Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
traxxas wants to charge me 100 dollars for warranty repair? >

traxxas wants to charge me 100 dollars for warranty repair?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

traxxas wants to charge me 100 dollars for warranty repair?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default traxxas wants to charge me 100 dollars for warranty repair?

I called traxxas because my mamba monster died on me. I talked to the guy every thing was great he said they would switch it out for a new one so he sent me an email with the return merchandise form and there was a another form with the prices for the electronics to be repaired for "warranty" so what the hell is the warranty for. so now i got to spend another hundred dollars to get it repaired, when the car cost over 700 dollars. sorry for my venting lol. but is there any way to get around it? or if i send it in whithout that form will they still fix it
Old 03-10-2014, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dustman497
I called traxxas because my mamba monster died on me. I talked to the guy every thing was great he said they would switch it out for a new one so he sent me an email with the return merchandise form and there was a another form with the prices for the electronics to be repaired for "warranty" so what the hell is the warranty for. so now i got to spend another hundred dollars to get it repaired, when the car cost over 700 dollars. sorry for my venting lol. but is there any way to get around it? or if i send it in whithout that form will they still fix it
It is standard procedure to fill out that service form, regardless of warranty or non-warranty replacement. How would they know who to send the new one to? :-)

If it is indeed a warranty issue, they will honor the "free replacement". If it is found to be something else, then you would have to pay the $100 exchange fee under the "lifetime replacement" warranty.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dustman497
Why would you call Traxxas if your "mamba monster" died? The Mamba is NOT a Traxxas product; it's a Castle Creations product and an aftermarket accessory. You need to get ahold of Castle, not Traxxas.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Xo1 comes standard w a mm
Old 03-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

OP probably forgot to mention that the ESC and motor were "pulled" from a X01 and are currently in his Losi truggy. Maybe he should get a hold of Horizon Hobby and start a thread on that as well.