Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbyking

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hobbyking

Hobbyking www.hobbyking.com is an RC retailer. Buyer beware. Be vary aware. This company is certainly one to avoid at all costs. They sell garbage for RC products. Please learn from my mistake. I purchased SC120A ESC, 4.5T 4x4 550 motor and a programming box. Shipping is VERY SLOW even if you order from there so called US warehouse. Forget about it, if you place an overseas order. Christmas will be here before your parts. The ESC that I purchased was a piece of Junk right out of the box. The ESC would not program out of the box. I finally got it to work well it only worked for about 5 minutes then quit. I contacted them about returning the item they wanted me to do a video and send it to them to prove they sold me junk. What kind of business works like this? I wish I had never spent my money with this place. Save your money and buy something else.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I really wish you guys would search. This has come up before and honestly it doesnt sound like they really put the screws to you. Additionally it sounds like you had problems that were corrected when you followed the directions.

I have ordered quite a bit from several e-retailors (including HK) and havent had a problem yet. Their shipping is quick (from the US warehouse) and if you order from china you need to expect some delays.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

I've been buying stuff from them for a few years now and only had 1 product issue when the plane motor failed mid air. I can't really say its a product issue coz I could've over propped.

Sad to hear your problem but they did respond and only wanted a video, not send the items back which I feel is a much better option.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't buy from China if all possible...
Pay a little more and buy Made in the USA.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Spent thousands at hobby king their parts are not bad for the price. Shipping time was also reasonable.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acemechanic
Hobbyking www.hobbyking.com is an RC retailer. Buyer beware. Be vary aware. This company is certainly one to avoid at all costs. They sell garbage for RC products. Please learn from my mistake. I purchased SC120A ESC, 4.5T 4x4 550 motor and a programming box. Shipping is VERY SLOW even if you order from there so called US warehouse. Forget about it, if you place an overseas order. Christmas will be here before your parts. The ESC that I purchased was a piece of Junk right out of the box. The ESC would not program out of the box. I finally got it to work well it only worked for about 5 minutes then quit. I contacted them about returning the item they wanted me to do a video and send it to them to prove they sold me junk. What kind of business works like this? I wish I had never spent my money with this place. Save your money and buy something else.
you do get what you pay for.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mr RCTech
I don't buy from China if all possible...
Pay a little more and buy Made in the USA.
like what?
Old 03-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
like what?
Novak is made in the USA

NOVAK BUILT AND SUPPORTED
Novak takes pride in its manufacturing facility in Lake Forest, California and also with its use of high-quality components and assembly and testing processes. Each Novak EDGE 2S/Ballistic 540 Brushless System is designed, assembled, and tested in the Novak factory to Novak’s exacting standards. All Novak products are supported by Novak’s knowledgeable customer support staff and race team
Old 03-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
Novak is made in the USA
true, true. novak at the moment seems to be the the most likely to puff. had 2 go bad on me.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:51 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I've ordered dozens of times from hobbyking. They used to be very good for shipping times, even from China. But my last few orders have taken a lot longer. My orders from the new USA warehouse was MUCH faster though, even to Canada. Unfortunately their selection is a lot weaker from the USA warehouse.
As far as quality goes, out of the thousands of dollars of cheap products that I have bought from hobbyking, 99% of it has worked as advertised, and I used 95% of the parts in combat robotics where they take an absolute beating.
Oddly enough, I've have way more dead american built ESC's than Chinese esc's.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Research what you're buying.

Half the stuff I race with is from hobbyking. Chargers, ESC, motor, batteries, servos & more. Not only have I found the stuff to be unbelievably excellent value for money, they are also quick and reliable.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

as far as shipping goes mines extra quick. i ordered an esc on tuesday and i got it wed. ide say thats fast. but they are i the same state as i am. but i bough the wrong esc. sensorless not sensored. meh $30 gone no biggie. ill sell it for face value if i can.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:53 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I agree. I've had better luck with Turnigy Nanotech lipos than ThunderPower G8 lipos of the same capacity in the same application, and the nanotech lipos were 1/5 the price. The x-car series of car esc's are rebadged hobbywing xerun esc's and only cost $23 for the 60a model. I also like my turnigy charger more than my thunderpower charger. :P

Originally Posted by poeee
Research what you're buying.

Half the stuff I race with is from hobbyking. Chargers, ESC, motor, batteries, servos & more. Not only have I found the stuff to be unbelievably excellent value for money, they are also quick and reliable.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

HK is absolute crap. Their service is crap. The products are crap Chinese junk. I've bought a few things from them in the past. Found the shipping extra slow and also one package lost which they wouldn't do anything about. Avoid HK at all costs guys. Some may be lucky but most people get stung sooner or later.

You get what you pay for and it's true. Buy proper kit once and enjoy it rather than continually buying crap from HK that fails left right and centre. You end up spending much more in the long run than buying proper stuff from the outset.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:24 PM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I bought an 1/8 scale speed controller that never work. I returned it. They inspected it and found it defective. I never got a refund. Their service sucks. I completely agreed with Dan. Avoid them at all costs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.