New vbc f-1 lightingf >

New vbc f-1 lightingf

New vbc f-1 lightingf

Old 09-27-2015, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MagsGP
Hi all

New to the forum, but been reading these posts for a while now, just finished reading the 21 page thread on the VBC LightningF.

I have a VBC LightningF and I'm really impressed with it, I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me in to what effects, what it does to the car when you change the link arm positions on the rear pod and main chassis inner and outer and vice versa.
I have never used the narrow link position so I can't tell you how it reacts. Toeing the links in give the car more steering but this can be at the expense of corner speed. It gives it rear steer basically. Wide links I think is the best but a really technical track might benefit from toed in links.
If you go to petit Rc and find Robert bachozky's setup that's a really good carpet setup. Just put the battery in forward position.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks very much for that info, would you or any other forum member know what changes having the links in at the front and out and the rear and also the opposite way, in at the rear and out at the front.

I have a general idea, of what it should do to the rear pod but in terms of steering, front end steering, grip and rear grip.

Any further insight would be great, I am going to be testing my VBC this Saturday so I will also test these out as well.

On another note, my VBC inner diff bearing decided to collapse today, so before I go ahead and purchase another bearing, is the general consensus to get a thrust bearing instead to handle the loads.

Thanks in advance.
Michael
Old 10-05-2015, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I haven't received my F1 yet, but my sources tell me Yokomo make a great thrust bearing.
The alternative is a thrust bearing kit from slapmastertools... http://http://www.slapmastertools.co...t-bearings.php
Old 01-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JayL
I also swapped the center shock for a tamiya full size shock and the exotek black parts so it matches, really helps in the bump area's
I would too like to do the above mod for my VBC could anyone point me in the direction of these part please
Old 01-27-2016, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MagsGP
Thanks very much for that info, would you or any other forum member know what changes having the links in at the front and out and the rear and also the opposite way, in at the rear and out at the front.

I have a general idea, of what it should do to the rear pod but in terms of steering, front end steering, grip and rear grip.

Any further insight would be great, I am going to be testing my VBC this Saturday so I will also test these out as well.

On another note, my VBC inner diff bearing decided to collapse today, so before I go ahead and purchase another bearing, is the general consensus to get a thrust bearing instead to handle the loads.

Thanks in advance.
Michael
Tamiya thrust bearing fits
Just change your diff cone washers from
() to )(
Not sure about the Yokomo but slap master does not currently
Make one for this style f1 diff
Old 01-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by AlexPate
Tamiya thrust bearing fits
Just change your diff cone washers from
() to )(
Not sure about the Yokomo but slap master does not currently
Make one for this style f1 diff
Thanks AlexPate

I have the Tamiya thrust washer so I will make the replacement and also with the bevel washers from () to )(

Would you or anyone other forum member know which parts these are for the VBC mod:

I also swapped the center shock for a Tamiya full size shock and the Exotek black parts so it matches, really helps in the bump area's

The reason I ask for this mod is because my centre shock leaks, so I bought another one and this also leaks.
On both of my shocks the O-Ring which sits inside the spring adjuster screw which screws up and down the shock cylinder to adjust the spring tension is so hard to adjust, it gets to the point where it just stops and I can't physically turn it no longer, I have even bought extra o-rings to try in there and none of them make it easy to adjust so I have run it with out the o-ring now but I still have a leaky shock

Thanks

Last edited by MagsGP; 01-28-2016 at 03:06 PM.