Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Novak Supersport ESC with Reedy Brushless Motor? >

Novak Supersport ESC with Reedy Brushless Motor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Supersport ESC with Reedy Brushless Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default Novak Supersport ESC with Reedy Brushless Motor?

Dudes,

I just want to ask around on whether it is ok to combine reedy brushless motor with Novak Supersport ESC. I read somewhere that the Novak ESC wont be able to withstand the power required by the Reedy motor, but I am thinking that applying it to 4 cell pan car wont be as bad as 6 cells TC.

I have 3 Novak brushless sets and I hate to spend more money to buy LRP ESC to be able to use the reedy brushless motor. replacing one of the novak motor with reedy would have saved me a lot as long as it wont damage the Novak ESC.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

The SS can barely handle the 5800. The Reedy Neo motor is more powerful so you would be risking it if you used the Reedy motor with the SS ESC.

Sean
Old 08-06-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If it thermals, it thermals...no biggie. They have a thermistor that'll cut it off if it gets too hot. You might want to contact Novak and ask them the real deal, but I bet it would work.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

thanks guys, when i read in the Reedy website that the motor can be used with other ESC. Immediately I was thinking that they must have tried it before or have done some development on it.

I know that there is a risk that I may blow up the ESC, that why i posted this question to verify on whether 4 cells instead of 6 is OK. It's just an idea that I got from running a novak system in my 4 cell pan car. The ESC heat fin is much much cooler than the one that I have been running in my 6 cell pan car.