Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motor Question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default Motor Question?

Hi I am new here so if I posted this in the wrong place I apologise.
I have an Schumacher Mi1 with all hop ups, alloy everything. My speedy is rated at over 13 turns, does that mean I can put a 13 turn motor in it? It's a nosram International.
My main question is, I need a new motor as the 15t Venom Fireball I bought turned into a Fireball after 5 runs at the track.

Which motor should I get a 13T, another 15T or a stock motor like a monster stock? I really want raw speed. I plan on racing in 540 class but want a fast car to play with when not racing so I get better at driving and want to progress to racing MOD.

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by WRXTC; 08-04-2005 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

18 views you think someone would be able to give me some advice?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you are really new to this hobby....get good with a stock motor...and learn your car....it makes more difference if you know what to change to make your car handle better...I recommend getting XXXmain's touring car handbook...very good for newbees...
If you want controlable speed go with a Camillian2 or a Reedy Quad mag...19T they are both great motors that are really fast and still controlable.,,,,,
After you learn your car and can drive a whole battery without hitting anything and are confident in your skills then and only then get a low turn motor....save your money on tires and batteries....
My two pennies...spend them well
-Shookie <><
Originally Posted by WRXTC
18 views you think someone would be able to give me some advice?
Old 08-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

I have a couple of questions.
Also i would like some help with motors. What will suit me best with just messing arround in the driveway/local street when racing some freinds. Not the serious stuff just for fun. (I hope to get more serious in racing a little later when i am more experienced)

P.S. Shine the light onto what single, double, triple... motors are and what turns are. I would also like to know what is better the high turns or low ones. and the double wind. please explaine it all. Thank You

Just a newbie looking for answers

If you could IM me my aim is: averagejoe1088
Old 08-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

im the expert on this stuff but the turns are the number of times the wire inside is wrapped around the armature i believe and for just running around driveway and street and stuff i would recommend like 14-23 turns because they arnt too fast but also arnt to slow...the lower the number of turns the more top end u will have and the higher the turns the more torque...also the more magnets inside i believe helps out(for example: quad magnet would be better than duel magnet)...as for the single double and triple i am not completely sure so i wont confuse anybody escpecially myself...i hope this helps some.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

doh...im not the expert is what i meant lol
Old 08-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you. that actually helped alot. i am completly new to electric cars. (but not to r/c, i have hpi nitro mt (just decided i wanted to try electic mabee make a complete switch.)
Old 08-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mr Shookie is right.Don't go waist your money on a low turn motor.The speed is fun but mod motors or low turn motors as you call them only require more maintenance to keep them up to speed.A good monster will last longer between turning the arms in them.No they aren't as fast but until you get familar with your car I would stick with a 19t or stock 27t.But if your just going to play with the car for fun with your friends then go for the lowest turn motor that your speed control will allow.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

im new to electric so would u say a 13 turn motor would do me good. i am planing to race at my local hobby store but nothing big.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes 13 turn should be plenty if not a little bit too much...just learn to drive the car plz i made many mistakes in the beginning i had a 17 turn quad magnet motor with tons of torque and it screwed me over many a time cause i could accelerate faster than i could stop...but if u learn how to drive the car ull be just fine
Old 08-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

I did the same thing I put a 9double in my car when i first started and on my 3rd battery pack i snapped the front nose of the chasis off.Talk about feeling stupid......sheeesh.Thats where my nickname came from.If your going to play with it in a wide open parking lot then get a 13t if your on a street or a tighter area then a 19t would be a better choice
Old 08-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

ok. thank you i am not to good of a driver so i think ill go witha 19t.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

phew im not alone all those crashes i swore i had broken something on my tc3 (full on witha 17t quad magnet motor) but the worst i have broken is the rear shock tower and a front a-arm...damn i got so lucky, those wrecks could have easily have broken lots more
Old 08-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Nothing like having to go back to the hobby store 3 days later to buy or even worse have to order a new chasis and wait on it to come in.No your not alone my name should say it all.I bet I have spent enough money replacing broken parts to buy 4 new FK05's.Cars.cars.cars. i would also check into a Rubberneck bumper I use one and ever since I have put it on I have broken only 1 part so farand that has been about 5 months now.They are around $8 and well worth it.I was spending that plus some every other weekend of racing until i bought one.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

I can handle my car really well IMO when I am on the track alone or not actually racing anyone. I had a 15T in it had no problems whatsoever. I used to race go-karts so I know about counter steering etc.... I just want raw power to have fun at the track, then when I race it will be with a Silver Can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.