R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #121
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Will like to test one out as well, but they are sold out everywhere. Any one know where to get this motor from. Thank you
Team Schumacher USA www.racing-cars.com// Team Sweep Racing Tires USA www.sweepracingusa.com// Hobbywing UK // Atomic USA www.rcatomic.com // SkyRocket Racing www.skyrocketracing.com // UPGRADE RC Products www.upgrade-Rc.com // Champion Hobby // Maj's Hobby // Crispy Critters // AbsoluteHobbyz.com // LAB Motors // Clockwork Racing Engines
Aja Archibald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:50 PM   #122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aja Archibald View Post
Will like to test one out as well, but they are sold out everywhere. Any one know where to get this motor from. Thank you
Sorry they are all sold out. The word on the street is no word. Hope to hear something from the man next week for an ETA on new batches of motors.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #123
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone try one these in oval racing?
johnqpublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #124
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
Good luck getting an answer, I didn't.
lidebt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #125
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've sent emails. At first they were replied to. Recently no response?
va.racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #126
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I don't understand the issue here. Numerous people have said that these motors are out of stock. As soon as there is information available, word will trickle out.
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #127
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lidebt2 View Post
Good luck getting an answer, I didn't.
Here is an answer. You guys should be the first then tell all oval racers how great they are. Sorry to sound sarcastic but if you don't get the answer your looking for you kind of have to try for yourself sometimes. These motors haven't been out for long but the results at the podiums don't lie.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:55 AM   #128
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
Here is an answer. You guys should be the first then tell all oval racers how great they are. Sorry to sound sarcastic but if you don't get the answer your looking for you kind of have to try for yourself sometimes. These motors haven't been out for long but the results at the podiums don't lie.
How do you tell people they are good in oval when you can't find one and no eta to see one? And emails don't get returned since April 9th for updates.
The last answer I got was they were working on a oval version and thought the current rotor was not best for oval.

Last edited by va.racer; 05-03-2014 at 06:08 AM.
va.racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #129
Tech Adept

Ciao to all from Italy

tested the 21.5 on my TRG114 F1 car,the motor is coupled with a viper vtx10be esc in no timing mode, the track where tested it is in Leghorn, the straight is abt 50 mtrs and the overall lenght is abt 270 mtrs; the first part of the track is fast with an opencurveat the endof the straight, the the second part is medium fast with acouple of hairpin and the lastpart very technical one with 3 consecutive chicane. When i tested the motor there was another guy with lrp x20 motor and flow esc. I was geared 98 spur and 29 pinion, on the straight my top end speed was a little bit faster than the otherguy, but on the exitof the chicane i was slower, it seems to me that the motor was lacking of punch.
Could you pls advise wich esc are you using? did you try to increase the timing (i know that 30 are factory build in)?

Tnks for your kind help.

Ciao
Max

Don't follow me.... at the end of the straight there is the hairpin and my wall.....
mtaddei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #130
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaddei View Post
Ciao to all from Italy

tested the 21.5 on my TRG114 F1 car,the motor is coupled with a viper vtx10be esc in no timing mode, the track where tested it is in Leghorn, the straight is abt 50 mtrs and the overall lenght is abt 270 mtrs; the first part of the track is fast with an opencurveat the endof the straight, the the second part is medium fast with acouple of hairpin and the lastpart very technical one with 3 consecutive chicane. When i tested the motor there was another guy with lrp x20 motor and flow esc. I was geared 98 spur and 29 pinion, on the straight my top end speed was a little bit faster than the otherguy, but on the exitof the chicane i was slower, it seems to me that the motor was lacking of punch.
Could you pls advise wich esc are you using? did you try to increase the timing (i know that 30 are factory build in)?

Tnks for your kind help.

Ciao
Max
Wow, that's a huge track, sounds like fun

If you want more punch, try less gear, or more timing, with less gear
98x27, 98x26, 25, 24 etc

More timing will generate more heat, so check temps

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #131
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Max, I answered your email a few mins ago. I recommend trying 26pinion, that should bring your fdr to 3.77 if you still need more punch you can try what redbullfixx recommended (25-23pinion) please try one change at a time. Try changing the gearing first & test your timing change later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtaddei View Post
Ciao to all from Italy

Tnks for your kind help.

Ciao
Max
Old 05-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #132
Tech Adept

tnks both of you, Tomorrow i'll make more test in a different track, honestly my feeling of lack of punch can depends by the batteries, presently i'm using ezpower shorty, but i'm looking for a new packs and i don't know which choose.

Ciao
Max

Don't follow me.... at the end of the straight there is the hairpin and my wall.....
Old 05-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #133
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default when will the motors be available again?

Currently the motors are out of stock.

This motor went out of stock last April 10.
13.5 motors & 21.5 motors were out of stock a few weeks before that.

Currently China is on another Holiday again (labor day) Hopefully next week we might have a better Idea on when the motors will be ready.

If anyone has a warranty question, your emails will be answered with the highest priority.

At the moment we are getting more "when will the motor be available?" than we can answer. We try to answer some of them but most of them we cant answer.

We also cannot answer special requests & questions regarding motors that are under development.

Steve
Old 05-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #134
Tech Adept

Today tested once more the 21.5T, geared as suggest 98T spur and 26T pinion, my TRG114 was a rocket!!!! i find out where was the problem!, the previuos time i was using a wrong throttle settings on my KO ex1!!!
the car was fast as the 13.5T notiming Touring car!!!
I'm very happy of my choice.

Ciao
Max

Old 05-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #135
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1wurks View Post
Currently the motors are out of stock.

This motor went out of stock last April 10.
13.5 motors & 21.5 motors were out of stock a few weeks before that.

Currently China is on another Holiday again (labor day) Hopefully next week we might have a better Idea on when the motors will be ready.

If anyone has a warranty question, your emails will be answered with the highest priority.

At the moment we are getting more "when will the motor be available?" than we can answer. We try to answer some of them but most of them we cant answer.

We also cannot answer special requests & questions regarding motors that are under development.

Steve
Thanks for the update Steve. I'm sure it's appreciated by all the guys here hanging out to get one of the these - I certainly appreciate it.
cain.c is offline   Reply With Quote