Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New vbc f-1 lightingf

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Saw a few F1 run at the local track and pretty intrigued with the whole F1 scene. Been looking around the local hobby stores and talking to people at the track and came to a conclusion that the VBC is a pretty good choice since parts are readily available locally and performance is relatively good.

I have a few question tho, whats the difference between the lightingF and Flash04? What battery setup do people use? 1S, 2S, shorty packs? regular packs?

Thanks

Last edited by disaster999; 01-06-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
Saw a few F1 run at the local track and pretty intrigued with the whole F1 scene. Been looking around the local hobby stores and talking to people at the track and came to a conclusion that the VBC is a pretty good choice since parts are readily available locally and performance is relatively good.

I have a few question tho, whats the difference between the lightingF and Flash04? What battery setup do people use? 1S, 2S, shorty packs? regular packs?

Thanks
Flash 04 is the older model. I have been told it is a very easy car to drive. I beleive the Lightning is faster though. Started with forward battery 2s shorty lipo. Switched to rearward battery but I never got to back to back it so I cant clearly say better or worse but it's working well in the rear and that seems to be the more common setup. Can't say if you can fit a regular pack in as I haven't tried
Old 01-07-2015, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EricPF
I used the new Tuning Haus Kingpins this weekend at the SoCal Scale series. We had 3x 15 min races + a 3 min qualifier, so that's 48 mins of on track action. I took plenty of hard hits without a single failure. They do the trick.

Just make sure to get the setscrew really right in the back of the steering block with thread lock too.
First race day with the new revised King pins was a success. A couple of hits to the wall and they remain straight
Old 01-07-2015, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks
Be carefull , the flash04 will be no longer available , it could be difficult to find original material for this car in the futur. (but it's compatible with some tamiya parts)
Old 01-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Initiate

As many of you know, I race a Lightning F but first became intrigued with VBC chassis through the Flash 04. Should any readers of this thread be interested, I have a NIB Flash 04 kit plus about 6 chassis worth of spares available. Please PM or e-mail for images.
Bill
Old 01-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Regional Moderator

Thanks for the info. Looking forward in getting my hands on one soon. Probably wont be long
Old 01-08-2015, 03:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AlexPate
Can't say if you can fit a regular pack in as I haven't tried
It does. I chose the LightningF especially for the fact, that regular lipos fit in since I wasn't sure I'd stick to F1 racing and I tried to keep initial cost low by not buying additional batteries.

Funny thing is, I'm now running for more than 6 months and still haven't bought any shorties. I just feel the car is competitive enough with regular lipos inspite of the higher weight. I attended 2 ETS races during that time and made it to the B-mains finishing 13th and 17th overall, just in front of Juray Hudy , which is absolutely adequate for my driving skills.

Christian
Old 01-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info. Looking forward in getting my hands on one soon. Probably wont be long
Hey disaster99

I run my VBC Lightning F at JV on Wednesday evenings and sometimes Saturday mornings. Plain metallic orange body. Come say hi if you see me!

Parts support for Lightning F is good in HK from Action Hobbies or from VBC directly.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Regional Moderator

thanks WagwanBumba, that was the reason I am considering VBC.

Ill see if I have time next wednesday will look for you.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

tuning haus king pins version 2 have now withstood a click track for 4 qualifiers a main and practice. still straight
Old 01-12-2015, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I had one of the first sets of the new Tunng Haus kingpins as I have the pleasure of racing with Bill Jeric who is a class act both as a businessman and a competitor. I have run (3) of the Tuning Haus SoCal RC Scale series races (that's 48 minutes each event of qualifying and racing), (3) of our local races (another 18 minutes per day of qualifying and race action) and a good 10+ hours of practice time over the last 6 weeks at our local carpet track on the same set and not a single break or bend. Plus you have more ride height adjustability than the original set-up or trying to run the spring on top of the knuckle. This item cures the only weak point the VBC had. This is my first non-Tamiya car in 10 years of racing and I am glad I made the switch to the VBC Lightning F1 (and I still have at least 10 of the F104 variations built or NIB)

Panda
Old 01-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Hello
anyone has a realy good setup for high grip carpet ?
i want to compare with what i've done with this chassis so far

Thank you
Old 01-19-2015, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello.
I juse ordered one a week ago and I'm thinking to use lipo on this one for the first time.
Can anyone give Mr the size of shorty lipo that will fit in the car and any suggestion when choosing one?
Thank.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Any standard shorty pack that will fit in a 2WD buggy will fit comfortably in the VBC LF in either forward or backward orientation. (I run mine with the pack rearward and ESC/RX in front of the battery).
There are many good packs available from myriad makers and importers. One thing to consider: the vertical space between the chassis plate and the shock mount brace that secures the battery on the topside does not allow for much pack "puff". My suggestion is to choose a pack brand that is known to resist puffing. Good luck with your VBC car!
Old 01-19-2015, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Much appreciated for the advice. BTW What did you mean by 'puff' part?
did you mean the space for air flow, or extra physical space for plug and such?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.