc for a Co27 and an Epic X to use in TC stock?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.