R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #31
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
Do the pod side plates accept normal IRS style ride height adjusters?
If they do will the pod plates fit the lightning 12?
Hi,

Ride height adjustability is offered via the VBC Racing Lightning Series Axle Height Adjuster Set D-05-VBC-0114 and is included with the LightningF. This set is compatible on both the LightningF and Lightning12 cars.

For additional parts compatibilities between the two cars, I created this chart a little while ago that you can download below:

Old 04-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
Hey all: This new VBC F1 looks really nice. With all the new high end F1 cars coming looks like we need to create a new "pro F1" class (not that we don't have enough classes already). Also is CRC still the importer of VBC in the USA? Thanks
CRC is no longer the US importer of VBC Racing products. APS Racing is the official North American Distributor of VBC Racing. there are a number of dealers that frequently post in our threads that are excellent sources for the latest and greatest stuff .

-Korey
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop View Post
I was finally able to shoot some photos of my LightningF after getting it wired up by BlackedOutRevo.

The design of this car is impressive and it has some pretty trick features to really get it dialed in. My only wish for the car would be a black spur gear. Other than that, this car is going to be a beast on the track!

BTW, the LightningF is now available in our shop as well as a number of replacement parts.

Pictures look great! Glad you chose me to wire it.

Very cool car, Can't wait to see how it drives. F1 is a super fun class!

Last edited by BlackedOutREVO; 04-14-2014 at 11:56 AM.
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Had a great weekend at the Mile High Indoor Champs with the VBC Flash taking 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th on the podium. Also We decided to give the winner of the F1 B-Main a brand shinny new VBC Lightning F kit.... was great to see the mood on the drivers stand change as soon as Mario announced to the driver's what they were battling for. I hope he enjoys the new kit.

will attach a photo of our winner Ed Gaines later....
Attached Thumbnails
New vbc f-1 lightingf-photo.jpg  

Last edited by MAD916; 04-14-2014 at 01:07 PM.
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:51 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBC Racing Shop View Post
[SIZE="3"]Hi,

Ride height adjustability is offered via the VBC Racing Lightning Series Axle Height Adjuster Set D-05-VBC-0114 and is included with the LightningF. This set is compatible on both the LightningF and Lightning12 cars.
I was more interested in the fact that the F1 uses a Crescent Moon shape peice under the ride height adjuster. The new holes for the adjuster to fit in are oval shaped according to the manual.

So does anyone know if normal pan car ride height adjusters will fit the new pod plates?
Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
Had a great weekend at the Mile High Indoor Champs with the VBC Flash taking 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th on the podium. Also We decided to give the winner of the F1 B-Main a brand shinny new VBC Lightning F kit.... was great to see the mood on the drivers stand change as soon as Mario announced to the driver's what they were battling for. I hope he enjoys the new kit.

Wow, this is awesome news on all accounts! Great work everyone!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:11 PM   #37
B44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post

Thanks Mark! Im building it now.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

New to F1 going to pick this kit up very nice!
We will be running UF1 190mm 21.5 blinky.
What are the front and rear wings, diffusers, best body, and what wheels to run to get it ready?
Pit shimizu are the tires that work on our carpet track.

Thanks guys!

Tekno R/C, McFactory Motorsports, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Antimullet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:08 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Ran the Lightning F on asphalt today, VERY impressed with the car! The grip this car has is incredible while having lots of steering and corner speed. Can't wait to mess with setup to see what this thing can do.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Ran the Lightning F on asphalt today, VERY impressed with the car! The grip this car has is incredible while having lots of steering and corner speed. Can't wait to mess with setup to see what this thing can do.
Yep, awesome.

setup changes for asphalt we made:
we started with the side links toe'd in: wide at rear pod inner at front chassis
7k in side damper
8 degree's caster
1.5 degrees camber
pit 571/572
everything else stock setup
Old 04-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #41
Tech Initiate

May I ask where you ran the car Saturday? I too had the pleasure of running this car at the Tamiya track during practice for GCR, and am curious as to what you thought the unequal side links changed for you vs. parallel. Thanks!
Bill Jeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Jeric View Post
May I ask where you ran the car Saturday? I too had the pleasure of running this car at the Tamiya track during practice for GCR, and am curious as to what you thought the unequal side links changed for you vs. parallel. Thanks!
I ran at Speedworldraceway in norcal, asphalt. I will be running it at the GCR race as well. I would love to talk with you, I know who you are and have tons of respect for you in regards to F1's.

To me the F1's feel more planted with toe'd links. I originally got the idea from Rick Vessel when I read that he said this is due to controlling the roll steer inherent in link cars.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #43
Tech Initiate

I am eager to meet you! Please stop by the Tuning Haus tent on Saturday. Thanks for your response and kind words.
Bill
Bill Jeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Jeric View Post
I am eager to meet you! Please stop by the Tuning Haus tent on Saturday. Thanks for your response and kind words.
Bill
Bill, the fact that you enjoy the LightningF says a lot! I was watching you with yours this past weekend and you were carrying good corner speed around the track. I am excited to see what you end up doing with yours in regard to setup.

See you Saturday!
Old 04-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #45
Tech Regular

This past weekend at Tamiya America Raceway, there was an event that allowed non-Tamiya cars to race.

We were able to see how the LightningF compared to Tamiya and other brand cars on asphalt and the results were very impressive.

Early on in the main, Bill Jeric developed a solid lead. As time progressed, a couple of small driving errors saw Jeric's lead fade away and he was overtaken for the lead. Apparently this made Jeric put the pedal to the metal as he began to close the gap on the leader; you could literally see the lead diminish through every corner. As the two cars entered into the chicane, the leader made a mistake that gave Jeric an advantage coming onto the straight. Unfortunately, while both cars were choosing their lines onto the straight (Jeric choosing a high line and moving downward while the other car chose the low line and moved upward), the two cars collided thereby ending Jeric's quest for victory.

Regardless of the unfortunate ending, the LightningF was clearly the fastest car on the track and really carved well through the chicane and exhibited great corner speed.

This car will only get better and has proven itself to be a top contender even in Tamiya territory.